[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129330 times)

shoothoops

• All American

shoothoops

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #9001 on: November 12, 2020, 11:30:41 PM »
Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito telling anyone and everyone who will listen tonight, to not listen to scientists, and that restrictions are too severe for COVID-19. (you can skip over the other parts where he persecute s gay people etc...)

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1327055797176692737?s=19

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9002 on: November 13, 2020, 07:07:09 AM »
Small wedding in Maine...

177 infected with COVID-19, 7 people dead.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-11-12/covid-19-spread-at-thanksgiving-holiday-gatherings-could-be-like-maine-wedding?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

I think you should have gone with this important part:

Only 55 people attended the Aug. 7 reception at the Big Moose Inn in Millinocket. But one of those guests arrived with a coronavirus infection. Over the next 38 days, the virus spread to 176 other people. Seven of them died.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #9003 on: November 13, 2020, 09:24:18 AM »
need rapid at home tests to get approval.  This would decrease the burden on testing sites and keep people from passing it on.  Well that is if sick people stay home
This. I am not sure why there hasn't been more focus on this.
Lots of frequent, fast testing would make things safer.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9004 on: November 13, 2020, 09:30:03 AM »

I agree, but i haven't seen anything that is the golden three.

1. Cheap
2. Fast
3. Effective

Usually, we only get two of the three.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9005 on: November 13, 2020, 09:35:12 AM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #9006 on: November 13, 2020, 09:46:37 AM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #9007 on: November 13, 2020, 10:36:40 AM »

I have seen plenty of chatter about it lately but nothing tells the cost.  That would be the key is to keep the cost down. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9008 on: November 13, 2020, 10:44:05 AM »
No way Biden could have done better

Rico, you have to take into account how difficult it is to defend the indefensible.

It's pretty much impossible to defend Trump's response to the coronavirus. I mean, even if you don't want to admit that the U.S. response was a disaster and among the worst of any first-world nation, there's this: He personally, actively contributed to people getting infected and even dying by insisting upon holding super-spreader events - sometimes several per day.

Just in that one measure, Biden did "better" because he went out of his way to avoid hosting super-spreader events.

But when you worship the emperor, admitting that he was willingly infecting his own supporters, that he didn't give a rat's arse about anybody but himself and anything but his own political and personal fortunes ... that's difficult to ask of the blindly loyal.

So give 'em a break.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9009 on: November 13, 2020, 10:56:17 AM »
Rico, you have to take into account how difficult it is to defend the indefensible.

It's pretty much impossible to defend Trump's response to the coronavirus. I mean, even if you don't want to admit that the U.S. response was a disaster and among the worst of any first-world nation, there's this: He personally, actively contributed to people getting infected and even dying by insisting upon holding super-spreader events - sometimes several per day.

Just in that one measure, Biden did "better" because he went out of his way to avoid hosting super-spreader events.

But when you worship the emperor, admitting that he was willingly infecting his own supporters, that he didn't give a rat's arse about anybody but himself and anything but his own political and personal fortunes ... that's difficult to ask of the blindly loyal.

So give 'em a break.

MU82 - I believe Rico meant to use teal.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9010 on: November 13, 2020, 11:42:29 AM »

Given Rico’s posting history, that was my assumption as well.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9011 on: November 13, 2020, 11:53:17 AM »

Which I knew; Rico and I often are kindred spirits. I simply enjoyed the set-up.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #9012 on: November 13, 2020, 05:37:41 PM »
I agree, but i haven't seen anything that is the golden three.

1. Cheap
2. Fast
3. Effective

Usually, we only get two of the three.

I guess that is what I was thinking. Put money and effort in developing this.
Or instead of spending trillions on stimulus, spend billions on testing to open up the economy.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9013 on: November 13, 2020, 11:08:17 PM »
Over 177,000 cases today.  :'(

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #9014 on: November 14, 2020, 05:58:10 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/parents-tried-cover-superspreader-dance-230835336.html

We’re never getting past this.
Talk about parents not being parents.....

