[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Man Jewelry  (Read 11955 times)

Disco Hippie

• Scholarship Player
Man Jewelry
« on: October 05, 2016, 11:28:11 PM »
Been really getting into man jewelry lately.  Specifically bracelets and rings.  No chains or earrings ever though. I'll wear several bracelets and a ring simultaneously sometimes like this getup and I rocked today.
Badass or total jackass?

reinko

• All American
Re: Man Jewelry
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 05:27:50 AM »
Been really getting into man jewelry lately.  Specifically bracelets and rings.  No chains or earrings ever though. I'll wear several bracelets and a ring simultaneously sometimes like this getup and I rocked today.
Badass or total jackass?

You Liberace's kid?   If so,  rock it.   If not,  yumma humma.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 06:59:47 AM »
A watch, a wedding ring  (when applicable ) and one other piece of jewelry.  That is all you get to wear as a man before you get the side eye  from me.

The.two exceptions:

1. If you are a hip hop artist, wear all the bling you want.

2. If you have some sort of legit championship ring, you are allowed one additional piece. But only if you actually earned the ring and didn't buy it from a pawn shop or win it in a poker game.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 07:38:31 AM »
A watch, a wedding ring  (when applicable ) and one other piece of jewelry.  That is all you get to wear as a man before you get the side eye  from me.

The.two exceptions:

2. If you have some sort of legit championship ring, you are allowed one additional piece. But only if you actually earned the ring and didn't buy it from a pawn shop or win it in a poker game.

Does a fitness tracker count as "jewerly" in this construct?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 07:39:56 AM »
I wear no jewelry, watches, etc. nothing. Don't understand why a man would have a bracelet other than a Fitness tracker on

ZFB wants to know if his cack ring his friend George bought him counts
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 08:04:35 AM »
Does a fitness tracker count as "jewerly" in this construct?

A fitness tracker is neither jewelry or "jewerly".  However, I would avoid wearing a bracelet on that arm. It would clash.
Have some patience, FFS.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 08:04:54 AM »

The.two exceptions:

The chick has spoken. Lose the accessories.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 08:12:04 AM »
And here are my rules about wedding rings:

1.  If you expect your wife to wear one, you need to wear one.
2.  If you can't wear it at work due to safety reasons (e.g., an ironworker or a NFL lineman), you need to put it on as soon as you get off work.  I will allow "as soon as you get home from work" for practical reasons.
3.  Married guys who don't wear a wedding ring, but wear other rings, are by definition the worst sort of douchebags.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 08:17:31 AM »

2.  If you can't wear it at work due to safety reasons (e.g., an ironworker or a NFL lineman), you need to put it on as soon as you get off work.  I will allow "as soon as you get home from work" for practical reasons.
3.  Married guys who don't wear a wedding ring, but wear other rings, are by definition the worst sort of douchebags.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 08:36:09 AM »
Road ID (medic alert-type band) on one wrist, watch on the other.  Neither nice enough to be considered "jewelry."

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 08:53:25 AM »
Also, unless you're our Lord & Savior, a guy should not be wearing sandals ever.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 08:57:23 AM »
Also, unless you're our Lord & Savior, a guy should not be wearing sandals ever.

Flip flops OK when I take the dog out in the morning?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 09:08:15 AM »
Flip flops OK when I take the dog out in the morning?

Acceptable. "Sport sandals" for a public shower (nh) or in b/w bball games is OK. Some burlap crap is never OK unless you're J.C. or actively do men

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 09:09:28 AM »
And here are my rules

Is it OK if I do not feel that I am subject to your rules?
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 09:24:51 AM »
I have lived in your cold Keillor country and readily understand why Minnesotans have little use for sandals.

Sandals arent my taste even living here.... but in Houston summer heat,... a casually dressed man wearing sandals is ubiquitous

The OP displayed his personal  jewelry...but why post about it here? This isnt facebook or pinterest where we will like or pin our approval.

OP: If you like it wear it. God bless, enjoy. Please don't let the tastes/judgments of others overrule what you  like.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 09:33:04 AM »

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/215875/the-wedding-rings-the-thing-silicone-bands-growing-trend-in-nfl

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 09:34:51 AM »

Wildly disagree, wear my Adidas sandals all the time in the summer. Also have a "classy" sandal for nicer summer attire. My wife approved all of it and she's a very classy person(despite her terrible taste in men) so I'm going to assume it's cool

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 09:35:39 AM »
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/215875/the-wedding-rings-the-thing-silicone-bands-growing-trend-in-nfl

My wife wears one when we play sports, she tried talking me into it but I wear no jewelry when I play sports regardless of material.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 09:48:53 AM »

The.two exceptions:

Dog tags?

Death on call

chapman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 10:00:13 AM »
I wear no jewelry, watches, etc. nothing. Don't understand why a man would have a bracelet other than a Fitness tracker on

+1

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 10:00:36 AM »
Sacar should wear as much jewelry as possible so he's easy to spot; and with the added benefit of metal rattling, you'll be able to find him easier. 

Though clearly not in games.  Still needs to be the secret weapon.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 10:19:25 AM »
Dog tags?

Is any kind of jewelry other than a wedding band acceptable under the dress code?
Have some patience, FFS.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »
Just the one dagger, Kid Smooth?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2016, 10:43:06 AM »
Is it OK if I do not feel that I am subject to your rules?

Nope, they are my rules and not necessarily anyone else's.  But to satisfy my curiosity, what part do you not agree with?
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2016, 12:22:41 PM »
Sandals rule.   I live in my Teva's  7 months out of the year.      Jewelry-wise, I meet chick's criteria.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.