collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Explosions in Kiev  (Read 51408 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Explosions in Kiev
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2022, 08:18:38 PM »
F*ck Putin.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2022, 08:42:28 PM »
?

Just read it a couple days ago. I’ll try to find it again.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2022, 08:43:57 PM »
Putin makes it clear nukes are in play if anyone interferes.

Yet some in America continue to support him.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2022, 08:45:59 PM »
Putin makes it clear nukes are in play if anyone interferes.

Yet some in America continue to support him.

Who is supporting him in America?   I  guess I missed that.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2022, 08:52:27 PM »

Man you're trying to make Rocky work for his paycheck today

tower912

• All American
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2022, 09:02:12 PM »
I am going to honor Rocky's warning.   Google 'Americans supporting Putin. '
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2022, 09:14:13 PM »
I am going to honor Rocky's warning.   Google 'Americans supporting Putin. '

Tucker Carlson is the first thing that came up.  I don't watch that guy.  But I don't think any rational person "supports" Putin.  I know some dumb things have been said but I assume both sides are politicizing stuff.  This is not the time to be poltical.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2022, 09:18:03 PM »
Google “Putin savvy genius”.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2022, 09:19:15 PM »
Or 'Putin not woke. '
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2022, 09:21:19 PM »
At this rate, the situation in Ukraine is almost gonna be as deadly as the Marquette campus.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2022, 09:22:21 PM »
You are conceivably right.  The Finns were inordinately successful in WW2.  Of course this is a much different world but they took out a lot of guys while zooming around on skis.  Putin is a real, real, real, scumbag.  I'm wondering if there could conceivably be a coup if this is not a quick occupation?  I would imagine his initial goal is a puppet state like Belarus. The best result I see would be a prolonged insurgency.

That's the goal.  Putin wants to remove the government and replace it with one of his choosing.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2022, 09:22:56 PM »
Well those are asinine comments but I don't think they mean support of Putin's actions.  I don't think we need to go down this road and discuss actual policies that have gotten us to this point.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2022, 09:23:14 PM »
CNN just had a very interesting interview with Colonel Vindman.
Wrote about why they would invade 3 weeks ago.  Has some new article in The Atlantic this morning.
What he's seen so far is surprising him.. 
1) Russian military is overestimated/overrated and highly ineffecient and not as organized as expected  He's not seeing them accomplishing key goals very quickly.
2) Ukrainian military has been underestimated.  Russians will have to deal with Snake Island attitude all over the country.  Inflicting more damage so far than expected.
3) Numerous and we'll attended anti-war demonstrations all over Russia
+++ Yes Russian military is large and the favorite here, but it's early on and war is unpredictable but can see a possibility it getting dragged on combined with unrest at home causing the invasion to fall apart.

Doesn't think Putin wants to cross the NATO line because he knows it's the end and there is no scenario where Russia wins.  Their military definitely knows this

Mentioned concerned Russians will repeat Syria.  Most don't know there time there was not very good   300 Russian soldiers died before making one kill so they started attacking churches and schools

MU_B

• Walk-On
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2022, 09:26:16 PM »
At this rate, the situation in Ukraine is almost gonna be as deadly as the Marquette campus.

Go to bed, this was really stupid.
Willfully misinformed.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2022, 09:29:08 PM »
Wrote about why they would invade 3 weeks ago.  Has some new article in The Atlantic this morning.
1) Russian military is overestimated/overrated and highly ineffecient and not as organized as expected  He's not seeing them accomplishing key goals very quickly.
2) Ukrainian military has been underestimated.  Russians will have to deal with Snake Island attitude all over the country.  Inflicting more damage so far than expected.
+++ Yes Russian military is large and the favorite here, but it's early on and war is unpredictable but can see a possibility it getting dragged on combined with unrest at home causing the invasion to fall apart.

Doesn't think Putin wants to cross the NATO line because he knows it's the end and there is no scenario where Russia wins.  Their military definitely knows this

Mentioned concerned Russians will repeat Syria.  Most don't know there time there was not very good   300 Russian soldiers died before making one kill so they started attacking churches and schools

It would appear that Russia is also being very strategic. So far, it looks like they are not trying to inflict substantial human casualties, but rather degrade Ukraine's ability to mount a significant defense.

Let's hope that is the case, and stays that way.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2022, 09:32:27 PM »

Is it possible to get Germany in particular out of their reliance on Russian oil?  It sounds like that's the main problem with SWIFT being enacted.  I mean can you give the Germans an ultimatum of sorts on this issue?

Jockey

• All American

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2022, 09:48:15 PM »

He was making fun of 4Ever. If you haven't read the comments in another thread, it would be hard to get the meaning.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2022, 09:49:20 PM »
Is it possible to get Germany in particular out of their reliance on Russian oil?  It sounds like that's the main problem with SWIFT being enacted.  I mean can you give the Germans an ultimatum of sorts on this issue?

You don't give ultimatums like that to an ally.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2022, 10:41:59 PM »

What? Too soon?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2022, 03:28:33 AM »
I saw a headline that made me chuckle

Russians Take Chernobyl

Colonel Ivanovich:
Ok boys we will sleep here tonight That big concrete dome over there should hold all of us Wasn’t it nice of the locals to offer it to us They all spoke of this place in glowing terms
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2022, 05:09:37 AM »
Putin is pure evil.  This is an absolute horror show for the Ukraine and a global catastrophe. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2022, 05:19:15 AM »
I did not see this yesterday. 
I see an article this morning that Putin threatened "severe retaliation" to the US and Europe if they put in place sanctions and they want to meet to negotiate this.  WTF?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2022, 05:24:09 AM »

Coincidentally, my wife is a little freaked because her parents live 40 miles from the Belarus border

She spoke to her parents yesterday and basically Polish news is saying the same.  Europe is wholly united for much more severe sanctions, but the Germans are the one and only holdout and they need to grow a spine

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2022, 07:28:59 AM »
Coincidentally, my wife is a little freaked because her parents live 40 miles from the Belarus border

She spoke to her parents yesterday and basically Polish news is saying the same.  Europe is wholly united for much more severe sanctions, but the Germans are the one and only holdout and they need to grow a spine

Agreed.  I think Western Democracies need to deal with reality.  And sadly because of how polarized we are politically here it makes things extremely difficult.  You can hate one party or the other but the fact is the 2nd and 3rd most powerful countries have governments that are ideologically evil and are determined to change the world order.

Germany is the absolute key here and if they're truly our ally they need to be on board with isolating Putin and finding other oil partners.  It's non-negotiable imo and this should be at the top of our priorities.  Putin crumbles like a Saltine once his oil stops holding Europe and us to a degree hostage.