Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SOTG  (Read 5971 times)

SlowJoe

• Scholarship Player
Re: SOTG
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 09:54:52 PM »
Sam

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 09:55:13 PM »
Just to avoid group think, I'm gonna go with Greg.  4 steals and 4 blocks, including the big one in OT, plus a few good offensive plays like the drive near the end of the second.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 09:56:22 PM »
Sam, and let us never speak of EIU again.

Their coach with the beard and open shirt collar looked pretty awesome though.

Charlie Spoonhour’s son.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2017, 09:58:06 PM »
1. Sam
2. The merciful end of this game

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2017, 10:04:02 PM »
40 minutes / 30 points.  I think this happens more than once this year from Sam.  10/15, 6/10, 4/4... awesome line.  Oh, and 9 boards + 4 assists. 
#SamTONBA?
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2017, 10:34:44 PM »
  Team played a great game through adversity.

Please tell me you're one of those guys who doesn't use teal.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2017, 10:39:59 PM »
It's Sam, too much offense not to give him the nod....but....his defense was attrocious tonight. Worst I've ever seen him play on that side of the floor. He was usually on Starks and that man took him to school all night.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2017, 10:44:21 PM »
Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2017, 10:45:54 PM »
It's Sam, too much offense not to give him the nod....but....his defense was attrocious tonight. Worst I've ever seen him play on that side of the floor. He was usually on Starks and that man took him to school all night.

Sam was "out athleted" by Starks, as was everyone in our starting line up except Sacar. Even their 5'2" 105 lb pg won the athletic battle at his position.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2017, 10:46:28 PM »

I would totally agree with this. Loose with the ball, too. His shooting saved himself - and his team.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2017, 11:07:08 PM »
NOBODY.

On an abomination like tonight's game, giving a stud award is an embarrassment to those who earned it.

No stud for barely beating an Illinois Directional. They should all be sent to the corner to think about what they did!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2017, 11:11:27 PM »
NOBODY.

On an abomination like tonight's game, giving a stud award is an embarrassment to those who earned it.

No stud for barely beating an Illinois Directional. They should all be sent to the corner to think about what they did!

If nobody played well, fine. But Sam scored an efficient 30 and without him we lose big. It's deserved.

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2017, 02:17:43 AM »
Definitely Sam, but also just getting a bit more excited each time I see Elliott & Cain play.  Still a ways to go but you can see the confidence unfolding more each game, and the athleticism is coming alive.  Elliott had two really nice buckets inside, and they both were “this close” to having Sportscenter-worthy dunks this season.  They are getting there.  When was the last time we had a player with 4 blocks and 4 steals in a game??  On the other hand, I haven’t been as impressed with Theo the last few games.  Hope he gets back on track.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2017, 05:44:24 AM »
Please tell me you're one of those guys who doesn't use teal.
A three year starter, leader and one of the only upper class men quits before the game and it doesn't mess with people?
Great recovery MU!

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2017, 05:52:51 AM »
I thought it was a great game.  Eastern Illinois had some extremely good players.  They challenged us the entire game and we didn't crack.  While we all wish we were a Blue Blood that crushes everyone, that is just not the case.  Take the W and get the new players up to speed as number one priority.  More minutes for the new guys whose ceilings we don't know yet.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 06:50:12 AM »
Hauser did all the heavy lifting,it seemed he was waiting for someone, anyone to spark some offense and when no one did, he just took over. Our younger guys should watch closely how he plays the game.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2017, 07:06:02 AM »

I'm Sorry if winning this game offended some of us.   
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 07:15:17 AM »
NOBODY.

What are you complaining about? We got five extra minutes of basketball excitement at no additional charge.
Have some patience, FFS.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 07:23:37 AM »
dgies9156

Well said. We played a lousy team at home and barely won.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 07:35:08 AM »
In Dec 2012, we lost to Green Bay. Four months later, Green Bay capped its 18-16 with a first-round CIT loss to Bradley ... and we reached the Elite Eight.

I'm not saying we are an Elite Eight team. That would be silly. I'm not even sure we're a bubble team. But college basketball history is filled with just the kind of results that happened last night ... except the major-college team that performs horribly actually lost.

I was happy to nominate Sam for SOTG, and I'm glad to see his photo on this page again.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2017, 07:43:40 AM »
What are you complaining about? We got five extra minutes of basketball excitement at no additional charge.

+1

People seem to forget that even the best seasons have disheartening losses and near-miss wins.  Long-term, we avoided a costly loss after a surprising departure, got valuable playing time for our frosh guards, and still took home a W.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2017, 07:47:30 AM »
NOBODY.

So after the game tonight, I wondered was going to be the first to post something like this.  It happens every year.  Like clockwork.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2017, 07:59:45 AM »
MU82

The GB loss was discussed at length at our house post game last night. That night I was pissed off and could not believe it, last night I thought it was mildly amusing that we they could have lost. Good news for me is that at this point I no longer get pissed off.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2017, 08:19:28 AM »
MU82

The GB loss was discussed at length at our house post game last night. That night I was pissed off and could not believe it, last night I thought it was mildly amusing that we they could have lost. Good news for me is that at this point I no longer get pissed off.

That's funny, Goose, because I did get a little pissed off for a few seconds last night. And then I turned to Mrs. 82 and said, "I'm being ridiculous. It's a basketball game." And I was able to relax and enjoy the game a lot more. Although "enjoy" might not be the right word. More like you, I was mostly bemused! I don't believe that means either of us is any less a "fan" just because we aren't throwing stuff against a wall or screaming at the TV.

If anything, I was much more frustrated listening to Dickey than watching the Warriors.

Bottom line, I'm glad we won. For a team with tourney aspirations - and I do believe we still have them - winning while playing like crap is 1,000 times better than losing while playing reasonably well. Even very good teams suffer these kinds of performances quite often - and unlike us, they actually lose the games. It sometimes even happens to Elite Eight teams!

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2017, 08:22:00 AM »

I'm Happy for ya.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

feedback