[Today at 11:23:04 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Michigan  (Read 60773 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Michigan
« Reply #250 on: October 08, 2020, 11:35:11 AM »
Homeland security has said that right wing militias/white supremacists groups are the biggest terrorist threat.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #251 on: October 08, 2020, 11:40:44 AM »
Homeland security has said that right wing militias/white supremacists groups are the biggest terrorist threat.

Luckily they were told to stand by.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #252 on: October 08, 2020, 11:52:05 AM »
I'm hopeful that this is a "dying loudly" type of situation rather than the resurgance it seems to be.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #253 on: October 08, 2020, 12:52:48 PM »

And I am suddenly flashing back to those whackadoodles with the AR-15's protesting at and inside the capitol.   

Watching the nuts when they were armed inside the state House, I told my wife I was surprised they didn’t try to take over and hold hostages.

It was just a throw away line as I wasn’t being serious, but it’s time to re-evaluate.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #254 on: October 08, 2020, 12:54:36 PM »
Domestic terrorism plot foiled by the G-Men

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #255 on: October 08, 2020, 01:02:30 PM »
I'm hopeful that this is a "dying loudly" type of situation rather than the resurgance it seems to be.

Since this is not a unique phenomenon globally, I bet it’s the latter. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #256 on: October 08, 2020, 01:29:14 PM »
Some points from the joint press conference with the Michigan AG, the federal prosecutors from the east and west districts of Michigan, and the FBI agent in charge:

-  They had staked out the governor's summer residence.
-  They planned to blow up a bridge to delay the law enforcement response.
-  The informant went to the FBI because they were planning to harm/kill law enforcement officers.
-  They had purchased the bomb supplies and a really big taser.
-  Their underlying fear was having to wear masks and that their guns might be taken away. 
-  They were going to kidnap Big Gretch and take her to Wisconsin where she would be tried for treason.   

Now, Wisconsinites, where in the holy fk would they want to go in Wisconsin to attempt to try her for treason?

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #257 on: October 08, 2020, 01:35:39 PM »
Some points from the joint press conference with the Michigan AG, the federal prosecutors from the east and west districts of Michigan, and the FBI agent in charge:

-  The informant went to the FBI because they were planning to harm/kill law enforcement officers.
-  Their underlying fear was having to wear masks and that their guns might be taken away. 
-  They were going to kidnap Big Gretch and take her to Wisconsin where she would be tried for treason.   

Now, Wisconsinites, where in the holy fk would they want to go in Wisconsin to attempt to try her for treason?

The brainwashing of Americans happens every day.  These guys aren't rational people. 

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #258 on: October 08, 2020, 01:38:22 PM »

They were awaiting instructions from Robin Vos.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #259 on: October 08, 2020, 01:39:32 PM »
Luckily they were told to stand by.

Standing back and standing by.   
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 02:52:43 PM by tower912 »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #260 on: October 08, 2020, 01:42:57 PM »

Jockey beat me to the punchline.     Dammit.   

Except I don’t put my sarcasm in teal.  :)

Maybe that’s why people get pissed :'(

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #261 on: October 08, 2020, 01:44:04 PM »

My wife's family owns land in Marinette County.  There's a "compound" just down the road.  I'm sure it's not the only one.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #262 on: October 08, 2020, 01:51:02 PM »
This post is not sarcasm.

Trump needs to be held accountable by the media and the American people now. Today.

He has attacked the governor by name over and over. He has winked to these militias and told them to stand by. He has culpability here and needs to be called out. Now.

But as usual, r’s will keep quiet and D’s will be accused of being partisans.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #263 on: October 08, 2020, 02:11:01 PM »

Trump needs to be held accountable by the media and the American people now. Today.

He has attacked the governor by name over and over. He has winked to these militias and told them to stand by. He has culpability here and needs to be called out. Now.

Agreed...but it isn't gonna happen. America has been divided for a long time, but lately we seem to hit new lows every day.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #264 on: October 08, 2020, 03:05:12 PM »
In COVID news, Michigan's rolling daily average now at the highest it has been in 5 months.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #265 on: October 08, 2020, 03:15:32 PM »

My wife's family owns land in Marinette County.  There's a "compound" just down the road.  I'm sure it's not the only one.

hell no, they're all over! Northern MI is insane right wing anti-government country.  On my way Up North a few years ago we stopped at a gas station outside of Mt. Pleasant and I immediately saw Confederate Flag plates and flags flying. More Michiganders died in the Civil War than any other state and there's a huge confederate pride following there. My old middle and high school banned confederate flags on campus and the local tattoo parlor was offering free stars and bars tattoos so everyone could express their pride. In what, exactly??

you are almost right. The R's have spoken about it and, of course, the party of personal responsibility is blaming...Governor Whitmer. Jason Miller, Sr. Advisor to the Trump campaign and deadbeat dad on Fox today:

"If we want to talk about hatred, then Gov. Whitmer, go look in the mirror -- the fact that she wakes up everyday with such hatred in her heart for President Trump."

these people can seriously fornicate themselves with an iron stick.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #266 on: October 08, 2020, 03:19:40 PM »
At least he didn’t call her “that monster”.

Buckle up dudes and dudettes!

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #267 on: October 08, 2020, 03:28:24 PM »
In COVID news, Michigan's rolling daily average now at the highest it has been in 5 months.

I think this is true in most places that crushed their spring spikes. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #268 on: October 08, 2020, 03:28:35 PM »
I've said this before .. I am utterly shocked the country doesn't have a frequency of assassinations.

We've got plenty of unstable people, plenty of hatred, acrimony, division, political powerlessness, and more guns and ammo than in human history.

I can only think that Netflix is keeping the nutjobs placated with Seinfeld reruns or something, because nothing else makes sense -- surely not a strong common bond to humanity or decency.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #269 on: October 08, 2020, 03:37:50 PM »
I've said this before .. I am utterly shocked the country doesn't have a frequency of assassinations.

We've got plenty of unstable people, plenty of hatred, acrimony, division, political powerlessness, and more guns and ammo than in human history.

I can only think that Netflix is keeping the nutjobs placated with Seinfeld reruns or something, because nothing else makes sense -- surely not a strong common bond to humanity or decency.

How do these things get started? how do they continue?

Ask and you shall receive, right on time. Attacking the victim of a terrorist kidnapping plot? I have that for you right here:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1314282762271158275?s=19

Every study says the biggest teror threat to Americans is right wing domestic terrorism.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 03:44:17 PM by shoothoops »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #270 on: October 08, 2020, 03:51:38 PM »

Netflix took Seinfeld off, so maybe that's why they're angry.

Though they would probably never watch Seinfeld since Jerry (character and real life) is Jewish.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #271 on: October 08, 2020, 03:57:49 PM »
Netflix took Seinfeld off, so maybe that's why they're angry.

Though they would probably never watch Seinfeld since Jerry (character and real life) is Jewish.

How dare you? Their leader's son in law and daughter are Jewish!
Maigh Eo for Sam

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #272 on: October 08, 2020, 04:01:26 PM »

Um, Arby's anyone?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #273 on: October 08, 2020, 04:28:26 PM »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #274 on: October 08, 2020, 04:41:15 PM »
How do these things get started? how do they continue?

Ask and you shall receive, right on time. Attacking the victim of a terrorist kidnapping plot? I have that for you right here:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1314282762271158275?s=19

He only says what he is sent out to say. They are not upset by these kind of things - kidnapping plan - they actively encourage them.

feedback