[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

The unthinkable happens and we lose the next two. You're on the BOT. Do you...

Fire Wojo before the BET and give the reins to Stan for a mini-March interview.
13 (7.2%)
Let Wojo try and redeem himself with March success.
62 (34.3%)
Lock Wojo up with an extension - 2 NCAAs in a row is PROGRESS!!
21 (11.6%)
Arby's
29 (16%)
Do nothing. Revisit next season.
56 (30.9%)

Total Members Voted: 181

Author Topic: The Unthinkable & you're the BOT.  (Read 6997 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: The Unthinkable & you're the BOT.
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2020, 11:56:27 AM »
All I can say is it was from two people that would 100% know. I trust them.

Will second this. There seems to be some disagreement on how far the process actually went, but he definitely listened.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2020, 11:57:40 AM »
During intros on Saturday, the video board cut to the student section quickly after Wojo was announced, so there were actually more students booing the student section than there was booing Wojo.

They’ve definitely sped up the coach intro in the last few games. Does Wojo acknowledge the students walking out? I remember that being a cool think with Crean and Buzz. However, the set up of the Fiserv probably doesn’t allow that.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2020, 12:05:32 PM »
During intros on Saturday, the video board cut to the student section unusually quick after Wojo was announced, so there were actually more students booing the student section than there was booing Wojo.

Student on student booing? Love it, considering the west student seats were only two thirds full at intros (but filled in to 90% after tip).

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2020, 12:26:05 PM »
During intros on Saturday, the video board cut to the student section unusually quick after Wojo was announced, so there were actually more students booing the student section than there was booing Wojo.

So the audible boos I heard in section 109 during the Wojo introduction were actually a second level booing by students for the students that were on the video board who were initially booing Wojo?

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2020, 01:06:35 PM »
They’ve definitely sped up the coach intro in the last few games. Does Wojo acknowledge the students walking out? I remember that being a cool think with Crean and Buzz. However, the set up of the Fiserv probably doesn’t allow that.

Crean definitely did it, that was one of his big things.  Not sure about Buzz.  I’ve never seen Wojo do it, but the set up to Fiserv certainly would allow it, especially with students sitting on both sides.  Probably a little late for him to start at this point, though.  Especially since there’s no home games left!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2020, 01:19:02 PM »
Hey - everyone's a critic. I guess that was redeem with March Success but that's only because in my mind there is no way anyone would keep him on after two epic end of seasons collapses if he loses out including BET and NCAA.

In my mind there is no way anyone outside of a blue blood (or Texas) would fire him after making the NCAA tournament, especially a second consecutive NCAA tournament.

If Wojo loses the next 4 games, he will not be fired. He won't be extended either.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2020, 01:26:59 PM »
In my mind there is no way anyone outside of a blue blood (or Texas) would fire him after making the NCAA tournament, especially a second consecutive NCAA tournament.

If Wojo loses the next 4 games, he will not be fired. He won't be extended either.

I don't think it will happen, but going 2-14 to finish two consecutive seasons when you have an all-american on the roster would be pretty abysmal.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2020, 01:31:32 PM »
“Do nothing. Revisit next season.” The mantra during Wojo’s tenure.

If we happen to lose 3 of our next 4...it’s time to move on.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2020, 04:26:31 PM »
“Do nothing. Revisit next season.” The mantra during Wojo’s tenure.

If we happen to lose 3 of our next 4...it’s time to move on.

It's the mantra of most coaches. Most offseasons don't end in an extension or firing. Most end in do nothing.

You can say that all you want, but you are asking Marquette to do something that only one other non-blue blood has done in at least a decade (I think it's actually a lot longer but haven't checked). And that one school that did watched the former coach lead his next team to a 1 seed while their sexy new coach led them downward.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2020, 04:49:51 PM »
It's the mantra of most coaches. Most offseasons don't end in an extension or firing. Most end in do nothing.

You can say that all you want, but you are asking Marquette to do something that only one other non-blue blood has done in at least a decade (I think it's actually a lot longer but haven't checked). And that one school that did watched the former coach lead his next team to a 1 seed while their sexy new coach led them downward.

Does it matter if Barnes is struggling right now?