[Today at 01:13:53 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:22:07 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shakahowski  (Read 34143 times)

Farley36

• All American
Re: Shakahowski
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2022, 05:13:27 PM »
So, you don’t follow any other of the teams at Marquette?  Got it

There is only one team at Marquette that matters and we all know it.  If Men’s basketball is no good, every other team will suffer for it.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2022, 05:15:39 PM »
Incredible and depressingly predictable the whining in this thread and on the scoop as a whole. Marquette lost to a final four team after making the tournament unexpectedly in the new coach’s first year. I get it wasn’t fun to watch these past six weeks, but c’mon.

Did UNC beat Marquette so bad that they just advanced then all the way to the final four like getting a card in Monopoly to move directly to Go?

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2022, 05:24:27 PM »
Incredible and depressingly predictable the whining in this thread and on the scoop as a whole. Marquette lost to a final four team after making the tournament unexpectedly in the new coach’s first year. I get it wasn’t fun to watch these past six weeks, but c’mon.

Cool. We're only a 32 point improvement from being a Final Four team.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2022, 05:38:41 PM »
Everyone please be patient.  Shaka needs 4 to 5 more years before we can judge how he’s doing.   If by then things haven’t turned around we will require 5 or 6 additional years to judge his replacement.  The fact that the team regressed the last third of the year and was embarrassed in the tourney is nothing to be concerned about.   We have a strong core of role players and an adequate group of freshman coming in.  We also have the portal where we can continue to add players that we pump up to be studs before they step on the court but who play like duds once the games start.   Nobody worry.  If we just keep saying it’s fine, then it has to turn out fine, right?

If you keep saying it's hopeless, then it has to be hopeless forever - no matter what, right?

A few weeks ago, you were fellating Shaka. Now he's gotta go because the program is doomed.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2022, 05:43:46 PM »
If you keep saying it's hopeless, then it has to be hopeless forever - no matter what, right?

A few weeks ago, you were fellating Shaka. Now he's gotta go because the program is doomed.

Not once has I said he has to go.  It’s just silly though how many people on this board want to make excuses and stick their heads in the sand.   If what I posted was fellating Shaka, you must be bent over with cheeks spread wide.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2022, 05:45:50 PM »
McDermott lost all five of his starters, added nine new players and is battling Kansas in the second round despite losing significant players to injury.

And he used the word “plantation” which was supposed to make recruiting impossible.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2022, 05:51:46 PM »
Not once has I said he has to go.  It’s just silly though how many people on this board want to make excuses and stick their heads in the sand.   If what I posted was fellating Shaka, you must be bent over with cheeks spread wide.

Well, you ridicule anybody who calls for even a little patience when it comes to judging Shaka ... so if you don't think patience is warranted, that means you think he's gotta go.

But what you say doesn't apparently matter anyway. You said yesterday that you were done. You declared yourself to no longer care about the Marquette basketball program.

And yet you've made dozens of posts since then, which is odd for somebody who no longer cares. So I guess you're just a liar?

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2022, 06:21:14 PM »
Well, you ridicule anybody who calls for even a little patience when it comes to judging Shaka ... so if you don't think patience is warranted, that means you think he's gotta go.

But what you say doesn't apparently matter anyway. You said yesterday that you were done. You declared yourself to no longer care about the Marquette basketball program.

And yet you've made dozens of posts since then, which is odd for somebody who no longer cares. So I guess you're just a liar?

I’m only here for you old timer. 

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2022, 06:23:43 PM »
Did UNC beat Marquette so bad that they just advanced then all the way to the final four like getting a card in Monopoly to move directly to Go?
Let’s see what happens next weekend.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2022, 06:24:26 PM »
Cool. We're only a 32 point improvement from being a Final Four team.
You thought this team should have been FF-caliber? lol

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2022, 06:33:05 PM »
Let’s see what happens next weekend.

Until then I’m with you.  I’m going to pray every night that God sees it for to send UNC to the final Four.  That way we all can point to that as the reason for losing by 32 points and we can feel good that we’re headed in the right direction.  We also might be able to hang a banner since we beat them last year.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2022, 07:14:55 PM »
Until then I’m with you.  I’m going to pray every night that God sees it for to send UNC to the final Four.  That way we all can point to that as the reason for losing by 32 points and we can feel good that we’re headed in the right direction.  We also might be able to hang a banner since we beat them last year.
This reply is about as funny as the average Chris Farley movie.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2022, 07:23:25 PM »
I’m only here for you old timer.

Quitter.

EasyDuzIt

• Walk-On
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2022, 08:34:17 PM »
McDermott lost all five of his starters, added nine new players and is battling Kansas in the second round despite losing significant players to injury.

he's been at Creighton for awhile now...not really a good comparison to a brand new coach who had to piece together a roster...it was a top 25 recruiting class... then you have Prosper, Oso, and Kolek who will only get better...And i bet shaka brings in 1 or 2 big time transfers...thats not even considering Lewis..Im super excited about the future with Shaka and look forward to it...get ready for some good basketball

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2022, 08:41:43 PM »
he's been at Creighton for awhile now...not really a good comparison to a brand new coach who had to piece together a roster...it was a top 25 recruiting class... then you have Prosper, Oso, and Kolek who will only get better...And i bet shaka brings in 1 or 2 big time transfers...thats not even considering Lewis..Im super excited about the future with Shaka and look forward to it...get ready for some good basketball

I am in with you!!

Viper

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2022, 09:00:23 PM »
I’d pay for players and hire top level assistants
then we shoulda hired Sean Miller

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2022, 09:01:36 PM »
Have not seen evidence that we are heading in right direction based on last month and tourney smackdown. Maybe we are, maybe we are not.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2022, 09:04:59 PM »
then we shoulda hired Sean Miller

I am happy to be an alum of a school that isn't part of an FBI investigation.  It does feel pretty good not to be associated with miscreants and malfeasance. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 09:29:19 PM by bradforster »

MU86NC

• Starter
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2022, 09:16:27 PM »
That is pretty funny!!!  More Wojo though…..

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2022, 10:15:45 PM »
All those judging Shaka solely on this year me game after this overachieving year are embarrassing themselves. Did that loss suck? Absolutely! Is it acceptable? No! But those writing off Shaka already are nuts and sounds stupid to any knowledgeable college basketball fan. Don’t embarrass yourself and this MU fan base. It sounds stupid.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2022, 10:32:24 PM »

The only silly response is yours.  What do you think it accomplishes?
Maybe if enough of us get together and get mad then we can march to….. and demand that they…… or maybe if we all stop going then they’ll…… or if they know that we want different results then they’ll…… or maybe if we post enough on a forum nobody with any power reads then they’ll…..
It’s Full steam ahead after year one no matter how angry you get. Nobody is happy about the loss, but we understand how this process goes and don’t care for pissing in the wind.

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2022, 10:37:58 PM »
Well said Rushmore.  Maybe some prefer to start with a 13-19 season and then a slight improvement and losing Big East season after that and build up to a tourney appearance in a subsequent year rather than an overachievement in year one. Not me.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2022, 11:27:56 PM »
All those judging Shaka solely on this year me game after this overachieving year are embarrassing themselves. Did that loss suck? Absolutely! Is it acceptable? No! But those writing off Shaka already are nuts and sounds stupid to any knowledgeable college basketball fan. Don’t embarrass yourself and this MU fan base. It sounds stupid.

Hm, is anybody writing off Shaka for one game?  No.  There's a lot more of Shaka's history to evaluate.

I'm also not writing off Shaka at all.  He gets 2 more years to prove he *still* belongs with the big boys.  But lets not pretend that we're dealing with an unknown assistant that needs time to grow like our previous coach.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2022, 05:52:53 AM »
Sorry pal. The people that embarrassed themselves were the ones on the receiving end of that embarrassing 32 point smackdown. Worst 8/9 debacle ever. The honeymoon is over. Shaka needs to bring in better talent and get his big boy pants on immediately. Deflect your criticism all you want. But remember the embarrassing finish over last month of season. Beat by DePaul. 3 losses to Creighton and a laughing crush by NC. There lies the embarrassment

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2022, 05:57:03 AM »
Hm, is anybody writing off Shaka for one game?  No.  There's a lot more of Shaka's history to evaluate.

I'm also not writing off Shaka at all.  He gets 2 more years to prove he *still* belongs with the big boys.  But lets not pretend that we're dealing with an unknown assistant that needs time to grow like our previous coach.
Yes Rocky. The voice of reason. Agree. Two more years. But after this years ending, that window is starting to close. Time for Shaka to roll up his sleeves, prop the window open, and clean the glass.

feedback