collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: More Crean Insanity: Crean Screams at Michigan Coach  (Read 19620 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: More Crean Insanity: Crean Screams at Michigan Coach
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2013, 06:56:04 PM »
I think this entire thread is just the tits. Pari mutuel window openin' up soon to wager when this beauty gets locked.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2013, 07:31:31 PM »
Sure it does.  The poster said IU fans were defending their coach.  Just as MU fans defended our coach.  It is what fans do

+1000000000000000. Indiana fans defend Tom Crean. You defend Crean constantly, even when he does the indefensible. You are an Indiana fan. Marquette fans defend Buzz Williams. You didn't and you don't. In fact, you often rip him. By your own definition you are not a Marquette fan. Doesn't it feel good to be able to stop living a lie?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
Jon B....exuding class

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2010/06/steve_hawkins_calls_john_beile.html

So, you are choosing to accept Hawkins version of things, which is fine. Beilein presents a slightly (and I do mean slightly) different version of things. The guy wasn't under contract, no rules were broken, and you are left with nothing more than a jilted coach, and a he said, he said. You have anything else?

beautyschooldropout

• Walk-On
Who hates Crean more?
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2013, 08:42:39 PM »
Jilted Marquette fans or non-Indiana Big 10 fans?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: Who hates Crean more?
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2013, 08:43:38 PM »
God.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2013, 09:01:09 PM »
Apparently someone has been spending too much time away from the office...

https://twitter.com/tomcrean/status/256567830869340160

MU82

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2013, 09:39:59 PM »
Sure he would.  Because Crean shouldn't have done what he did, that's why he is apologizing.  Doesn't mean the exchange didn't happen. 

Does is surprise you how many MU fans here defended Buzz during the sexual assault issues last year when we were getting buried by other teams fans left and right?   

Hmmm ... I didn't even know Buzz was accused of sexual assault.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2013, 09:42:03 PM »
By the by, did anybody else notice the self-satisfied, $hit-eating grin Crean had right after the confrontation with Meyer.

It said: "I verbally kicked his arse, didn't I? I am the man! I am Tom Effin' Crean!" He was so proud of himself.

Again, this post is from a guy who regularly defended Crean, not just on this board but in conversations with fellow Marquetters. But between his bullying of reporters, this incident and the general air of superiority he now projects, I have lost a lot of respect for him. I know that doesn't matter to him, but it matters to me.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2013, 09:44:19 PM »
Don't forget Kentucky fans

Death on call

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2013, 09:53:45 PM »

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! STOP.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2013, 09:53:50 PM »
By the by, did anybody else notice the self-satisfied, $hit-eating grin Crean had right after the confrontation with Meyer.

It said: "I verbally kicked his arse, didn't I? I am the man! I am Tom Effin' Crean!" He was so proud of himself.

Again, this post is from a guy who regularly defended Crean, not just on this board but in conversations with fellow Marquetters. But between his bullying of reporters, this incident and the general air of superiority he now projects, I have lost a lot of respect for him. I know that doesn't matter to him, but it matters to me.

And it should matter. We went to some affair back at Marquette in 00 or 01 and met Crean. My wife's comment was that, "he's a mile wide and an inch deep." And she was an extremely accepting person. She saw right through him as only women can.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2013, 09:55:15 PM »

Watching the news over the past week it seems many in the press cannot stomach the man either.

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2013, 10:01:24 PM »

Looked like a cross between Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" and Jim Harbaugh on any Sunday afternoon/Monday night.  Scary and disturbing, yet compelling in a sick sort of way.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2013, 10:01:25 PM »
melatonin.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2013, 10:18:01 PM »

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2013, 10:44:55 PM »
Joanie?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2013, 11:16:15 PM »
Looked like a cross between Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" and Jim Harbaugh on any Sunday afternoon/Monday night.  Scary and disturbing, yet compelling in a sick sort of way.

That was the strangest part. It was so contrived. Nearly every talking head mentioned his grin and how it proved it was all for the cameras.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2013, 11:19:47 PM »
+1000000000000000. Indiana fans defend Tom Crean. You defend Crean constantly, even when he does the indefensible. You are an Indiana fan. Marquette fans defend Buzz Williams. You didn't and you don't. In fact, you often rip him. By your own definition you are not a Marquette fan. Doesn't it feel good to be able to stop living a lie?

I defend Buzz all the time, especially to other fanbases that rip on him constantly. 

I've never called Buzz a douche, I've done it 100's of times here about TC.  I've never called Buzz a jerk, called TC that 100's of times.  Funny how you miss that.

I am an Indiana fan, but a MU fan first.  Glad that the administration spoke to the Buzzard, guidelines put in place, no more front page embarrassments for the university and the program and what happens...we win a championship.  Hmmm..   ;D

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2013, 11:20:44 PM »
So, you are choosing to accept Hawkins version of things, which is fine. Beilein presents a slightly (and I do mean slightly) different version of things. The guy wasn't under contract, no rules were broken, and you are left with nothing more than a jilted coach, and a he said, he said. You have anything else?

Funny, Keefe is willing to accept Michigan fan base version and not a peep out of you.  It's funny how you pick and choose, isn't it.   Any comments about the coach's wife and her looks?   :P

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2013, 11:43:22 PM »
Funny, Keefe is willing to accept Michigan fan base version and not a peep out of you.  It's funny how you pick and choose, isn't it.   Any comments about the coach's wife and her looks?   :P

Not sure what Beilein did wrong. Guy wasn't under contract and took a better job. Got a $50M dollar raise in the process. I would think a Free Market Libertarian such as yourself would applaud that. Or are you really a closet democrat??

As for the Coach's wife's looks? I think Corrie is attractive in that cute, athletic girl way. Very sweet smile. I am sure she is beautiful in many ways.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2013, 11:48:07 PM »
Keefe, Lenny, et al

Let's find some common ground

TC is a jerk?  I think so, I worked for him, I would know.
TC is douche bag?  I think so
TC is a media whore?  I would say so
TC is an egomanic?  Yup
TC acts like a child?  Check

I'd go farther.  He has a huge chip on his shoulder from everyone saying he won't succeed, can't win, etc.  Huge check

I think we can all agree on these and I'm sure you can add to the list and I would probably concur on many of them.

Where I lose you guys is that a bunch of coaches fit that bill.  Or when people say he can't coach, the players that have played for him and the results seem to contradict that argument.

Do what you are going to do. I don't care any more.  I'm happy he got MU back to a Final Four.  Glad he totally rebuilt the disgusting mess that Sampson left behind.  If he leaves IU, I'll be fine with it.  IU is better because of him but will survive.  MU is better because of him but survived.

The obsession is interesting and I suspect it will never end until he is dead or goes to a DII school, but run with it.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2013, 11:52:41 PM »
Chicos, Keefe, Lenny, (& Navin!?!) - drop the Crean posting for a while (like forever).  It's getting tiresome, and we all know your opinions.  If you like posting here, you'll stop posting about Crean.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2013, 12:01:03 AM »
Chicos, Keefe, Lenny, (& Navin!?!) - drop the Crean posting for a while (like forever).  It's getting tiresome, and we all know your opinions.  If you like posting here, you'll stop posting about Crean.

I like how you kept the thread open to encourage them to keep posting.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2013, 04:56:26 AM »
Crean never played the game. That coupled with his egomaniac personality does give him a huge cow chip on his shoulder.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback