[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nice Buzz Article  (Read 15715 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Nice Buzz Article
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2016, 09:51:42 PM »
All PR for him.

Sour grapes after the fact must taste bad.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2016, 09:53:24 PM »
Sour grapes after the fact must taste bad.

It can be sour grapes and still be true.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2016, 10:07:13 PM »
As do I. No doubt his and his wife's ego got WAY out of control. However, I have first hand knowledge from people inside and outside MU that Buzz and family became far worse than TC ever did and people were longing for the days of TC and Joani. They all LOVE Wojo and Mrs. Wojo, nothing but positives.

Revisionist history. All I ever read, saw or heard the first 5 years Buzz was here was how great he, his wife and his family were. People were SO happy to be done with Crean, his wife and the Harbaugh ego/power trip. Finally, a real and genuine guy and family running things! Then he left - and so became the devil incarnate. And now we LOVE Wojo - until he fails or leaves. If we drop him, he'll be a good guy but a failure. If he drops us, he'll be the phony button down preppy from Duke. So it goes.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2016, 10:10:37 PM »
Really, Rick? Back in da dey I worked side by side wit Rick for 2 summers. He cut his teeth on da MU job. Became a much better coach after his silent firin'. Felt too much pressure to succeed at his alma mater. Program was on a decline wit Hank and took da slippery slope after Wolf and Olson chose utter programs, ai na?
If Duane Johnson was able to stay eligible, things would have turned out differently for Rick. People forget how good Johnson was.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2016, 10:28:29 PM »
Revisionist history. All I ever read, saw or heard the first 5 years Buzz was here was how great he, his wife and his family were. People were SO happy to be done with Crean, his wife and the Harbaugh ego/power trip. Finally, a real and genuine guy and family running things! Then he left - and so became the devil incarnate. And now we LOVE Wojo - until he fails or leaves. If we drop him, he'll be a good guy but a failure. If he drops us, he'll be the phony button down preppy from Duke. So it goes.

It's not revisionist history. Some of these issues were mentioned here before he left.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2016, 10:28:44 PM »

You were reading and seeing the mirage and hearing what you wanted.

It's not revisionist, it's human. That which I have now is always better then that which I have had and suffered through. For the contrarian, it is the exact opposite which is where you come in. You disliked Crean for the near entirety of his tenure in Milwaukee and Buzz, success or not, was always going to live in a favorable light. That light became saintly with his on court success.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2016, 10:32:03 PM »
You were reading and seeing the mirage and hearing what you wanted.

It's not revisionist, it's human. That which I have now is always better then that which I have had and suffered through. For the contrarian, it is the exact opposite which is where you come in. You disliked Crean for the near entirety of his tenure in Milwaukee and Buzz, success or not, was always going to live in a favorable light. That light became saintly with his on court success.

"Saintly", no. But otherwise mostly accurate, Lanche.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2016, 12:31:02 AM »

Ill admit I saw through his shtick early on? I went to a CIRCLES event with him where he did his "aw shucks, I'm just a country bumpkin"  routine, back peddled on whether he'd leave MU, then hustled out before any of the 250 or so who attended just to meet him could do so.

Yes, people at MU were happy to be done with Crean, they thought it couldn't get worse. It did. Crean never had staff bring him his meals course by course.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2016, 12:51:58 AM »

Ding Ding. The Athletic department tired of TC . Buzz was generally well liked. Unfortunately, many MU fans struggle with any coach who leaves. You are right, Wojo will go at some point and he will be a scumbag also.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2016, 02:26:23 AM »

There were plenty of people who questioned various things while Buzz was still here and successful:
  • Newbill situation
  • Alleged assault charges and subsequent alleged cover-up
  • Monterale Clark recruitment

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2016, 03:40:50 AM »

Are we reaching consensus?  Is the "hillbilly" hate coming to an end, can we end the class warfare?
Perhaps not, we may just like to argue and feel superior.  Extreme position are easy to take, balanced, pramatic, objective understanding is much more difficult to attain. 

I always wonder if Scoop is skewed because of to many lawyers and engineers or if it something else.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2016, 07:28:47 AM »
Ding Ding. The Athletic department tired of TC . Buzz was generally well liked. Unfortunately, many MU fans struggle with any coach who leaves. You are right, Wojo will go at some point and he will be a scumbag also.

You sure about that?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2016, 08:39:30 AM »
This conversation isn't ridiculous. Your post is.

Lenny, let me try to explain this in a way you'll understand then.

Today's post is brought to you by the Letters "G", "T" and "N".

"G" is for Gone, as in, "Buzz Williams has been gone for three years now."
   "T" is for Train wreck, as in, "Buzz Williams' last season at Marquette was a train wreck."
   "N" is for Not coming back," as in, "Buzz Williams is not coming back to Marquette."

The point of both my posts is that it is time to move on. I thought, as I noted, that Buzz showed an incredible lack of class when he left Marquette. That bothered me but not enough to dwell on it for three years.

It's amazing that we have six takes on Buzz comments. Let it go people! Let's argue about Luke's continuing foul trouble, whether we make the tournament or even what the university should do if we don't.

The noted philosopher/financier, Kevin O'Leary (aka Mr. Wonderful) repeatedly sums up my advice to all who dwell on Buzz Williams:

"He's dead to me!"

He should be to all of you too!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2016, 09:01:18 AM »
The rank and file staff got along ok with Buzz, but he was a weird dude.  He and his wife were paranoid as hell.  His wife would scour the Internet for anything written about Buzz.  She wouldn't take to kindly to anything negative.  This was well known.  I wouldn't doubt she is reading this thread.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2016, 09:20:58 AM »
The rank and file staff got along ok with Buzz, but he was a weird dude.  He and his wife were paranoid as hell.  His wife would scour the Internet for anything written about Buzz.  She wouldn't take to kindly to anything negative.  This was well known.  I wouldn't doubt she is reading this thread.
Buzz is married to Chico's?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2016, 10:34:56 AM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2016, 10:53:09 AM »

From the panic room, of course

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2016, 11:20:27 AM »
Lenny, let me try to explain this in a way you'll understand then.

Today's post is brought to you by the Letters "G", "T" and "N".

"G" is for Gone, as in, "Buzz Williams has been gone for three years now."
   "T" is for Train wreck, as in, "Buzz Williams' last season at Marquette was a train wreck."
   "N" is for Not coming back," as in, "Buzz Williams is not coming back to Marquette."

The point of both my posts is that it is time to move on. I thought, as I noted, that Buzz showed an incredible lack of class when he left Marquette. That bothered me but not enough to dwell on it for three years.

It's amazing that we have six takes on Buzz comments. Let it go people! Let's argue about Luke's continuing foul trouble, whether we make the tournament or even what the university should do if we don't.

The noted philosopher/financier, Kevin O'Leary (aka Mr. Wonderful) repeatedly sums up my advice to all who dwell on Buzz Williams:

"He's dead to me!"

He should be to all of you too!

dg - let me give credit where credit is due. This post is far less venal, petty, mean spirited, etc. than the one I previously responded to - thank you for that. And it's ok (I guess) if Buzz is "dead to you". But then you tell everybody else how to feel. IMO that's not ok.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2016, 07:46:21 PM »
If Bumstead is dead, den Crean is a fookin', cremated fart in da wind, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback