[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Dominic James  (Read 12031 times)

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
Re: Dominic James
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 03:07:37 PM »
December of 2009 from MU. The "big" 3 had talent, but didn't win $hit. They were choke artists.

No way this guy graduated from MU.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 03:27:42 PM »
A troll, really? Sorry boss, but you have no idea what you're talking about. I, like many, have spent more of my own money on tuition than I would like to think about. Also, I have held season tickets since 04' and have been steadily going to games since 2000. I apologize that I want my team to win. I don't think that with the amount of money the school spends on the program, the practice facilities, and the money the coaches were paid that MU should have been that bad. Also, I was harping on previous years. I love how things are now, but with "the big 3," MU was a joke. Being a top 5 team in the big east and not doing anything is like being the prettiest girl in fat camp... it doesn't count. So why don't you stop questioning me and question how those guys did. Blind faith in a team is reserved for Cubs fans... and I don't want to start on them.

Yeah, well I went to school during the Dukiet years.  It is incredibly fortunately that MU is where it is now.  We could be Loyola or Detroit Mercy.

So while I wish they could have accomplished more, I was happy as a fan during their tenure because I have seen the dark side...

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 03:30:32 PM »
Why don't you think that I went to MU? Becasue I have independent thoughts? Becasue I can think outside the box? Ok, they were great kids, they had talent, and yes, they did not have much size. However, you cannot say that they didn't underachieve. Also, how could you say that they were a team in transition? Since their freshman year, they all logged incredible minutes (which is why they are the scoring leaders.) And the ywere choke artists, how long until they scored their first points against Michigan State. And who remembers Lazar stepping over the line and Jerel not even hitting rim. They really came through in the clutch there...
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2011, 03:41:26 PM »
I honestly don't mind your contrarian opinions, but do you really think you are "thinking outside the box?" 

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »
You, sir (and I use that term very lightly), are not a true fan. Go find another team to "support". Douche.

Hamostradamus

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2011, 03:58:34 PM »
Why don't you think that I went to MU? Becasue I have independent thoughts? Becasue I can think outside the box? Ok, they were great kids, they had talent, and yes, they did not have much size. However, you cannot say that they didn't underachieve. Also, how could you say that they were a team in transition? Since their freshman year, they all logged incredible minutes (which is why they are the scoring leaders.) And the ywere choke artists, how long until they scored their first points against Michigan State. And who remembers Lazar stepping over the line and Jerel not even hitting rim. They really came through in the clutch there...

I am much like you. I graduated from UW, and love Bucky. I think Bo sucks and we underperform every year, and that Bo should be fired. I can say this because I am a UW alum and fan ("Varsity..Varsity..."). Bo's bottom of the barrel coaching upsets me, because my school (Go Badgers!) deserve much better than the crappy coach and program I am saddled with. (Yea Wisconsin!) And not being a troll makes me all the more genuine about my crappy Badger basketball team (Teach me to Bucky! Yay!)
"ESPN -- is the one who told us what to do." - Boston College athletic director Gene DeFilippo

leever

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2011, 04:11:43 PM »
I enjoyed this topic much more when it was about the mall and Dom James and Sbarro!

It's just sad that a "fan" could have that low an opinion of 3 Amigos and their run. 

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2011, 04:22:53 PM »
"You, sir (and I use that term very lightly), are not a true fan. Go find another team to "support". Douche."

Ok guy. Yeah, you know me and my loyalty becasue of a few posts on a message board. And why do you have the word support in quotes? I spend my hard earned money on them. I go to as many games as my schedule allows and all the while hope with all of my being that they win those games ad have done so for nearly a decade. I'm sorry if I don't paint my face or wait in line to get on TV for ESPN's college gameday. I love this school and most everything it stands for. You have no fu**ing clue what I had to go through to go to Marquette, let alone graduate. I call it as I see it, and I saw an underachieving team that could, and should, have done so much more. One of the most upsetting things I have ever seen in my life was earlier in the year when we blew a 17 point lead against Louisville. I shattered a glass against the ground. Personally, I do not think having good kids and sportsmanship is enough. You are correct, I was not around in the 80's. And I'm sure that the reason that we didn't do that well is becasue we didn't have the talent. When the "Big 3" were here, we had the talent and did absolutely nothing with it. I would be ok if we were overmatched, and that is why I wasn't overly upset with the outcome of the NC game in the Sweet 16 this year. So, if they have the talent, chemistry, and experience to go far and yet did nothing. There is no excuse... except that they choked. That is my honest opinion. This is the reason I don't have 400 posts. I'm there nearly every game cheering, I don't need to hide behind some screen name on a message board to show my "loyalty." So, get off your pedestal, take off your blinders, and trying coming up with your own opinions. Oh, and you referred to me as a douche... nice. Go back to Wrigleyville, you high-fiving, collar-popping poser of a college basketball fan.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »
He could be the columnist from MU Tribune that predicted how bad the team was going to perform a few years back. He was wrong of course but I do like him ripping Cub fans.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2011, 04:38:14 PM »
I'm not going to question your fanhood.  You seem a little negative and a tad angry however.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 04:42:01 PM »
<--- Born and raised in inner city Milwaukee, so I've never popped a collar in my life. One of 4 kids to graduate from Marquette. So Wrigleyville doesn't really fit. Douche.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2011, 04:46:22 PM »
What makes me a douche? Is it because I'm a thirty five year old man from inner city Milwaukee who is one of four to graduate from MU all while using the same insults as a fifth grader? Oh, wait...

