[Today at 09:14:48 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Well this is a good look for Milwaukee...  (Read 23035 times)

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: Well this is a good look for Milwaukee...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 03:47:32 PM »
yikes.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 04:08:44 PM »
Jeeeez.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 04:20:52 PM »
Just so happens .. this is a few blocks from my house, and I know the owner.

Seeing the fresh Instagram link, I emailed it to him.  I won't write his reply here, but there is more to the story.  It'll come out later.

Regardless, we should totally jump to conclusions before any facts get in the way.   :-\

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 04:29:02 PM »

Seeing the fresh Instagram link, I emailed it to him.  I won't write his reply here, but there is more to the story.  It'll come out later.

Regardless, we should totally jump to conclusions before any facts get in the way.   :-\

I have a secret, I have a secret, I have secret.

C'mon man.

Like with most things, we have Henson's side, you have the owner's side, and shocker!  The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 04:40:18 PM »
And of course the owner is going to say he has a different story because...

...he has a different story, OR

...the original story is awful.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 04:49:09 PM »
Not surprised.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 06:52:40 PM »
john henson seems like a pretty mellow guy.  owner said something about suspicions re: dealer car he was driving-very reasonable that it was part of a promo with the dealer.

i'm sure there might be more to the story, BUT, must be nice to turn away a customer who could probably buy the business with a phone call and a check.  surprised they(the business) is waiting this long to comment much   
don't...don't don't don't don't

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 06:57:16 PM »
Well, this occurred in Whitefolks Bay where no street smarts are evident. I guess the owner says he's been robbed like 3 times in the last 12-18 months, still, a 6'11" skinny dude walks up to your store aren't there money signs as opposed to fear in your eyes?
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 06:59:26 PM »
This story has the owner's side:

Dixon said the store has had three armed robberies in 18 months, and one of the suspect vehicles involved is from the same dealership as Henson’s vehicle. Dixon said when employees saw the vehicle with dealer plates, they became suspicious based on the previous robberies.

Dixon said the misunderstanding is over the vehicle involved, and was not due to racial profiling.

http://deadspin.com/bucks-john-henson-says-he-was-racially-profiled-at-jewe-1737394259
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 07:01:52 PM »
Yeah let me go out on a limb here and say that if he was a white guy driving up in the same exact car, that they wouldn't have locked him out.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 07:03:51 PM »
Yeah let me go out on a limb here and say that if he was a white guy driving up in the same exact car, that they wouldn't have locked him out.
Exactly, might as well put a for sale sign up now, he done.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 07:30:20 PM »
Yeah, Henson's a pretty threathenin' lookin' dude. Super easy to talk to and drives a Range Rover with Florida plates. Looks like Schwanke-Kasten just fooked themselves outta a $100k diamond bezelled Rolex sale 'cuz the associate broads browned out their thongs when a non-traditional came in and didn't look the part, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 07:43:25 PM »

He better darn well hope there's more to the story because if there isn't and it isn't totally compelling he may as well sell because his business just went to zero.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 07:45:50 PM »
Yeah, Henson's a pretty threathenin' lookin' dude. Super easy to talk to and drives a Range Rover with Florida plates. Looks like Schwanke-Kasten just fooked themselves outta a $100k diamond bezelled Rolex sale 'cuz the associate broads browned out their thongs when a non-traditional came in and didn't look the part, ai na?

no, he drives a ride from Kunes Country Motors.  Read the article, ai na?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 07:56:22 PM »
no, he drives a ride from Kunes Country Motors.  Read the article, ai na?

Nah, that ugly ass Chevy must just be his walkin' 'round wheels. He drives a black Range Rover as I said, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 08:53:42 PM »
Wow, welcome to the era of the internet where dumb decisions can end a business.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 08:57:14 PM »
johnny must have interrupted the grand kleagle meeting in WHITEfish bay
don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 08:58:33 PM »
The police just released a statement saying that, even after they identified who he was and that he was there to buy his first Rolex, that the people at the jeweler asked the police to "stand by as they looked at the Rolexes."  (He had a friend with him.)

Yeah no racial profiling going on here. Wow.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2015, 09:13:50 PM »
The police just released a statement saying that, even after they identified who he was and that he was there to buy his first Rolex, that the people at the jeweler asked the police to "stand by as they looked at the Rolexes."  (He had a friend with him.)

Yeah no racial profiling going on here. Wow.

Hope your friend has a response for that one Topper. His business may be done.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2015, 09:25:37 PM »
Hope your friend has a response for that one Topper. His business may be done.
Its already done, never gonna survive this under current owner and name, they are toast.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 10:40:26 PM »
I picked up a ring from that store this summer. The door was locked, and wouldn't let me in until they verified the order. I'm an average sized white dude who was dressed business casual.

Prior to that police report, I could have seen how this could have gone sideways with poor communication. After reading about the employee wanting the cops there after they checked it out, there's no doubt this has a racial element to it.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2015, 10:56:07 PM »
Full disclosure, I live in WFB, and know Tom Dixon, admittedly not closely.  I've maybe had 10 conversations with him over the past 5 years.  I've never been inside Schwanke-Kasten .. Mrs. Hilltopper didn't marry a guy rich enough to afford that stuff!

The below article link summarizes the story pretty well.

TL;DR: Schwanke-Kasten got odd phone calls on Friday, concerning inventory and store hours, enough to report them to police and close the shop early Friday.   Police find a red Tahoe near the regular closing time, with men trying the door. 

Over the weekend, a Green Bay Rolex dealer was burglarized, so the owner of S-K asked for police to be around when they opened Monday, as they've had 3 armed robberies in 18 months.

Henson rolls up .. you guessed it, in a red Tahoe.   Employees see Tahoe, don't buzz him in, and call police.  Store is *always* locked and all customers are buzzed in.

PD calls in the plates, finds it's a dealership plate, calls dealership who don't know who has the plates and dealership says "it's possible someone stole the plates."

http://www.tmj4.com/sports/basketball/milwaukee-bucks/police-release-new-details-in-hensons-alleged-jewelry-store-racial-profiling

Does this absolve S-K (employees) of everything?  No.  They were certainly suspicious of phone calls that (perhaps were innocent.   They linked a robbery 100 miles away to further worry, enough to ask for extra patrols.  Then they see a Tahoe the police told them was there Friday after they closed and boom, here we go.

Other note: Henson has been in the store before, has met Dixon.  Apparently they didn't profile him then.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2015, 11:20:22 PM »

Over the weekend, a Green Bay Rolex dealer was burglarized, so the owner of S-K asked for police to be around when they opened Monday, as they've had 3 armed robberies in 18 months.

They linked a robbery 100 miles away to further worry, enough to ask for extra patrols.

This is akin to a jeweler in Seattle freaking out because of a robbery in Portland.

People who don't think racial profiling is a reality are almost always white...

Death on call

brandx

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2015, 11:24:09 PM »
I'm scared of black people.