'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tomorrow, The Other Shoe Drops  (Read 6588 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Tomorrow, The Other Shoe Drops
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2019, 04:09:48 PM »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Sorry 'bout your anti-depressants, but I am much happier now.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2019, 04:12:19 PM »
Sorry 'bout your anti-depressants, but I am much happier now.

That makes me sad, Benny.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2019, 04:26:37 PM »
That makes me sad, Benny.

Have you considered stealing someone's anti-depressants.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2019, 07:24:17 PM »
Have you considered stealing someone's anti-depressants.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2019, 07:06:17 AM »
Tomorrow isn’t April 1st, and MA has some low credibility...losing his arse out here in judgments and his own personal cases.  Maybe he has something, but he also guaranteed something was to happen by 12/31/18...guaranteed....that this weekend officially destroyed that outcome.

I'm not a fan of his, but the bolded simply isn't true. Though I'm pretty sure you're just trying to get this closed on a political basis.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2019, 09:13:27 AM »
I'm not a fan of his, but the bolded simply isn't true. Though I'm pretty sure you're just trying to get this closed on a political basis.

Many anti-depressants issued of late, trend will continue
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 09:22:56 AM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2019, 09:43:15 AM »
Many anti-depressants issued of late, trend will continue

Nah, you're just ignoring a lot of other activity going on because of one 4-page summary. SDNY, NYAG, etc etc etc is still happening.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2019, 09:51:22 AM »
First time I've ever typed this ...

IBTL
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2019, 06:10:19 PM »
COLLEGE ADMINISTRATORS WATCHING AVENATTI-NIKE
•   Ever since the college basketball scandal broke 18 months ago, college leaders have anticipated more troubling accusations. That’s exactly what celebrity lawyer Michael Avenatti claimed he had on Nike -- evidence of a shoe brand paying high school players and influencing them to go to certain Nike schools. On Twitter, Avenatti specifically took aim at Oregon and Arizona.
•   Avenatti’s plans for a news conference today were derailed when he was charged with trying to extort Nike, but he still released some details via Twitter accusing Nike of paying players. While Avenatti can come off as somewhat clownish, that doesn’t mean his claims are without merit, and that’s what has college administrators’ attention. Virtually no one thinks that Adidas, which had two of its execs found guilty of wire fraud in October, was the only shoe company paying players.
•   The other issue that has college leaders holding their breath -- when will the NCAA act on the testimony that’s in federal court documents in this case? The information contained in those testimonies can be used against schools in NCAA investigations, no questions asked, creating a level of angst about what penalties are still to come. What’s certain is that this dark chapter in college basketball is far from over.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2019, 06:57:58 PM »
COLLEGE ADMINISTRATORS WATCHING AVENATTI-NIKE
•   Ever since the college basketball scandal broke 18 months ago, college leaders have anticipated more troubling accusations. That’s exactly what celebrity lawyer Michael Avenatti claimed he had on Nike -- evidence of a shoe brand paying high school players and influencing them to go to certain Nike schools. On Twitter, Avenatti specifically took aim at Oregon and Arizona.
•   Avenatti’s plans for a news conference today were derailed when he was charged with trying to extort Nike, but he still released some details via Twitter accusing Nike of paying players. While Avenatti can come off as somewhat clownish, that doesn’t mean his claims are without merit, and that’s what has college administrators’ attention. Virtually no one thinks that Adidas, which had two of its execs found guilty of wire fraud in October, was the only shoe company paying players.
•   The other issue that has college leaders holding their breath -- when will the NCAA act on the testimony that’s in federal court documents in this case? The information contained in those testimonies can be used against schools in NCAA investigations, no questions asked, creating a level of angst about what penalties are still to come. What’s certain is that this dark chapter in college basketball is far from over.

Source?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2019, 07:00:50 PM »
Source?

Sorry, Sports Business Journal