[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Article : Marquette Likely to Get Its Own Police Force  (Read 21620 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Article : Marquette Likely to Get Its Own Police Force
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2014, 02:27:28 PM »
Perception is reality. Marquette can't pull off what Penn, Yale, or U. Of Chicago get away with. I see no downside to an increase, in this manner, of security.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2014, 02:36:50 PM »
It was the night of January 20th, 2006.

It was only a few hours after Steve Novak dropped the game winning three-pointer with 1.3 seconds left against Notre Dame.

It was 17 hours after PTM and a group of Schroedor Hall residents starting drinking that morning.

The Morning
In lieu of the standard PTM big gameday morning of strapping on a faux beer belly filled with assorted alcoholic spirits and standing in line at the Bradley Center all day long for seats in Section 106, I had decided to join some friends in early morning drinking.

We opened up with kegs & eggs at a Renee Row courtyard apartment until the early afternoon. While enjoyable we spent the majority of the time chasing freshmen and other unwanteds away from the patio that was being heated with an industrial heater. After tapping out the third barrel of Lite we moved onto Jim Hegarty's for lunch. Things get a little blurry after this....Jim's Timeout was involved....and Buck Bradley's....and maybe Duke's....maybe.

The Game

Completely inebriated. I remember two things. The first being the Steve Novak shot and Mike Kinsella owning Torin Francis. I spent the majority of the time after the game declaring that junior Mike Kinsella had arrived, even though #20's shot was the true story. I remember a foggy, but extremely spirited walk back to campus after the night game.

The Residence Hall

As a sophomore I resided in Mashuda with fellow Top 10 Scoop poster, TallTitan34. After supposedly alienating our third resident into moving out of our room at Winter Break, we had the triple sized room to ourselves that was completely altered into different levels and a mega bunk bed. Completely irrelavant to the story, but levels, Jerry, levels.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQyXeLSL0II" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aQyXeLSL0II</a>

After the game, we ended up back in Schroedor to dabble in some after game spirits. As you all likely know, Schroedor has a turnstyle system that is guarded by the Desk Receptionist. Being a Mashuda residence, I had to get checked in.

After a bit of time in a room, the Night Duty RAs knocked on the door. We weren't attracting attention, but whatever that's a different topic as we were profiled.

The two RAs came into the room, and asked for all the of non-Schroedor residents to leave. Myself and another then left the room and went down a couple floors to hang out with another resident. We only half-thought at the time that the RAs just wanted us to step outside the room, not leave entirely.

We spent a good 20-30 minutes in another friend's room before word starting getting to us that DPS had entirely shut down all admittance and departures from the building. Additionally, all of the elevators were brought down to the first floor and locked there.

After trying to strategize a way out, we decided we were pretty much boned. The desk receptionist had us checked in under the resident who got busted and they had our MU IDs, even an escape would land us in additional trouble.

We took the stairs down to the lobby, walked up to the DPS officer manning the desk and said we needed to check out, but we couldn't find our resident that checked us in. He was already holding our IDs and three officers then proceeded to take us in the back where the Hall offices were. The entire little holding area in-between the turnstyles and elevator was shoulder to shoulder, and the lines to get into the building were out both entrances.

DPS takes us into the back room and the RAs from the bust join them. After a spirited discussion about the RAs use of the words "non-Schroder residents leave the room", they RAs left to continue Night Duty. The three DPS officers were somewhat humorous. I asked what kind of punishment we were looking at. The older DPS officer of the three responded with, "I don't know, son. I've never had to do this, but I would have done the same thing if those peppy RAs pricks said to leave the room. However, you're facing the Residence Life Office, so you're probably unnatural carnal knowledgeed."

The Aftermath

Previously, I had already been punished for two alcohol related offenses in Mashuda. The following day was filled with panic stricken hand wringing as the Student Conduct board had informed me that my third offense would result in my expulsion from all residence halls.

A couple weeks later, I received a letter which basically stated I was not allowed in Schroedor Hall for the remainder of my time on campus. I never tried to go back, so I'm not sure how that would have been enforced.

After receiving the letter, I called DPS asking to talk to the older officer that night since I was expecting certain doom after this incident. The officer called me back several days later and explained he reported that the RAs should have been more direct in talking to us and he thought they were lying when they spoke to DPS officers about what they said trying to cover up their mistake. I later found out the two RAs received disciplinary action for lying to DPS officers as well.

so you and titan shared a big bunk bed?  makes sense.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2014, 02:37:54 PM »
Who was on top and who was on the bottom?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2014, 05:36:32 PM »
It was the night of January 20th, 2006.

It was only a few hours after Steve Novak dropped the game winning three-pointer with 1.3 seconds left against Notre Dame.

It was 17 hours after PTM and a group of Schroedor Hall residents starting drinking that morning.

The Morning
In lieu of the standard PTM big gameday morning of strapping on a faux beer belly filled with assorted alcoholic spirits and standing in line at the Bradley Center all day long for seats in Section 106, I had decided to join some friends in early morning drinking.

We opened up with kegs & eggs at a Renee Row courtyard apartment until the early afternoon. While enjoyable we spent the majority of the time chasing freshmen and other unwanteds away from the patio that was being heated with an industrial heater. After tapping out the third barrel of Lite we moved onto Jim Hegarty's for lunch. Things get a little blurry after this....Jim's Timeout was involved....and Buck Bradley's....and maybe Duke's....maybe.

The Game

Completely inebriated. I remember two things. The first being the Steve Novak shot and Mike Kinsella owning Torin Francis. I spent the majority of the time after the game declaring that junior Mike Kinsella had arrived, even though #20's shot was the true story. I remember a foggy, but extremely spirited walk back to campus after the night game.

The Residence Hall

As a sophomore I resided in Mashuda with fellow Top 10 Scoop poster, TallTitan34. After supposedly alienating our third resident into moving out of our room at Winter Break, we had the triple sized room to ourselves that was completely altered into different levels and a mega bunk bed. Completely irrelavant to the story, but levels, Jerry, levels.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQyXeLSL0II" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aQyXeLSL0II</a>

After the game, we ended up back in Schroedor to dabble in some after game spirits. As you all likely know, Schroedor has a turnstyle system that is guarded by the Desk Receptionist. Being a Mashuda residence, I had to get checked in.

After a bit of time in a room, the Night Duty RAs knocked on the door. We weren't attracting attention, but whatever that's a different topic as we were profiled.

The two RAs came into the room, and asked for all the of non-Schroedor residents to leave. Myself and another then left the room and went down a couple floors to hang out with another resident. We only half-thought at the time that the RAs just wanted us to step outside the room, not leave entirely.

We spent a good 20-30 minutes in another friend's room before word starting getting to us that DPS had entirely shut down all admittance and departures from the building. Additionally, all of the elevators were brought down to the first floor and locked there.

After trying to strategize a way out, we decided we were pretty much boned. The desk receptionist had us checked in under the resident who got busted and they had our MU IDs, even an escape would land us in additional trouble.

We took the stairs down to the lobby, walked up to the DPS officer manning the desk and said we needed to check out, but we couldn't find our resident that checked us in. He was already holding our IDs and three officers then proceeded to take us in the back where the Hall offices were. The entire little holding area in-between the turnstyles and elevator was shoulder to shoulder, and the lines to get into the building were out both entrances.

DPS takes us into the back room and the RAs from the bust join them. After a spirited discussion about the RAs use of the words "non-Schroder residents leave the room", they RAs left to continue Night Duty. The three DPS officers were somewhat humorous. I asked what kind of punishment we were looking at. The older DPS officer of the three responded with, "I don't know, son. I've never had to do this, but I would have done the same thing if those peppy RAs pricks said to leave the room. However, you're facing the Residence Life Office, so you're probably unnatural carnal knowledgeed."

The Aftermath

Previously, I had already been punished for two alcohol related offenses in Mashuda. The following day was filled with panic stricken hand wringing as the Student Conduct board had informed me that my third offense would result in my expulsion from all residence halls.

A couple weeks later, I received a letter which basically stated I was not allowed in Schroedor Hall for the remainder of my time on campus. I never tried to go back, so I'm not sure how that would have been enforced.

After receiving the letter, I called DPS asking to talk to the older officer that night since I was expecting certain doom after this incident. The officer called me back several days later and explained he reported that the RAs should have been more direct in talking to us and he thought they were lying when they spoke to DPS officers about what they said trying to cover up their mistake. I later found out the two RAs received disciplinary action for lying to DPS officers as well.

In 1981 when I got busted for ten kegs in Schroeder, Flo, the dorm director told me to not do that again.  End of story.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2014, 07:32:42 PM »
I was in the same class as you ('08), I don't think we know each other but I was definitely at the party in Renee Row that day, Hegartys (our normal stop on the way to the BC) blacked out at the Notre Dame game (but I remember Novaks shot). What a great day. Pure mischief.

Once I actually turned 21, I grew tired of Caff's and Murph's and settled permantely into Heg's. Usually there 5-6 out of the 7 nights. Did some bouncing, dabbled behind the bar when necessary, never paid for much.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2014, 12:06:44 AM »
Once I actually turned 21, I grew tired of Caff's and Murph's and settled permantely into Heg's. Usually there 5-6 out of the 7 nights. Did some bouncing, dabbled behind the bar when necessary, never paid for much.

Interesting, Hegs was my pre-21 bar, my fake ID worked every time there.

Once 21 I spent most of my time on 3rd st and Water st, usually only hitting up campus to end the night or after class on a weekday. Although I only drank 3 or 4 nights a week.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:08:27 AM by Bleuteaux »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »
As a sophomore I resided in Mashuda with fellow Top 10 Scoop poster, TallTitan34. After supposedly alienating our third resident into moving out of our room at Winter Break, we had the triple sized room to ourselves that was completely altered into different levels and a mega bunk bed.

Is it true that air-drying mascot gear in close quarters is as offensive as air-drying hockey equipment?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2014, 03:09:09 PM »

Fact is we were both right. I mentioned it to my wife later that night and she agreed. She pointed out that a 200 pound male who bench presses 400 pounds male doesn't have the same fears as a 120 pound female who struggles with a box from Costco. 

Only 400??  ;)  I wish I could do that!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2014, 07:22:30 PM »
Is it true that air-drying mascot gear in close quarters is as offensive as air-drying hockey equipment?

We didn't keep the mascots in our dorm. We did keep then both in our apartment junior year since we were the only people doing it.

feedback