[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Explosions in Kiev  (Read 51438 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Explosions in Kiev
« Reply #375 on: March 01, 2022, 06:35:03 PM »
Poles to supply MIG-29s to Ukraine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWoIPrQfth4

Maybe not.

European plan to donate fighter jets to Ukraine collapses

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/european-plan-to-donate-fighter-jets-to-ukraine-collapses/ar-AAUraGd?ocid=msedgntp

Soon after, a Ukrainian government official told POLITICO their country had sent pilots to Poland to pick up the jets and the Ukrainian parliament announced that the planes from Slovakia, Bulgaria and Poland would soon be on their way. But by Tuesday, Bulgaria and Slovakia said there was no deal to send fighters, and the Polish president, appearing at a Polish air base alongside NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg, said no planes would be flying any time soon.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #376 on: March 01, 2022, 08:03:12 PM »
Don't know if this is true or psyops, but:

Enemy column destroyed in Mykolaiv Region consisted of 800 vehicles
https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3417480-enemy-column-destroyed-in-mykolaiv-region-consisted-of-800-vehicles.html

An enemy column of military vehicles, which was destroyed by the Ukrainian air forces, military and territorial defense units near the city of Bashtanka, Mykolaiv Region, consisted of 800 vehicles.
The relevant statement was made by Dnipropetrovsk Regional Council Head Mykola Lukashuk on his Facebook page, an Ukrinform correspondent reports.

“In the afternoon, we received information about the Russian military column, moving towards Kryvyi Rih from Bashtanka and consisting of about 800 wheeled vehicles. Our defenders reacted immediately, preventing the enemy from entering Dnipropetrovsk Region. The column was attacked from the air; the occupiers were hit hard,” the report states.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #377 on: March 01, 2022, 08:15:16 PM »
This conflict is personality driven, not institution driven.   NATO is likely to emerge stronger and more united.   Russian military might is not what our worst case scenario led us to believe.
Russia will be isolated until Putin is gone.
Nuclear arsenal in the hands of a madman is the issue.   What will Russian generals do if Putin orders armageddon?

FWIW
There was a US Defense tweet this morning that said along the lines of.
-We have great Intel.
-Putin in not mentally unstable
-Putin is typically calm behind doors (old KGB training)
=-ntel said he's been non stop screaming and throwing fits at aides, ministers, military, etc which is very atypical.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #378 on: March 01, 2022, 10:03:48 PM »
Billy, stop bringing unrelated US politics into this.  Just stop.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #379 on: March 02, 2022, 11:19:09 AM »
Billy, stop bringing unrelated US politics into this.  Just stop.

Sorry, I brought up what those known Russian sympathizers Rachel Maddow and former Sec. Hillary Clinton discussed on that GOP propaganda machine, MSNBC, and directly answered a question as to why people in the US are supporting Putin.  ::)
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #380 on: March 02, 2022, 12:30:51 PM »
Sorry, I brought up what those known Russian sympathizers Rachel Maddow and former Sec. Hillary Clinton discussed on that GOP propaganda machine, MSNBC, and directly answered a question as to why people in the US are supporting Putin.  ::)

Well then, enjoy march madness without posting here!

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #381 on: March 02, 2022, 12:52:43 PM »

DAAAAAARN

tower912

• All American
« Reply #382 on: March 02, 2022, 12:58:52 PM »
Swift and decisive action against a bad actor.   A metaphor for our times.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #383 on: March 02, 2022, 01:19:52 PM »

Cancel culture

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #384 on: March 02, 2022, 01:23:13 PM »
Consequence Culture
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #385 on: March 02, 2022, 02:03:50 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #386 on: March 02, 2022, 04:25:23 PM »

« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 04:26:59 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #387 on: March 02, 2022, 04:30:04 PM »
How many bannings does that make for Clan Bailbonds? Gotta be a record.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #388 on: March 02, 2022, 04:37:14 PM »
Money may turn out to be the biggest weapon in blunting Putin's ambitions.

Germans Seize Russian Billionaire Alisher Usmanov’s Mega-Yacht
https://www.forbes.com/sites/giacomotognini/2022/03/02/germans-seize-russian-billionaire-alisher-usmanovs-mega-yacht/?sh=6c852cc952dd

"Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov was sanctioned by the European Union on Monday. Two days later, Forbes has learned from three sources in the yacht industry that one of his prized possessions—the 512-foot yacht Dilbar, valued at nearly $600 million—has been seized by German authorities in the northern city of Hamburg.

