collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tough Guy Keefe/Mazos  (Read 20879 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Tough Guy Keefe/Mazos
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2021, 05:06:15 PM »
This is the mod's fault for not taking action on bad actors. I just can't decide if it's more Rocky's fault or Hilltopper's fault.

In order to right this wrong I would like to be made moderator. I can promise you the following:

1. I will rule with an iron fist
2. I will contact EVERYONE's bosses, quarterly, with a rundown of their MUScoop habits. If you're a sole proprietor, I'll contact your licensing board. If no licensing board, I will contact your mother/wife.
3. Everyone will receive a birthday present annually, paid for by MUScoop's ample treasury
4. The COVID board will be renamed the Perpetual Pandemic board because we all know that's where we're headed
5. No basketball discussion until November. If you're seen worshiping a student-athlete you will be permabanned
6. The board will be put into read-only mode for 12 hours after every loss

Make Scoop Great AgainTM*

* Official merchandise available soon

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2021, 05:07:11 PM »

6. The board will be put into read-only mode for 12 hours after every loss

Sarcasm aside, that would make the board a better place.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2021, 05:07:15 PM »
Mods - how does this behavior not result in a lifetime ban?

Listen, we're working on how to handle this.  Bans may happen, but their worthless to prevent this from happening again.  A new email and a VPN and you can get back up & running again.  Keefe knows all about this, he's created at least 20 IDs on the site, maybe more.  All because we banned him a few times, he got angry and wanted to prove a point.

But even if we could ban someone "permanently", we can't stop them from being pretty boys on the internet completely.

You'll just have to trust we'll handle this to the best of our ability.

To those that know and like Keefe, please try to talk some sense into him. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 05:10:39 PM by rocky_warrior »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2021, 05:13:07 PM »
Listen, we're working on how to handle this.  Bans may happen, but their worthless to prevent this from happening again.  A new email and a VPN and you can get back up & running again.  Keefe knows all about this, he's created at least 20 IDs on the site, maybe more.  All because we banned him a few times, he got angry and wanted to prove a point.

But even if we could ban someone "permanently", we can't stop them from being pretty boys on the internet completely.

Thanks for the explanation. All I was asking for.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2021, 05:14:24 PM »

You guys do a great job.  It isn’t easy
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2021, 05:33:52 PM »

I want to stress this.  If anyone out there has his number, give him a call and ask him to explain himself and to knock it the hell off.   

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2021, 05:45:34 PM »
I can confirm that BLM is not the only poster whose boss was "contacted" in this manner. 

Seriously? Are you able to disclose how many people this guy contacted?

Lenny, Goose? Seriously you two have seemed like rational people please tell me you can shed some light on this
Maigh Eo for Sam

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2021, 05:49:44 PM »
This....is....messed up.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2021, 05:50:41 PM »
You guys do a great job.  It isn’t easy

+1,000,000

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2021, 05:57:04 PM »
I want to stress this.  If anyone out there has his number, give him a call and ask him to explain himself and to knock it the hell off.   

I’m not a Meat EaterTM but I’ve been friendly with Crash for a number of years.  And despite all the bluster and silly board feuds, my interactions with him offline have beeen wonderful and he’s been exceedingly generous and helpful various times over the years.  I very nearly transitioned to a fantastic new job resulting in a life changing cross country move that I would never even had been in position for without contacts and resources he thoughtfully provided me with, without having ever met in person at that time.

That being said, this is a terrible look and pretty out of character, so I’ll reach out, cause damn

Goose

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2021, 06:14:01 PM »
Myself, and several others, text with Keefe every day and I have zero idea if he sent the email or not. IMO, he is a grown man and does not need intervention from me any more than the fxxk heads that get threads locked down threads on regular basis.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2021, 06:17:10 PM »
Myself, and several others, text with Keefe every day and I have zero idea if he sent the email or not. IMO, he is a grown man and does not need intervention from me any more than the fxxk heads that get threads locked down threads on regular basis.
Because posting something that gets a thread locked is equivalent to a malicious attempt to get someone fired.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2021, 06:23:47 PM »
TSmith

Hopefully we are all grown adults and can make decisions for ourselves. Keefe has been a very good friend to me over the years and I appreciate that. If he sent the email, then scoop can make the call. Again, I have no idea if he sent email or not and not my job to play detective.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2021, 06:24:10 PM »

Vouch for that goose. I’ve spoken to him many times and I honestly have no idea if he did what he is reportedly to have done  wags is right on with the true character of the man
don't...don't don't don't don't

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2021, 06:29:15 PM »

To each their own but when I'm an a$$ I usually count on my friends to call me an a$$ so that I can realize I'm being as such.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2021, 06:35:20 PM »
To each their own but when I'm an a$$ I usually count on my friends to call me an a$$ so that I can realize I'm being as such.

Exactly. That is why I commend Wags for his reply.

BTW, I usually don’t need to wait for my friends to do this. My wife will let me know when I am being a fool, for which I am thankful. It has saved me from further conflict numerous times.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2021, 06:36:43 PM »
the true character of the man

But what is that?

Listen, I know some here think I'm just a clown, but here's what I can say with certainty in this case:
1) The email address used to send info to employers is registered to the "Mazos" user
2) Mazos posted once January 27, 2014
3) The IP address from that post is registered to comcast in WA
4) Keefe posted multiple times from that IP address in 2014 (about 800 times), but also specifically 2 days before (Jan 25) and 17 days after (Feb 13). Keefe didn't post at all between those dates.
5) Keefe is the only user other than Mazos to use that IP Address.

So fact is, as the internet works, Keefe, or someone living in his home owns the Mazos account.  Unless this is another "he stopped over for a beer and asked to use the internet", but that's unlikely. 

So, what's the character of someone that sends these emails to other scoopers employers?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2021, 06:39:35 PM »
But what is that?

Listen, I know some here think I'm just a clown, but here's what I can say with certainty in this case:
1) The email address used to send info to employers is registered to the "Mazos" user
2) Mazos posted once January 27, 2014
3) The IP address from that post is registered to comcast in WA
4) Keefe posted multiple times from that IP address in 2014 (about 800 times), but also specifically 2 days before (Jan 25) and 17 days after (Feb 13). Keefe didn't post at all between those dates.
5) Keefe is the only user other than Mazos to use that IP Address.

So fact is, as the internet works, Keefe, or someone living in his home owns the Mazos account.  Unless this is another "he stopped over for a beer and asked to use the internet", but that's unlikely. 

So, what's the character of someone that sends these emails to other scoopers employers?

Character Revealed™

Goose

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2021, 06:42:08 PM »
Bagpiper
As I stated, I have zero idea if he was the perp in this case. If he did it, then the mods could/should ban him.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2021, 06:43:40 PM »
The wagons are circling.
Perhaps a summit is in order.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2021, 06:45:06 PM »
Unless this is another "he stopped over for a beer and asked to use the internet", but that's unlikely. 

HOOPALOOP STRIKES AGAIN

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2021, 07:40:54 PM »
I’ve actually never met Crash (that hopefully changes in August) but I am an unabashed and unapologetic fan. He’s smart, funny and has a personal history of accomplishment and service for others that I admire greatly.

I have no idea what did or didn’t happen here. I know that disagreements often get heated and personal on Scoop. That’s unfortunate, but IMO they never should go beyond Scoop’s borders.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2021, 07:49:40 PM »
Lenny

Perfectly stated. You are the reasonable one.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2021, 08:03:24 PM »
I’ve actually never met Crash (that hopefully changes in August) but I am an unabashed and unapologetic fan. He’s smart, funny and has a personal history of accomplishment and service for others that I admire greatly.

I have no idea what did or didn’t happen here. I know that disagreements often get heated and personal on Scoop. That’s unfortunate, but IMO they never should go beyond Scoop’s borders.

Lenny

Perfectly stated. You are the reasonable one.

Okay guys, it's either one or the other:

1. You'll support Keefe doxxing someone on the forums, calling up that person's HR department and trying to get them fired all because Keefe got his feelings hurt over something silly.

Or,

2. You don't understand how the internet works and you'd like someone to explain how IP addresses work, and that's why it's not obvious to you that Keefe definitely did this.

I'm happy to help out with #2. If it's #1 then I'm disappointed.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2021, 08:09:25 PM »

This is high high comedy.  “Im an unabashed and unapologetic fan, of mystery man Keefe who’s funny, smart, so accomplished…who im so excited to meet in August”

feedback