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #9015 on: November 14, 2020, 06:33:47 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/parents-tried-cover-superspreader-dance-230835336.html

Wow - the irresponsible things parents are willing to do really scares me...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9016 on: November 14, 2020, 06:39:25 PM »

Endangering the whole community, and creating an example for kids who will grow up believing that’s OK. Nice.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9017 on: November 14, 2020, 06:42:47 PM »
At least they’re prepared for any pushback with their firearms.  ::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9018 on: November 14, 2020, 08:50:22 PM »
This is what Trumpism has wrought:

Replying to @MalloryMcMorrow
A friend of mine works as a contact tracer and her husband is an ICU doctor. She told me he saw a patient who had #COVID19, and badly. After she came off of a ventilator, he asked her how she thought she got the virus.

”I don’t have COVID,” she said, “It doesn’t exist.”
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9019 on: November 15, 2020, 08:48:49 AM »
Understatement of the Day: Things aren't going well ...

More than 1,000 Americans are dying of the coronavirus every day on average, a 50% increase in the past month. Iowa, Minnesota, New Mexico, Tennessee and Wisconsin have recorded more deaths over the past seven days than in any other week of the pandemic. Twice this past week, there have been more than 1,400 deaths reported in a single day.

“It’s getting bad, and it’s potentially going to get a lot worse,” said Jennifer Nuzzo, a public health researcher and senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security. “The months ahead are looking quite horrifying.”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9020 on: November 15, 2020, 09:13:56 AM »

A friend of mine works as a contact tracer and her husband is an ICU doctor. She told me he saw a patient who had #COVID19, and badly. After she came off of a ventilator, he asked her how she thought she got the virus.

So many Monty Python references come to mind.   The Black Knight.   The dead parrot.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #9021 on: November 15, 2020, 03:26:44 PM »

From a SD ICU nurse:

I have a night off from the hospital. As I’m on my couch with my dog I can’t help but think of the Covid patients the last few days. The ones that stick out are those who still don’t believe the virus is real. The ones who scream at you for a magic medicine and that Joe Biden is Going to ruin the USA. All while gasping for breath on 100% Vapotherm. They tell you there must be another reason they are sick. They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that “stuff” because they don’t have COViD because it’s not real. Yes. This really happens. And I can’t stop thinking about it. These people really think this isn’t going to happen to them. And then they stop yelling at you when they get intubated. It’s like a ....ing horror movie that never ends. There’s no credits that roll. You just go back and do it all over again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JodiDoering/status/1327771329555292162?s=20

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9022 on: November 15, 2020, 03:57:55 PM »
Cult.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #9023 on: November 15, 2020, 04:13:09 PM »
All I can say is, OMG.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9024 on: November 15, 2020, 04:21:14 PM »
From a SD ICU nurse:

I have a night off from the hospital. As I’m on my couch with my dog I can’t help but think of the Covid patients the last few days. The ones that stick out are those who still don’t believe the virus is real. The ones who scream at you for a magic medicine and that Joe Biden is Going to ruin the USA. All while gasping for breath on 100% Vapotherm. They tell you there must be another reason they are sick. They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that “stuff” because they don’t have COViD because it’s not real. Yes. This really happens. And I can’t stop thinking about it. These people really think this isn’t going to happen to them. And then they stop yelling at you when they get intubated. It’s like a ....ing horror movie that never ends. There’s no credits that roll. You just go back and do it all over again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JodiDoering/status/1327771329555292162?s=20

Stories like that make me sad for the kids and grandkids that lose family members to stupidity and arrogance. And I worry that those kids grow up just to be like their deceased family members, because they think it is ‘smart’ or ‘tough.’

And really sad for the healthcare workers that put their lives on the line, only to be berated by the very patients they are trying desperately to save.

feedback