[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mc-did-it.  (Read 12122 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Mc-did-it.
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2023, 06:59:57 PM »
I didn't give it a listen.  Do they think there's no chance MU wins the BET, but they have a legitimate shot?  I mean, whether or not they feel like they got screwed, let's pretend the calls they thought screwed them go their way.  So they win by 2 or 3 at home against Marquette, to tie MU in the standings.  What makes Creighton so much better that they have a shot while MU doesn't?  Again, comin off a home loss to MU to fall 2 games back in the BE standings.

I certainly think there's a legitimate shot. The most likely scenarios would be St. John's or Butler in our first game, where we likely win 90% of the time. Then UConn or the Providence/Xavier loser in our second game. We've beaten all of those teams already, but can also lose to any of them. Probably a 50/50 game regardless of who it is. Win that, and we get to the Final. Most likely against Creighton or the Xavier/Providence winner, with an outside shot at Villanova or Seton Hall making a surprise appearance. Again, all teams we have beaten at least once.

The hardest part will be getting to the Final, but if we get there, I think there's a good chance we win. I'd say probably 40% chance we get there, 60% chance we win if we do. Really too bad Seton Hall couldn't get to the 5-spot, I was hoping to see them on Friday. Love that matchup, but not meant to be.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2023, 08:28:32 PM »
I hope we have nothing to do with UConn the rest of the season.

MSG is essentially home court for UCONN.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2023, 10:16:38 PM »
I hope we have nothing to do with UConn the rest of the season.

Agree, but also think we face them in our second BET game. Awful matchup for us, but UCONN has run hot and cold throughout the BE season. MU, X, Creighton, UCONN, PC and as of late now Nova are all legit contenders.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2023, 07:44:25 AM »
Snoop

I agree that we will likely face them in the second round and that is life. I was more saying because they are a tough match up. To be honest, if we play them and lose, I do not want to hear the COLE's out in full force going into the NCAA. I am perfectly fine if we win or lose against them in BET, I hope all of the fanbase stay focused on the NCAA moving forward.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2023, 08:21:29 AM »
Snoop

I agree that we will likely face them in the second round and that is life. I was more saying because they are a tough match up. To be honest, if we play them and lose, I do not want to hear the COLE's out in full force going into the NCAA. I am perfectly fine if we win or lose against them in BET, I hope all of the fanbase stay focused on the NCAA moving forward.

But if they play UConn in the BE tournament and lose, that could signal the start of the March Meltdown….👀
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 08:23:50 AM by mugrad_89 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2023, 08:33:20 AM »
Yes, it could be the start of a 2 game losing streak.    I doubt it.   Win the next 4, lose to UConn in the second round,  meh.   More rest for the next week.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2023, 08:33:32 AM »
Snoop

The remaining COLES are either in full retreat or have confessed their sins and have found Jesus. If they dare try to trash talk this team for any reason, I call on scoop to launch a jihad on them.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2023, 08:36:33 AM »
But if they play UConn in the BE tournament and lose, that could signal the start of the March Meltdown….👀

March Malaise? 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2023, 08:37:14 AM »

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2023, 09:01:25 AM »
MSG is essentially home court for UCONN.
That, plus the fact that they are a matchup nightmare for us, is why I don't want to play them in the BET.  Seems unavoidable though.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2023, 09:51:11 AM »
That, plus the fact that they are a matchup nightmare for us, is why I don't want to play them in the BET.  Seems unavoidable though.

Last time we were at the BET, the UCONN fans were like 3-4,000 Dan Hurley clones.

No doubt it would be a hellish game for us, but let's wait until the final buzzer before writing the (probable) game off as a L.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2023, 09:58:49 AM »
Last time we were at the BET, the UCONN fans were like 3-4,000 Dan Hurley clones.

This seems like a big opportunity for the Scoop Photoshop department

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2023, 10:25:10 AM »
Field of 68 has a live broadcast going and its Zagarowski with an older player I vaugely remember Jahenns Manigat.

Its mostly just talking Creighton side of the game. But they had a pretty nice take on the controversy of the game ending calls.

Acknowledge some were suspect. But neither blamed the refs. Said it was on the team and Zag talked about how if he was on the team hed be telling the guys all the other ways they coulda won.

Manigat had a funny bit about the Omax flop to get the call. As a fellow canadian he said all canadians flop like that and he did it himself many times and appreciated Omax selling a crucial call.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 10:32:08 AM by PGsHeroes32 »
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2023, 10:29:38 AM »
This seems like a big opportunity for the Scoop Photoshop department

Maybe using The Real Slim Shady music video.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2023, 10:30:04 AM »
Field of 68 has a live broadcast going and its Zagarowski with an older player I vaugely remember Jahenns Manigat.

Its mostly just talking Creighton side of the game. But they had a pretty nice take on the controversy of the game ending calls.

Acknowledge some were suspect. But neither blamed the refs. Said it was on the team and Zag talked about how if he was on the team hed be telling the guys all the other ways they coulda one.

Manigat had a funny bit about the Omax flop to get the call. As a fellow canadian he said all canadians flop like that and he did it himself many times and appreciated Omax selling a crucial call.

Love the Canadian flop story!

I agree that Creighton coulda one two.  ;D

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2023, 10:31:50 AM »
Love the Canadian flop story!

I agree that Creighton coulda one two.  ;D

Haha stupid phone texting grammar
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2023, 11:10:21 AM »
The remaining COLES are either in full retreat or have confessed their sins and have found Jesus. If they dare try to trash talk this team for any reason, I call on scoop to launch a jihad on them.

Now I know why my ears are ringing.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2023, 11:15:07 AM »
Omax's flop was really quite spectacular, and if he can get away with it, he should definitely add it to his arsenal. He sold it so well that I was almost expecting an EMT team to rush onto the court with a gurney.

But...it needs a name. I had to switch sports to give it a Canadian ring and go with hockey-floppy. Not good enough. Your ideas?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2023, 11:18:29 AM »
It was a flop, but I don’t think it was something unique. I feel we get called for a foul like that each game.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2023, 11:23:27 AM »
I don't think it was an intentional flop.  The guy just falls down a lot.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2023, 11:23:53 AM »
Me, too.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2023, 11:35:43 AM »
Me, too.

On the not thinking he intentionally flopped, the falling down a lot, or both?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2023, 12:06:04 PM »

OK. Then how about his making sure the refs saw it? The drama of being prone on the floor was a nice touch.

romey

• All American
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2023, 02:07:00 PM »
Well, the BADgers do it every game, and how about Souley Boom when Stevie stole the ball at the top of the key and he looked like JFK in Dallas.  Gillen had a coronary.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2023, 03:09:00 PM »
  But there is no doubt that they are the whiniest fan base in the Big East.

89, I'm betting you've never set foot in Rhode Island. Friar fans are entitled and completely lacking in graciousness.