[May 13, 2024, 07:04:22 PM]

Ben Gold's summer by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 05:58:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 04:33:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Next 4  (Read 4244 times)

MurphysTillClose

• Starter
Re: Next 4
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2024, 01:14:35 PM »
I've been to the BET a few times and would personally label the fanbase hostility as follows:

UCONN
(oceanic gulf)
SJU/Providence
Nova/Seton Hall
Marquette/Creighton
X/Butler/Gtown
(black hole gulf)
DePaul

The Marquette/UCONN semifinal was one of the wildest atmospheres I've ever been in before.
The most satisfying win I'd ever seen in person for MUBB, sending those arrogant pretty boys home with Tyler/Oso/Kam in foul trouble the entirety of the second half.

I'm not thrown off by any opposing fanbase at a BET after that, and I'm sure the guys feel the same way.

+1 to this list. Attended last year's BET as well. The semi-final on Friday night was one of the most electric atmospheres I've been in, let alone for a MUBB game.

Was surrounded by UCONN fans - who before we even tipped - were chatting very loudly about which seats they should secure for the following night's championship game. They were quite aggressive. Needles to say, that was a VERY fun walk through the concourse afterwards.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2024, 01:21:16 PM »

Needles to say, that was a VERY fun walk through the concourse afterwards.

Acupuncture works wonders on UCONN fans

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2024, 01:25:39 PM »
We should beat Providence at home.

A win over Creighton secures 2nd place and at least gives us a chance to tie UConn.

I'm not worried about the next 4 at all.

Was thinking the exact same. Just win the next two - as we will! - and all's great.

Creighton's not an easy place to play, but we won there in 2019, 2021 and 2023; and the 2022 loss was by 1 point. Those past results guarantee nothing going into Saturday's game, of course, but they do show that Omaha has not been some impossible mountain to climb for our guys.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MurphysTillClose

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2024, 01:26:41 PM »
Acupuncture works wonders on UCONN fans

Nice - good catch lol

MurphysTillClose

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2024, 01:27:01 PM »

+1 to this list. Attended last year's BET as well. The semi-final on Friday night was one of the most electric atmospheres I've been in, let alone for a MUBB game.

Was surrounded by UCONN fans - who before we even tipped - were chatting very loudly about which seats they should secure for the following night's championship game. They were quite aggressive. Needless to say, that was a VERY fun walk through the concourse afterwards.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2024, 01:37:34 PM »
UConn fans have the arrogance you'd expect from a program that has won at that level for 30 years. Providence fans are just really weird.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2024, 01:42:13 PM »
I have been to BET a few times also and would agree UConn is #1 most hostile by far.

Yeah. They are in a class by themselves, yet somehow remain totally classless. Rude, crude, obnoxious, and just plain disgusting. Northern rednecks pretty much sums it up. Other than that, they're OK.  ;D
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2024, 01:52:43 PM »
Snoop

Are you going to the BET this year?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2024, 02:12:41 PM »
I've been to the BET a few times and would personally label the fanbase hostility as follows:

UCONN
(oceanic gulf)
SJU/Providence
Nova/Seton Hall
Marquette/Creighton
X/Butler/Gtown
(black hole gulf)
DePaul

The Marquette/UCONN semifinal was one of the wildest atmospheres I've ever been in before.
The most satisfying win I'd ever seen in person for MUBB, sending those arrogant pretty boys home with Tyler/Oso/Kam in foul trouble the entirety of the second half.

I'm not thrown off by any opposing fanbase at a BET after that, and I'm sure the guys feel the same way.

This looks fair to me. I don’t mind a little barking, but yeah… last year sitting at MSG, UCONN was extra loud. Well, until the end.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2024, 02:27:26 PM »
We should beat Providence at home.

A win over Creighton secures 2nd place and at least gives us a chance to tie UConn.

Not exactly. Depends on Seton Hall too.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2024, 02:30:09 PM »
I have been to BET a few times also and would agree UConn is #1 most hostile by far.

Providence fans are the worst.

