[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone  (Read 146326 times)

VegasWarrior77

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone
« Reply #350 on: April 27, 2014, 11:19:38 PM »
Losing four of five starters that didn't make a tourney.  If MU was losing four of last year's five starters and had a top 5 recruiting class do you think anyone here might be optimistic?

UNLV 2014 commits (National rank)
SG Rashad Vaughn (No. 8)
SF Dwayne Morgan (No. 15)
C Goodluck Okonoboh (No. 31)
SG Patrick McCaw (NR 3-star)

Plus a transfer from San Francisco.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #351 on: April 27, 2014, 11:37:21 PM »
Everybody seems to think Stone to MU is a real possibility.  I would prefer to go after other guys, and if we get him, just be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!.  I tend to think there are a lot of MU fans that will be really disappointed if we don't land him.  The surprise will be if we do!  I would put the odds at less than 1/2 of 1 percent.  He will be like the typical local star who won't eliminate MU until the end. so the supply of game tickets does not dry up.  Just my thoughts.  I will bet my bottom dollar that he ends up at one of 5 schools.  KY, Duke, UCLA, Kansas or North Carolina.  Us MU fans want to believe he will come here, but with all the pressure, it's almost impossible for a top 10 guy to say no to one of those schools.  We would be better of if he was a fringe top 50 - 75 guy.
I disagree with your analysis. Young Mr. Stone is taking a very serious look at Marquette. There are many compelling reasons for him to attend school here. Marquette is a very desirable school for the student athlete. Look at Deonte Burton. He is thriving here. It is not uncommon for the hometown school to have the inside track. When Michigan State signed Magic Johnson, their program was in the bottom half of the Big Ten. Yet Johnson thought it was right for him. At the end of the day the family will decide what is right and I guarantee a local school of our quality is going to be given strong consideration.

mufansince72

• Starter
« Reply #352 on: April 27, 2014, 11:47:22 PM »
I disagree with your analysis. Young Mr. Stone is taking a very serious look at Marquette. There are many compelling reasons for him to attend school here. Marquette is a very desirable school for the student athlete. Look at Deonte Burton. He is thriving here. It is not uncommon for the hometown school to have the inside track. When Michigan State signed Magic Johnson, their program was in the bottom half of the Big Ten. Yet Johnson thought it was right for him. At the end of the day the family will decide what is right and I guarantee a local school of our quality is going to be given strong consideration.

I want you to be right. 

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #353 on: April 28, 2014, 12:30:09 AM »

It is between Marquette and UCONN as of right now. UCONN has the edge at the moment.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #354 on: April 28, 2014, 01:16:34 AM »
It is between Marquette and UCONN as of right now. UCONN has the edge at the moment.

Source?

Cause everything I have been hearing says that Marquette is the leader with UNC as a close second and Wisconsin as a distant third. I haven't heard mention of UConn.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #355 on: April 28, 2014, 05:54:39 AM »
Losing four of five starters that didn't make a tourney.  If MU was losing four of last year's five starters and had a top 5 recruiting class do you think anyone here might be optimistic?

UNLV 2014 commits (National rank)
SG Rashad Vaughn (No. 8)
SF Dwayne Morgan (No. 15)
C Goodluck Okonoboh (No. 31)
SG Patrick McCaw (NR 3-star)

Plus a transfer from San Francisco.

How can this be?  UNLV is not in the ACC?  Brent said only ACC schools are capable of these kind of recruiting classes.  Certainly not the mountain west!

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #356 on: April 28, 2014, 09:12:29 AM »
SD State & UNLV have recruited some great players.  Fisher has also coached the Aztecs well.  The jury is still out on UNLV's Dave Rice.

Will be interesting to see how Wojo does in the future now that he runs his own program.  I think/hope he's as good as advertised!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #357 on: April 28, 2014, 10:12:37 AM »
So, summarizing 15 page thread:

DS is not coming/never was coming/never considered/zero chance of coming to MU.
DS is a solid MU lean/MU is leading/taking a serious look at MU.

DS wants to play with his buddy Duane.
DS and Duane aren't that tight, and DS does not want to play with him.

DS will go to: MU or UW or UConn or UCLA(see location, academics, coach, bball, girls, etc.) or UNC or Kent or Duke or SMU.

It is MU vs. UW.
It is MU vs. UConn.
Don't be surprised if its UCLA.
UW lean.
When Calipari calls, DS will go there.
It is MU, then UNC, then UW.

Based upon this, I think that it is safe to say that DS' recruitment is still up in the air, No?

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #358 on: April 28, 2014, 10:26:15 AM »

DS will go to: MU or UW or UConn or UCLA(see location, academics, coach, bball, girls, etc.) or UNC or Kent or Duke or SMU.

It is MU vs. UW.
It is MU vs. UConn.
UW lean.

Based upon this, I think that it is safe to say that DS' recruitment is still up in the air, No?

+ Stone's family appears to like Wojo better than Brent, whom they saw for what he really is early on.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #359 on: April 28, 2014, 11:26:02 AM »

It is MU vs. UW.
It is MU vs. UConn.
UW lean.

Well done sir
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #360 on: April 28, 2014, 12:10:13 PM »

For Magic?  Awesome.  Could use a 6'9" PG.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #361 on: April 28, 2014, 02:32:55 PM »
If UConn has the edge, I think it's safe to sat that Diamond has not likely seen Storrs.

brandx

« Reply #362 on: April 28, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »
If UConn has the edge, I think it's safe to sat that Diamond has not likely seen Storrs.

After hurricane Katrina, Storrs was named "America's Best Place to Avoid Death Due to Natural Disaster."

So there's that.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #363 on: April 28, 2014, 05:03:27 PM »
After hurricane Katrina, Storrs was named "America's Best Place to Avoid Death Due to Natural Disaster."

So there's that.

Gotta believe Ollie's using that for all it's worth.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #364 on: April 28, 2014, 05:06:30 PM »

I'm thinking the quality of a basketball program is probably more important than the quality of the city the program is in when it comes to where a player who most likely thinks he will spend about 7 months of his life at when he is deciding where he will go to college.  National Champions > Nice city.  Just a hunch.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #365 on: April 28, 2014, 05:44:31 PM »

So there's that.

I'm pretty sure Stoors suffered more damage from Hurricane Sandy than Milwaukee did.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #366 on: April 29, 2014, 07:26:11 AM »

Storrs is cow town as much as that is possible in Connecticut. 
UConn has an agricultural school and even has their own cow herd where the milk ends up as ice cream at the famous UConn Dairy Bar.
They have been trying to address the ruralness by recently building a "Downtown Storrs" that has a square surrounded by shops, restaurants and a hotel since none of the above was available within walking distance beforehand.

Storrs made out better than the shoreline during Sandy.  I was without power for almost a week.  I had an interesting evening during that storm!

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #367 on: April 29, 2014, 09:13:46 AM »

Storrs made out better than the shoreline during Sandy.  I was without power for almost a week.  I had an interesting evening during that storm!

I hope it didn't involve milking a cow in the dark. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #368 on: April 29, 2014, 09:45:43 AM »
I hope it didn't involve milking a cow in the dark.  

I don't live anywhere near Storrs, relatively speaking, not compared to the distance from Wisconsin of course...........
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:30:39 AM by MU Fan in Connecticut »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #369 on: April 29, 2014, 11:21:16 AM »
Storrs is cow town as much as that is possible in Connecticut. 

You're just saying that because the city was founded by a cow.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #370 on: April 29, 2014, 05:33:49 PM »
Has anyone been on the boards of other schools to see what their "insiders" are saying?  Perhaps that would give us a bit of a better perception and less blasting each other. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #371 on: April 29, 2014, 05:35:24 PM »
Looking like UCLA.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #372 on: April 29, 2014, 05:35:43 PM »

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #373 on: April 29, 2014, 05:40:26 PM »
Inside info

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #374 on: April 29, 2014, 05:41:46 PM »
Why?  Link?

look on 247 everyone that was on MU is now switching to UCLA.  I did hear recently from inside Diamond does like us so knock on wood for a great last push. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback