collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: How many coaches?.....  (Read 11849 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: How many coaches?.....
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 04:43:52 PM »
What should he have done? Kick him off the team? Suspend him for a season?

Tell us for the record what you think a good high character coach should do? If he made the wrong decision, what's the right one?

I guess I understand your perspective but the judgmental vitriol you are spewing, without any inside knowledge of the situation, is over the top. There are fans of other schools that use this same language to describe our coach. I think they are completely off base, but just like you they cherry pick some unsavory events and make a logical leap to justify painting Buzz with the same slimeball brush.

BTW, I think you missed the point of my last thread.

I'm not going to decide whether Crean is in the wrong here or not, but what "inside knowledge of the situation" does one need when the kid was driving a car while being intoxicated to the point of being nearly 2 times the legal limit?  Under no circumstances is that okay.  That is incredibly serious and he is very lucky it did not lead to something way more serious (the serious injury or death of someone else or himself).  In this case, I don't think "inside knowledge of the situation" is needed to come up with an opinion of your own on the situation.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 04:57:12 PM »
How come I was able to take a stab in the dark on Crean and come up with the right answer?

This is MUSCOOP; you should be surprised if a thread is started about anyone other than Crean.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:01:40 PM by WI_inferiority_complexes »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 05:08:49 PM »

You are then corrected with the facts, and you response is like a 15 year old boy talking about reach arounds. 

If you are having trouble reading this, I'll write in a language you can understand based on your other inputs.

Nun

Who r you implieing did?  I could not tell with the 3rd grade spelling you used above.

I read recently of an adult payer (ovr the age of 21) that was arested for a mesdeamor DUI who was supended indifinitly and missed 2 games, would have mised 3 but one was cancelled.  Instaed played in what should have been his 4th game for 2 minuts. 

Not sure if that is who you were refarancing.

River Rat, the first to question someone's facts.  LOL

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 05:16:27 PM »
Umm my original claim was dead on... What lack of character slimeball brings a kid back after getting pulled over at twice the limit at 4 am?? It grabbed national discussion!

Grabbed national attention....so did two sexual assault accusations.  So did a bunch of MU players underage at a club serving alcohol and fighting  http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7784847/six-marquette-golden-eagles-players-were-fight-club-police-report-says.  So on and so forth. 

Your original claim was not dead on, it included incorrect facts...it couldn't have been more dead wrong.

Now let's get at the root of it all. No one condones drinking while driving...no one.  Why don't you tell us what the proper punishment should have been?  Then, if you will, tell us what the punishments should be for say, punching your girlfriend.  Or, punching a student as a player.  How about underage drinking.  Sexual assault.  Driving under the influence.  Etc.  That way we can have a handbook available, since all of these things have happened to MU players some recently and some further in the past.   

What's missing for these punishments by MU or IU or whomever ..... what else is going on?  What other treatment or punishment are they going through....information none of us is privy too. 

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 10:24:33 PM »
You cant claim buzz is shady and then over look your boyfriend.  Can you wax poetic again about mu's failures when we had 3 all americans.  Your trolling about all of mu's downfalls is pathetic n a true reflection on your character.  Again you had a whole thread on how mu failed with 3 burger boys please expound....

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 12:16:59 AM »
Trolling?  You clearly don't understand the word.  Starting a thread like you did with this one, is a trolling thread.

Using incorrect information just adds to it.   You were wrong in this thread with your information.  Wrong about the McD's information.  Wrong about business owner.  You've made quite a comeback.  Pat yourself on the back.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 11:18:11 AM »
You still have not explained why you claimed that Mu missed the tourney with 3 mcdonalds all americans when that was never the case?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2014, 01:34:54 AM »
You still have not explained why you claimed that Mu missed the tourney with 3 mcdonalds all americans when that was never the case?

Holy smokes.  First off, I never said they missed the tournament.  Please..R E A D.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=39824.msg574804#msg574804

Second, I said having McD's All-Americans doesn't guarantee success and I gave MU as an example.

Finally, yes, I did explain quite clearly that the success wasn't there...one NCAA tournament win while we had these guys.  In some years we had 2, in some years only one, but in total those three McD's All-Americans produced 1 NCAA tournament win.   In fact, other posters also explained it for you as well.  I'm not sure what you aren't processing.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:36:40 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2014, 04:25:13 PM »
Cowards insinuate n then back off

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 04:39:41 PM »

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 07:08:55 PM »
Cowards insinuate n then back off

You've outdone yourself.  Start a thread with falsehoods...flat out wrong facts which you have been called out on repeatedly, and then you finish it in this fashion.

Bravo

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 07:18:07 PM »
I hope this thread doesnt get locked....it is quite amusing!

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 08:18:53 PM »
Should be a great walleye run this spring.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 08:22:14 PM »
Should be a great walleye run this spring.

I'm worried we will still have ice for our opener in May.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2014, 08:59:17 PM »
Where u live?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2014, 09:38:33 PM »
Where u live?

Minnesota.  Fish WI and Ontario too.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2014, 10:13:28 PM »
Oh nice, i hit spooner area each year n usually a bwca trip.  Also will hit ashland n sturgeon bay this summer for bronze backs

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2014, 04:10:39 AM »
Oh nice, i hit spooner area each year n usually a bwca trip.  Also will hit ashland n sturgeon bay this summer for bronze backs

I know the area well. 

At our cabin, we catch 4-5 pound smallies by accident on lindey rigs going after Waldo.  We are 45 min north of Spooner.

In spooner, I have access to a lake with monster bluegills.  My favorite fish.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2014, 07:43:03 AM »
Wonder what "he has done everything we've asked him to" means?

"Yes, for the past several days he has not gotten blitzed and hopped in a car... he's gone to class and came to practice. We are so thankful."
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2014, 01:23:37 PM »
I know the area well. 

At our cabin, we catch 4-5 pound smallies by accident on lindey rigs going after Waldo.  We are 45 min north of Spooner.

In spooner, I have access to a lake with monster bluegills.  My favorite fish.

Care to share any spots in the spooner area?  I have been going for tge last three years, but the cabin i go to has a boat so we r restricted to that lake.  Good pike, crappie n LMB fishing but i am gonna take my boat this year and have no clue where to go
Any help would be much appreciated

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2014, 04:55:16 PM »
Standard reply from coaches of kids suspended.....I guess the wondering is out there often.   ;)

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/2013/12/14/notre-dame-coach-welcomes-back-golson/4025327/

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/gators-set-return-suspended-wilbekin-192106345--ncaab.html

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24024000/justin-blackmon-set-to-return-after-4game-suspension

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/32175/suspension-served-c-j-wilson-ready-to-return-for-wolfpack/

http://nypost.com/2013/04/28/j-r-s-suspension-complicates-knicks-sweep/

You always deflect questions with a "two wrongs make a right".

Every situation is different in life.

In the case of Hanner, what do you think it means? I think what you're saying is that Crean's comments are a bunch of b.s. because he has to say something. Is that accurate?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2014, 07:05:52 PM »
Haha
I guess there is no better way to kill a thread than to ask a fella for fishing intel.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2014, 07:27:25 PM »
Haha
I guess there is no better way to kill a thread than to ask a fella for fishing intel.

Ha.

The lake I know best in Spooner has only private access.  Small lake with amazing bluegills and tons of bucket mouths.

You should consider sliding to the east and Hayward.  World class mewskieloongers.  Many lakes in the area with good smallies too.  A good lake try is Lac Coutre Ourielles.  Phipps in Hayward is a noteworthy establishment.

If you have pair of waders, the Brule river is a world class destination.  Many easy spots to walk in.  Also easy to rent a canoe.  Start at Stones Bridge and go to either the Winnibijou Wagon Bridge, or even up to hwy 2.  The scenery on the Brule is unforgettable.

For bit of nostalgia, pick up a couple of books by Gordom MacQuarrie.  Before he wrote for the Journal, he wrote for the Superior Telegram.  He was also a Superior native. He writes a lot about fly fishing the area for not only trout, but smallies too.

Lake St. Croix in Solon Springs is a productive fishery. Big body of water....headwaters of the St. Croix river.  

Also, downstream from the Gordon dam, many fish smallies from canoes.  Very productive body of water.

The St. Louis River will offer you everything from huge Walleyes, to Muskies to great smallies.  If you hit the river early in the season, you can have a shot at multiple wall hanger walleyes.

On our lake, I love fishing in the pre dawn in the summer casting plastics into the shore.  Have caught a number of big smallies that way.  Just got to get my a$$ out of bed by 4 am to do it right.  
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:07:44 PM by real chili 83 »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2014, 07:58:52 PM »
Haha

What time of year will you be there?  Early season, hit the St. Louis River.

Also, keep an eye on lake Superior.  There is great early season top water action right outside the port of Superior.  Great multi species for lakers, coho, steelhead, and big ass walleyes.  The guides don't like to talk about how big the walleyes are to keep the crowds down and the big one for the their clients.  

PM me when you are coming up.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:06:22 PM by real chili 83 »