Usmanov purchased Dilbar in 2016 for a reported $600 million from German shipbuilder Lürssen, which custom-built it for him over 52 months. The firm calls it "one of the most complex and challenging yachts ever built, in terms of both dimensions and technology." At 15,917 tons, it's the world's largest motor yacht by gross tonnage, and is typically manned by a crew of 96 people. Dilbar boasts the largest swimming pool ever installed on a yacht as well as two helicopter pads, a sauna, a beauty salon, and a gym. Its plush interiors have more than 1,000 sofa cushions and it can host up to 24 people in 12 suites."

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #389 on: March 02, 2022, 04:41:21 PM »

Weak sauce.

#freenotchicos

tower912

• All American
« Reply #390 on: March 02, 2022, 04:53:32 PM »
Weak sauce.

#freenotchicos

#heedmultiplewarnings

You can only warn your toddler so many times before you give them a time out.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #391 on: March 02, 2022, 06:00:54 PM »
India is an interesting player in all of this from a macro perspective.  Obviously they have had deep ties to Russia for a long time.  I'm wondering if they could be convinced to distance themselves?  It sounds like we're trying to get them on board. 

I'm also thinking if there might be some covert op to take Putin out?   The Poles have a very good Delta type force.  The sad truth is that we're dealing with a colossal asshat who is evil and dangerous. 

Obviously we don't want WWIII but if he eventually usurps Ukraine, no matter how ugly it gets, isn't the threat of an expanded war or confrontation between superpowers greater?  We know exactly what his goals are.  Now maybe the Ukrainians cripple him to the point where he can't attack the Batics or Eastern Euro NATO states for some time.   At the same time I feel there could be a coup in Russia and icing him might lead to an immediate surrender?  I'm just throwing stuff out there but my dominant thought is that stopping him relatively soon could be the best decision.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #392 on: March 02, 2022, 07:03:19 PM »
India is an interesting player in all of this from a macro perspective.  Obviously they have had deep ties to Russia for a long time.  I'm wondering if they could be convinced to distance themselves?  It sounds like we're trying to get them on board. 

I'm also thinking if there might be some covert op to take Putin out?   The Poles have a very good Delta type force.  The sad truth is that we're dealing with a colossal asshat who is evil and dangerous. 

Obviously we don't want WWIII but if he eventually usurps Ukraine, no matter how ugly it gets, isn't the threat of an expanded war or confrontation between superpowers greater?  We know exactly what his goals are.  Now maybe the Ukrainians cripple him to the point where he can't attack the Batics or Eastern Euro NATO states for some time.   At the same time I feel there could be a coup in Russia and icing him might lead to an immediate surrender?  I'm just throwing stuff out there but my dominant thought is that stopping him relatively soon could be the best decision.

His people stopping him is the only rational way out of this.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #393 on: March 02, 2022, 07:07:56 PM »
His people stopping him is the only rational way out of this.

That seems plausible.  What would the Cadre do there if say a Denzel or Liam Neeson type assassin snuffed him? 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #394 on: March 02, 2022, 07:09:29 PM »
That seems plausible.  What would the Cadre do there if say a Denzel or Liam Neeson type assassin snuffed him?

Assassination of a head of state is usually pretext for a declaration of war.

I put the odds of this happening at 0.1%.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #395 on: March 02, 2022, 07:12:58 PM »

Though, Poland owes Russia a few assassinations
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #396 on: March 02, 2022, 07:17:57 PM »

So if someone made him future fertilizer in the GROM, your concern is a pretext of war?  Meaning what exactly?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #397 on: March 02, 2022, 07:20:03 PM »
I'm a fan of the GROM reading a bit about them.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #398 on: March 02, 2022, 07:38:08 PM »
So if someone made him future fertilizer in the GROM, your concern is a pretext of war?  Meaning what exactly?

I am assuming he means that's Poland declaring war on Russia.

You seem really attached to the idea of escalating events that leads us closer and closer to nuclear weapons being used

reinko

• All American
« Reply #399 on: March 02, 2022, 07:39:02 PM »
Weak sauce.

#freenotchicos

Does your hashtag include #chicosjr

feedback