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2011, 04:53:29 PM »
 "I shattered a glass against the ground."

You must have beeen very angry to do that.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 04:54:05 PM »
You got it, Sunshine.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 04:56:04 PM »
Oh, BTW. Now that the "Three Amigos", Lazar, Acker, and David are gone, look what happens... Boom! Sweet 16. Those guys, while talented, were underachievig chokers. You can go ahead and try to insult me all you want. You're trying to divert the fact that people might think that I make sense. Schoolyard names and crappy posts won't change the fact tha tthey had disappointing seasons. Look for big things now that the LOSERS that Crean recruited are gone. This is Buzz's team, and if he gets these guys to buy into him, we're going to be a force.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »
What makes me a douche? Is it because I'm a thirty five year old man from inner city Milwaukee who is one of four to graduate from MU all while using the same insults as a fifth grader? Oh, wait...

I think shattering a glass as a 35 yr. old man over a basketball game is a douchey thing to do.

Also, why are you so convinced that the big three should have taken us to elite 8s or final 4s?  Maybe you had an expectation issue?  They were all good and at times very good college bball players.  And also two of the 4 years they went to the NCAA they had injuries to DJ and 'Rel, and another they were a fluke layup from the sweet sixteen against a team with 2 7 ft NBA 1st rounders.

But all just excuses right??

But alas you will call these excuses

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »
Oh, BTW. Now that the "Three Amigos", Lazar, Acker, and David are gone, look what happens... Boom! Sweet 16. Those guys, while talented, were underachievig chokers

If you honestly think the team led by Lazar, Mo, and Cubi as seniors were "underachieving chokers," I'll go ahead and add "idiot" to the rest of what has been said.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2011, 05:08:15 PM »
I am not 35 years old. The creep with the macho man picture is (check his profile). Reinko, you do make some valid arguements... but the truth of it is that there are two NBA players from those teams (not including my man Steve). Jerel still may make it some day. Why did last years team, who "weren't chokers" blow a fifteen point lead against washington? I'm a realist. And no, I didn't expect them to make the final four every year... but a sweet sixteen would have been nice.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2011, 05:36:53 PM »
I am not 35 years old. The creep with the macho man picture is (check his profile). Reinko, you do make some valid arguements... but the truth of it is that there are two NBA players from those teams (not including my man Steve). Jerel still may make it some day. Why did last years team, who "weren't chokers" blow a fifteen point lead against washington? I'm a realist. And no, I didn't expect them to make the final four every year... but a sweet sixteen would have been nice.

Jerel won't make the league. He's a choker.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2011, 05:44:48 PM »
I think we need to switch to a Beer Thread. preferably one with unshatterable cans.

JimmyB!

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2011, 05:52:08 PM »
Just found the first thread he contributed to.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=25079.msg279482#msg279482

Great looking track record.

In other news, LOL @ this guy ordering vodka sparkling waters at the bar.

I say vodka and sparkling water.  Is that the same thing?

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2011, 07:57:58 PM »
Rapunzel,
Should I blame  Dominic(the baller), Mayfair(the maller), or Sbarro (the meatballer) for awakening you from your  posting slumber in this verbose, foul mood? lol

I am not calling you a douche, as a douche is useful. They clean where I like to go.

Your postings remind me more of the glass you broke..not real useful, and needing to be cleaned up, before someone is hurt.

Here's wishing you a more peaceful, quiet evening, ...as every MU fan is appreciated, here....you,too.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:01:51 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

UpNorthEagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2011, 09:51:45 PM »
a sweet sixteen would have been nice.

That sums up the hope of just about every team. 

Of course a sweet sixteen is nice, but it shouldn't be expected.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2011, 10:28:42 PM »
This is the reason I don't have 400 posts. I'm there nearly every game cheering, I don't need to hide behind some screen name on a message board to show my "loyalty." So, get off your pedestal, take off your blinders, and trying coming up with your own opinions. Oh, and you referred to me as a douche... nice. Go back to Wrigleyville, you high-fiving, collar-popping poser of a college basketball fan.

Umm...do you realize that many of us here are also at every game cheering? I think almost everyone that lives in the greater Milwaukee area on this site is a season ticket holder. We are at every game cheering and still find time to discuss the game on this site after its done. That doesn't make us better or worse fans, and I don't mean to diminish your fandom by not having posted, but you're not better than anyone here because you go to games. So do we.

And you aren't hiding behind a screen name? So your mom named you BRMU23? Wow. That's...interesting. And here I thought I had seen some crazy names working in a hospital...

You can go ahead and try to insult me all you want. You're trying to divert the fact that people might think that I make sense.

Pretty sure that's not the case...
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback