[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Illinois  (Read 96833 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: Illinois
« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2020, 11:00:46 PM »
Illinois opening April 30th.

No way.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2020, 06:12:23 AM »

Maybe golf.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #252 on: April 23, 2020, 09:29:43 AM »
There is an antibody test to see if you have already had COVID-19 available to anyone who wants one in Chicago at Fullerton and Ashland. Out of pocket cost is $275.

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/lincoln-park-facility-among-the-first-to-offer-testing-for-coronavirus-antibodies/

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #253 on: April 23, 2020, 10:00:37 AM »
There is an antibody test to see if you have already had COVID-19 available to anyone who wants one in Chicago at Fullerton and Ashland. Out of pocket cost is $275.

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/lincoln-park-facility-among-the-first-to-offer-testing-for-coronavirus-antibodies/

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/04/22/colorado-antibody-testing-national-jewish/

$94 bucks in Denver!  You could probably fly to Denver on an empty flight for the fun of it.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2020, 01:05:20 PM »

Right now the rumor is Pritzker is going to extend stay at home until the end of May. He did say they were looking at adjustments and some of the changes might depend on geography.

Where did you get this crap from?

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2020, 02:38:39 PM »
You are the one who stated the rest  of the country would not like a bailout. All of a sudden now we all need to pull together and ignore the money aspect.

So confused. I guess we can at least agree that Illinois needs to get their house in order. I would love if a Fed bailout included a condition that IL had to have a balance budget and if we didn't like it no $$.

My comment was the rest of the country would not be happy about bailing out pension funds that were in severe distress long before COVID happened.  The distress is worsened by COVID, but it was there long before because of the decisions both sides made in this state for years.

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2020, 02:53:01 PM »
Pritzker just extended the stay-at-home order until May 30, but may be easing some restrictions (re-opening state parks, allowing retail stores to offer pickup and delivery, hospitals can resume elective procedues, among them).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 02:56:00 PM by Pakuni »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2020, 02:54:41 PM »
Adding a mask requirement that Lightfoot openly said she will not enforce. Interesting
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #258 on: April 23, 2020, 03:49:09 PM »
Adding a mask requirement that Lightfoot openly said she will not enforce. Interesting

Clearly wanting to be more like NYC with their Mayor vs Governor power struggle.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #259 on: April 23, 2020, 04:08:57 PM »
Golf courses reopening May 1.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #260 on: April 23, 2020, 04:13:28 PM »
A few weeks back we had a day of mid 70’s.  When temps start to warm up the push to reopen will get stronger in my view.  Waiting until Memorial Day will lead to a sizable portion of people ignoring the edict.  Anyone with twenty somethings can tell you they are ready to jump out windows.
— Plato

tower912

• All American
« Reply #261 on: April 23, 2020, 04:26:09 PM »
My 20 something is the lead therapist in a COVID recovery unit.   Too mentally frazzled to climb the walls.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #262 on: April 23, 2020, 04:29:45 PM »

As long as I can get a haircut soon like she did.  That is my first order of business.  Will barbers be open?
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2020, 04:33:15 PM »
My 20 something is the lead therapist in a COVID recovery unit.   Too mentally frazzled to climb the walls.

He or she is one of the heroes in all of this. 

— Plato

tower912

• All American
« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2020, 04:34:29 PM »
I am aware. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU11W

• Walk-On
« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2020, 04:38:20 PM »
As long as I can get a haircut soon like she did.  That is my first order of business.  Will barbers be open?

You seem to really care about her haircut, whereas most everyone else has moved along.  It obviously wasn't the best look, but really why do you care??  You still hung up on Obama's tan suit too??

If it's that important to you and it'll be your first order of business, why don't you just have a barber come to your house?  Where in the city are you? I'm sure there are some that are doing under the radar house calls.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #266 on: April 23, 2020, 04:43:28 PM »
Funeral home personnel doing lots of haircuts.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #267 on: April 23, 2020, 04:45:37 PM »

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #268 on: April 23, 2020, 04:57:24 PM »
I think the new order seems sensible and doable. Looking forward to social distancing on the links soon to at least get some morning walks in.

Here are the details of Pritzker’s new stay at home order, which goes into effect May 1:

OUTDOOR RECREATION: State parks will begin a phased re-opening under guidance from the Department of Natural Resources. Fishing and boating in groups of no more than two people will be permitted. A list of parks that will be open on May 1 and additional guidelines can be found on the Illinois Department of Natural Resources website. Golf will be permitted under strict safety guidelines provided by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) and when ensuring that social distancing is followed.

NEW ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES: Greenhouses, garden centers and nurseries may re-open as essential businesses. These stores must follow social distancing requirements and must require that employees and customers wear a face covering. Animal grooming services may also re-open.

NON-ESSENTIAL RETAIL: Retail stores not designated as non-essential businesses and operations may re-open to fulfill telephone and online orders through pick-up outside the store and delivery.

FACE COVERINGS: Beginning on May 1, individuals will be required to wear a face-covering or a mask when in a public place where they can’t maintain a six-foot social distance. Face-coverings will be required in public indoor spaces, such as stores. This new requirement applies to all individuals over the age of two who are able to medically tolerate a face-covering or a mask.

ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES AND MANUFACTURING: Essential businesses and manufacturers will be required to provide face-coverings to all employees who are not able to maintain six-feet of social distancing, as well as follow new requirements that maximize social distancing and prioritize the well-being of employees and customers. This will include occupancy limits for essential businesses and precautions such as staggering shifts and operating only essential lines for manufacturers.

SCHOOLS: Educational institutions may allow and establish procedures for pick-up of necessary supplies or student belongings. Dormitory move-outs must follow public health guidelines, including social distancing.

SURGERY CENTERS: The Illinois Department of Public Health will also be issuing guidance to surgi-centers and hospitals to allow for certain elective surgeries for non-life-threatening conditions, starting on May 1. Facilities will need to meet specific criteria, including proper PPE, ensuring enough overall space for COVID-19 patients remains available, and testing of elective surgery patients to ensure COVID-19 negative status.
But I like to throw handfuls...

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #269 on: April 23, 2020, 05:01:51 PM »
Thanks for the update Chili. A glimmer of hope at least.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #270 on: April 23, 2020, 05:06:02 PM »
Seems reasonable.   I expect the other Midwestern governors to have similar guidelines soon.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #271 on: April 23, 2020, 06:46:51 PM »
A few weeks back we had a day of mid 70’s.  When temps start to warm up the push to reopen will get stronger in my view.  Waiting until Memorial Day will lead to a sizable portion of people ignoring the edict.  Anyone with twenty somethings can tell you they are ready to jump out windows.

Could be the opposite.  Getting outside on a nice day is a great way to free up your mind and feel "social" by seeing all the other people outside.  I've had plenty of chats with people out on walks - at distances >6 ft - and it's not so awful.   I think when the weather is bad - people are more likely to go over to a friends house to visit.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #272 on: April 23, 2020, 06:54:54 PM »
Could be the opposite.  Getting outside on a nice day is a great way to free up your mind and feel "social" by seeing all the other people outside.  I've had plenty of chats with people out on walks - at distances >6 ft - and it's not so awful.   I think when the weather is bad - people are more likely to go over to a friends house to visit.

This. With nice weather I can play a yard game with friends from a distance or sit across the yard and still feel like we're having beers together. Inside will drive people mad with zoom happy hours etc.
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #273 on: April 23, 2020, 07:07:05 PM »

Except that there are no family reunions, no summer vacations, no festivals, no beach or lake time...most of the fun stuff you do in the summer, you do with other people. 
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #274 on: April 23, 2020, 07:26:54 PM »
Except that there are no family reunions, no summer vacations, no festivals, no beach or lake time...most of the fun stuff you do in the summer, you do with other people. 

Family reunions are fun?

feedback