Maybe it's because I've spent my entire life in Connecticut other than 4 years in Milwaukee, but I've never had issues with UConn fans who are all around me all the time.  Many of them know I'm a Marquette fan also and also a Xavier dad.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2024, 02:39:10 PM »
10.5 point favorite tomorrow.
VIOLENCE!

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2024, 02:45:15 PM »
I don't think my experience last year was typical, but the UConn fans in front of us on Friday night were really nice. That might have been because they were kind of isolated from other UConn fans, but I don't think so. They had a son at UConn who was doing something with the media during the game (he was dressed in khakis and a polo and came up to say hello at halftime). They were really disappointed after the game. I almost felt bad for them

That has been my experience.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2024, 03:01:14 PM »

Applying things I’ve learned from Dodds over the years, this could be a tough 4 games for MU. It could challenge the 4 game swoon that ended the 2019 season.

Tomorrow, Providence, which is fighting for its tournament life, comes in fresh and rested as they haven’t had a game since last Wednesday. MU meanwhile had to play on Sunday and will likely have tired legs.

Then Saturday at Creighton is Senior Day. The Jays are likely to come out sky  high and make every shot they take like Seton Hall on its Senior Day against MU
in 2011.

Then next Wednesday against UConn MU will need an almost perfect game, but they might be two jacked up with their families in town for Senior Night.

The following Sunday against Xavier will be a double challenge with the Muskies celebrating their Senior Day and needing a win to have any shot at an NCAA bid while MU will likely be suffering from a UConn hangover.

To make things worse Kam Jones, Mitchell, Ross, and Gold are all playing with injuries that are dramatically affecting their play, just like Sam Hauser in 19.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2024, 03:06:44 PM »
Also at the BET last year, and yes, the Friday atmosphere was electric. Winning was so so sweet. After Saturdays game we were in a bar and had a nice time with some other X and Creighton fans.
There were UConn fans who also just resented that there were no East coast schools in the final, like it went against God’s law or something.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2024, 03:09:11 PM »
That's the longest teal post in Scoop history, wisblue!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2024, 03:29:14 PM »
We’re so fortunate to play the BET at the Garden every year. ACC & Big10 raging with jealousy.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2024, 03:30:06 PM »

Maybe it's because I've spent my entire life in Connecticut other than 4 years in Milwaukee, but I've never had issues with UConn fans who are all around me all the time.  Many of them know I'm a Marquette fan also and also a Xavier dad.

Do they take video of cheerleaders too?

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2024, 03:38:07 PM »
Snoop

Are you going to the BET this year?

Not this year. We decided to visit family and have a short vacation enroute in lieu of the BET this year.

I hope you are going. It's a lot of fun and we thoroughly enjoyed our other trips.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2024, 03:42:30 PM »
That's the longest teal post in Scoop history, wisblue!

Too bad he couldn't squeeze in something about a school having a "young team!", "young team!".

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2024, 03:49:05 PM »
Too bad he couldn't squeeze in something about a school having a "young team!", "young team!".

The freshmen and sophomores should be hitting the wall.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2024, 03:52:55 PM »
The freshmen and sophomores should be hitting the wall.

Nice.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2024, 03:58:30 PM »
Does Fiserv have the same bad shooting background as the BC?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Boone

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2024, 04:01:47 PM »
In recent years, Dudds has also introduced a second-wall theory from his seemingly bottomless bag of excuses
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 04:04:35 PM by Boone »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2024, 04:10:37 PM »
In recent years, Dudds has also introduced a second-wall theory from his seemingly bottomless bag of excuses

OK, for sh*ts and giggles I went over to that board and their topic on court storms and saw this gem.

"one of th reasons why the '82 Brewers did not win the world series....was that after beating California in a dramatic game 5...the fans stormed the field and started hugging Ben Oglivie as he was running in from LF....after Carew bounced out to Yount...he hurt his ribs and was not able to supply the power hitting that he did that entire yr..."

LOL. He hurt his ribs when he ran into a wall. Which is why Mark Brouhard started Game 4 and famously had a big game.

But of course...elipses...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow