collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tough Guy Keefe/Mazos  (Read 21369 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Tough Guy Keefe/Mazos
« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2021, 04:57:38 PM »
Hmm....don't think I supported keefe at all, but thanks for projecting.

Perhaps I didn't understand what you found funny... "Funny, many of the attackers are now mortally injured."

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2021, 05:11:04 PM »
Perhaps I didn't understand what you found funny... "Funny, many of the attackers are now mortally injured."

The same pearl clutchers had no problem attacking 4ever.  That was my point.  Didn't think it was that deep.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2021, 05:37:25 PM »
So you all don't understand the difference with that thread, vs keefe emailing people's workplaces?  Truly baffling. 

Zig, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you would support Keefe's actions.  Goose, my posts were not even an attack.  Lighthouse, I think you're better than stepping in the middle of this.
I don't support Keefe's actions at all. In fact, I said, "I agree, and don't think anyone disputed that what Keefe did was horrendous and he deserves whatever ban the mods give him."  But I don't think some of the comments on here would fly if someone who leaned right said them.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2021, 05:42:40 PM »
Can we agree on one fxxkin thing, no one supports the email being sent to Wade's HR department. Every other discussion is a sidebar to the main event. Whomever sent the email pulled an asxhole move.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2021, 06:01:18 PM »
The same pearl clutchers had no problem attacking 4ever.  That was my point.  Didn't think it was that deep.

You think attacking* 4ever on an online message board is somehow comparable to trying to mess with someone's livelihood in real life?
If people were going to online review sites and saying 4ever diddled their child during a tooth cleaning, you may be onto something. Otherwise, you're just being ridiculous.

* By attacking, you mean "cutting and pasting the things he writes"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2021, 06:10:08 PM »
You think attacking* 4ever on an online message board is somehow comparable to trying to mess with someone's livelihood in real life?
If people were going to online review sites and saying 4ever diddled their child during a tooth cleaning, you may be onto something. Otherwise, you're just being ridiculous.

And let’s be honest, reading that thread isn’t a one-way street of personal attacks like some are making it out
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2021, 06:13:43 PM »
Can we agree on one fxxkin thing, no one supports the email being sent to Wade's HR department. Every other discussion is a sidebar to the main event. Whomever sent the email pulled an asxhole move.

Agreed a lot is lost in the weeds here. 

It sickens me know that a MU fan used this site, to then attempt "revenge" at other fans places of work.  We all should be outraged at that. 

And we've removed the "whomever" in this case - it was keefe. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2021, 07:19:31 PM »
Agreed a lot is lost in the weeds here. 

It sickens me know that a MU fan used this site, to then attempt "revenge" at other fans places of work.  We all should be outraged at that. 

And we've removed the "whomever" in this case - it was keefe.

Doesn't he also post as "Jon" and "TheBabyDavid"
Maigh Eo for Sam

Goose

• All American
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2021, 07:19:53 PM »
Pakuni

The 4ever thread was a joke and Rocky should be banned for started it. He started a thread as an attempt to embarrass a fellow scooper. I would gladly start a new thread to differentiate this thought vs the email for the folks that cannot multi task.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2021, 07:26:16 PM »
Multitasking

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2021, 07:28:33 PM »
Doesn't he also post as "Jon" and "TheBabyDavid"

Yes, and IIRC, using the name "Jon" was his way of trolling a popular poster on here by using that guy's real name.
Have some patience, FFS.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2021, 07:32:38 PM »
chick

Who was the popular poster named Jon? You are scooping me.

Was crash also forgetful?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 07:36:39 PM by Goose »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2021, 07:38:39 PM »
Pakuni

The 4ever thread was a joke and Rocky should be banned for started it. He started a thread as an attempt to embarrass a fellow scooper. I would gladly start a new thread to differentiate this thought vs the email for the folks that cannot multi task.

Goose
If 4ever is embarrassed by a compilation of his posts, that says much more about him than it does rocky.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2021, 07:41:52 PM »
chick

Who was the popular poster named Jon? You are scooping me.

I am having a brain cramp  right now on that part.  I remember he ridiculed his occupation (or at least his place of work), which I won't disclose because it would be too easy to find him.

I don't think Keefe is forgetful; he certainly seems to remember every single time someone has embarrassed or angered him on Scoop.
Have some patience, FFS.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2021, 07:45:07 PM »
Pakuni

I would say many on here could have best hits thread started about them and not sure of the purpose other than to embarrass someone. You believe, and at times rightfully so, that you are extremely clever, but you have had your share of clunkers. I would challenge a post trying to embarrass you as well.

chick

Now I remember the Jon you are referencing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #190 on: July 01, 2021, 07:48:11 PM »
I have said for quite some time that the attacks need to be monitored. The lack of respect, or out and out attacks, need to be eliminated. Yes, Keefe is my friend, but if someone used mental health issues against 82 I would have the same response.

Goose

Thanks for mentioning 82.

82 would never do what Crash did. But if 82 did, 82 would not expect anybody to defend 82. And deep down, 82 would hope that 82's wife or another family member or even a Scoop friend would inquire about 82's mental state, because there's something dark going on.

I spent today umpiring at a little league event in the inferno that is Charlotte in July, so I just caught up with the drama here. Last night, I made my one and only post in this thread, saying Crash was neither my "friend" nor "adversary" -- which obviously makes me different from all those here who either love or loathe him -- and I concluded my brief post with:

I truly am sad that any Scooper or Marquette alum would stoop to this. And I actually worry about his mental state, something I don’t say lightly.

Do you think that's an "attack"? That's genuine concern for a fellow MU alum. There are almost certainly mental issues involved in perpetrating such a malicious, personal, spiteful act.

And I'd say that even if 82 had done it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #191 on: July 01, 2021, 07:51:15 PM »
warthog-driver, TribalRage, unforgiven, Parsighian, pumata, theBabyDavid, Jon, mazos, keefe, kalkbird, larrycarlboner, linguaflicker, maymay, nigel, omar, ollie, niger, nama, opiyama, oso, quisp, lilkunio, quito, quilly, quint .. and about 50 others.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2021, 07:53:13 PM »

I do not think your post was an attack at all, was referencing other comments. Your post was well thought out and respectful, I cannot the same for others. We may disagree on many topics but I have never felt you were an unkind person.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2021, 07:57:08 PM »

I do not think your post was an attack at all, was referencing other comments. Your post was well thought out and respectful, I cannot the same for others. We may disagree on many topics but I have never felt you were an unkind person.

I appreciate that.

I had planned to not get involved in this thread beyond my initial comment, because I don't see what good can come of it. And I'll step out again now until something new has been reported or unless I'm called into it. Have a nice night.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #194 on: July 01, 2021, 08:31:21 PM »

I don't think Keefe is forgetful; he certainly seems to remember every single time someone has embarrassed or angered him on Scoop.

I do forget a lot of things, but I just want to make clear. I am not Keefe.

I don't think we even have a lot in common, and have actually gotten into some debates/arguments on here before.

I was going to avoid this thread, but thought it was important to make clear Keefe and I are different people.

Now I'm going to add some extra butter to my popcorn and spectate. 

« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 09:07:46 PM by forgetful »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #195 on: July 01, 2021, 08:45:49 PM »
Pakuni

I would say many on here could have best hits thread started about them and not sure of the purpose other than to embarrass someone. You believe, and at times rightfully so, that you are extremely clever, but you have had your share of clunkers. I would challenge a post trying to embarrass you as well.

chick

Now I remember the Jon you are referencing.

Goose
I have no doubt I've posted more than a fee clunkers, and if someone wishes to rehash them, have at it. I'm definitely not above owning my bad takes.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #196 on: July 01, 2021, 09:43:31 PM »

Pakuni,

Do you really think outing BLM to his HR director as a frequent Scoop contributor is equivalent to making false claims about child sex abuse on a dentist’s patient review page?

I’m with you that Keefe was out of line but c’mon.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #197 on: July 01, 2021, 10:10:09 PM »
I’ve been wary of Keene from the get go. Big talker, full of himself. Then, a few years ago, he started making references to my current and former employers. I’ve never mentioned them on here. That’s bloody creepy. Most was in response to me mocking Michigan football.

Going to someone’s HR department thought, that’s messed up. I had it happen to me but my boss looked at it, laughed it off and just said “be careful on social media.” That chick had issues and so does Keefe.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 10:52:00 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #198 on: July 01, 2021, 10:23:49 PM »
Pakuni,

Do you really think outing BLM to his HR director as a frequent Scoop contributor is equivalent to making false claims about child sex abuse on a dentist’s patient review page?

seriously...i'm sorry, but the child abuse thing in a dental chair trumps(no pun intended) the other thing really BIG TIME.  you can do better pak  for the record, i have to agree with the consensus that mazos was over the top.  this analogy however is nasty bad
don't...don't don't don't don't

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2021, 10:27:06 PM »
Pakuni,

Lenny,

I'd like to think you're way smarter than this.  Please don't disavow me of that notion.

feedback