[May 08, 2024, 07:39:19 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UCONN stomping Bucknell, no fatigue from  (Read 1917 times)

79Warrior

• All American
UCONN stomping Bucknell, no fatigue from
« on: March 17, 2011, 07:51:38 PM »

5 straight in BE tourney.

JD

• All American
Re: UCONN stomping Bucknell, no fatigue from
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 08:02:15 PM »
Fatigue??  I really don't understand how some fans think fatigue is a factor?  These are 18-23 year old men.

Not that this has anything to do with basketball but I've played 3-4 games in 80+ degree heat in one day for soccer tournaments and fatigue wasn't ever a factor or a thought.

Go warriors!
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 08:41:23 PM »
They've had four full days off, why would they be fatigued? UConn looks primed for a Final Four run, and has the region in which they can do it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

DavantesInferno

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 08:44:52 PM »
Seriously these guys are used to playing at least 2-4 games a day in AAU ball.  I don't really think fatigue is a factor.

willie wampum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 08:46:26 PM »
Seriously these guys are used to playing at least 2-4 games a day in AAU ball.  I don't really think fatigue is a factor.

I don't know, the impossible task of playing 3 games in 3 days was the common excuse around here for MU's blowout loss vs Louisville.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 10:44:58 PM »
I don't know, the impossible task of playing 3 games in 3 days was the common excuse around here for MU's blowout loss vs Louisville.

Thank you for getting my point.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 10:57:08 PM »

Hah. You are beyond pathetic.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 11:47:22 PM »
Not that I was one of the posters making excuses for fatigue, but using the argument that UConn won despite fatigue didn't work for Looeyville who lost to frickin Moorehead State after getting to the Big East Championship game.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 05:59:57 AM »
Thank you for getting my point.

Excellent point.  That is why no one ever complained about crean practicing too hard late in the season.  Fatigue never plays a factor in a game.  These are 18-23 year olds, so why would they EVER be fatigued.  We have the evidence, a someone played 3-4 soccer games in a day (against competition that likely did the same).  Others have pointed out how their athletic prowess allowed them to play at top form and condition by playing sports on consecutive days.  This obviously translates perfectly to D1 basketball where one team is playing it's 3rd consecutive game against another playing it's 1st.  Very accurate analysis on this board.

Congrats to UCONN.  Most times teams that play 4 consecutive games, much less 5, in their conference tourney struggle in the NCAA (see MU/Providence as an example).  They have been an exception.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:18:31 AM by MUMac »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 07:54:46 AM »
There were plenty of posters using that as the excuse/reason we lost to Louisville. It only applies to MU, and has been thoroughly debunked. It is a BS excuse.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 08:11:09 AM »
There were plenty of posters using that as the excuse/reason we lost to Louisville. It only applies to MU, and has been thoroughly debunked. It is a BS excuse.

No, it was not THE excuse or reason.  It was A reason for how we played.  Louisville's shooting and our inability to stop their 3's were the MAIN reason why we lost.

As for the "BS excuse", frankly, that comment is a pile of BS on it's own.  Just because one team has won in these circumstances does not, I repeat, DOES NOT, mean MU was not fatigued when they played Louisville.

Your logic is only slighly more bewildering than your basketball knowledge.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:14:17 AM by MUMac »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 09:10:19 AM »
Wouldn't be shocking if UConn lost to the Bearcats.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 09:11:39 AM »
No, it was not THE excuse or reason.  It was A reason for how we played.  Louisville's shooting and our inability to stop their 3's were the MAIN reason why we lost.

And our fatigue was presented by many here as the main reason why we couldn't adequately defend their 3's.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
And our fatigue was presented by many here as the main reason why we couldn't adequately defend their 3's.

And many who felt MU was fatigued did not present that as the main reason why UL hit all those open 3's. 

So what?  Not everyone agree's.  Are we going to have pissy threads that pertain to select people everytime?  If UCONN wins again, can we expect another wonderful thread, such as this?  If they lose, will the other side give an "I told you so" thread?  It becomes old, tiring and adds nothing of value.

Man, these threads become obnoxiously droll.

JD

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 11:04:40 AM »
Excellent point.  That is why no one ever complained about crean practicing too hard late in the season.  Fatigue never plays a factor in a game.  These are 18-23 year olds, so why would they EVER be fatigued.  We have the evidence, a someone played 3-4 soccer games in a day (against competition that likely did the same).  Others have pointed out how their athletic prowess allowed them to play at top form and condition by playing sports on consecutive days.  This obviously translates perfectly to D1 basketball where one team is playing it's 3rd consecutive game against another playing it's 1st.  Very accurate analysis on this board.

Get off your moms tit bro, not everybody is a kitten.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL