[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: William and Mary uses common sense approach  (Read 22651 times)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Re: William and Mary uses common sense approach
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 12:59:46 PM »
it would have to be a new Blueteaux costume as both of the old ones are in the University archives and are in now shape to be worn. They are in pretty poor condition so maybe when Sesame Street on Ice is in town, someone could talk them into letting MU borrow a Grover outfit.  :D

I actually think Cookie Monster bears a closer resemblance:

Grover is way too svelte to play Blueteaux:

Ludum habemus.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 01:20:17 PM »
Blueteaux looks like the aborted fetus that Cookie Monster and Grover would create.

DiUlio was brought in to shake things up and this was one of his battles.  He ended up picking too many of them, like his desire to divert Wisconsin Avenue, and pissed too many people off so he was let go.

Didn't DiUlio (for lack of a better word) suck? A few profs regarded him in a not so wonderful light. Kind of suggested he ran MU into the ground before Wild took over. Little fund raising, zero campus expansion. Thought I do think Closing down Wisc ave would have been tremendous. I'd still support that. Thoughts on DiUlio from the elder scoopers?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 01:22:45 PM »
For lack of a better word, sucked.  The way he approached whole nickname thing was indicative of how he approached everything.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 01:31:12 PM »
I wonder if there is anyone that could make a positive case for DiUlio. 

If it's out there, I'd really like to hear it.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2009, 01:36:42 PM »
I wonder if there is anyone that could make a positive case for DiUlio. 

If it's out there, I'd really like to hear it.

I'll try

He really knew how to spend a crapload of money on his own coronation as President.  He was good at that.

That's all I got

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 01:44:01 PM »
I'll try

He really knew how to spend a crapload of money on his own coronation as President.  He was good at that.

That's all I got

Ask some of the long-in-the-tooth profs about how he damn near bankrupted the faculty retirement fund with his grandiose vision
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 01:48:14 PM »
If all of his decisions were questionable and, eventually, dismissed...doesn't it make you wonder why we have to live with the most ridiculous of all? Golden Eagles? Are you freaking kidding me? It's still absolutely unfathomable to me.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 02:39:56 PM »
Blueteaux looks like the aborted fetus that Cookie Monster and Grover would create.
 Thought I do think Closing down Wisc ave would have been tremendous. I'd still support that.

Just curious, but why? I love having Wisconsin in the middle of campus. Makes it feel a lot more connected to downtown.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2009, 02:45:37 PM »
If all of his decisions were questionable and, eventually, dismissed...doesn't it make you wonder why we have to live with the most ridiculous of all? Golden Eagles? Are you freaking kidding me? It's still absolutely unfathomable to me.

Here's the million dollar question (just for fun):

Would you take back TC for another 15 years if MU changed the name back?

(obviously these 2 topics aren't related, but some people hate Crean and the nickname with such great passion).

Orrrr, what if MU went back to Warriors, but somehow TC received ALL of the credit. Could you live with that?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2009, 02:52:42 PM »
The first one is a good question. I would probably say yes. Although he's a very close second, there is absolutely nothing worse than our nickname. Nothing.

The second one is too out there. He'd never get credit for something everybody's been clamoring for...but he'd damn sure try.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 02:53:31 PM »
Just curious, but why? I love having Wisconsin in the middle of campus. Makes it feel a lot more connected to downtown.

It'll never happen now because of the buildup on campus west of 16th Street.  The idea was that WI Avenue would be diverted south to Clybourn and back up to Wisconsin Avenue east of campus.

DiUlio wasn't a good President.  However, it is not fair to say that Marquette's problems in that era were all due to him.  Toward the end of the Raynor era, there was problems with fund-raising and enrollment.  The University became a little too inbred.  It needed someone from the outside to give them new ideas.  DiUlio was just the wrong person for the job.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 03:16:13 PM »
The first one is a good question. I would probably say yes. Although he's a very close second, there is absolutely nothing worse than our nickname. Nothing.

The second one is too out there. He'd never get credit for something everybody's been clamoring for...but he'd damn sure try.

Fair enough.

Just trying to gauge the hatred.

1. GE's is #1
2. TC

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2009, 02:50:37 PM »

its one of the handful of pipe dreams i'd like to see MU undertake. I think that MU would have a more "campus" feel to it. plus students would have to play real life Frogger during passing time. I just find that wisconsin ave splits the campus in two, and if we didnt have to have the road there we shouldnt

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2009, 10:15:45 AM »
Here's the million dollar question (just for fun):

Would you take back TC for another 15 years if MU changed the name back?

(obviously these 2 topics aren't related, but some people hate Crean and the nickname with such great passion).

Orrrr, what if MU went back to Warriors, but somehow TC received ALL of the credit. Could you live with that?

Only the Tan One would take credit for getting the Warrior nickname back after foisting   " Gold " on us.

For the record 2002, I am not a TC hater.  My beef with him is he signs a 10 year contract, with all the protection that goes along with that, then skates after 2 years.  MU made a major commitment and he puked all over it.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2009, 10:59:51 AM »
Only the Tan One would take credit for getting the Warrior nickname back after foisting   " Gold " on us.

For the record 2002, I am not a TC hater.  My beef with him is he signs a 10 year contract, with all the protection that goes along with that, then skates after 2 years.  MU made a major commitment and he puked all over it.

No problem.

I don't want to appear as his constant apologist. The dude is not above criticism. MU committed to him, and he bailed.

That sucks.

We all know that.