[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Let Badger Hate week commence!!!  (Read 39380 times)

MUSF

• All American
Re: Let Badger Hate week commence!!!
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2013, 01:21:46 PM »
I think it largely comes down to how well we are shooting. If Jake, Todd, and Jamil are hitting their shots outside, we win. If not, it could be ugly because UW will be able to focus all their attention on protecting the paint. I expect either a close MU win or a Badger blowout.

We haven't been a good outside shooting team for quite some time, and yet the Badgers continually struggle to keep us out of the paint. I don't expect that to change. If we can contain them on D and limit offensive boards, I think we have a good chance to win. Either way, I would be surprised if we get blown out.

memorialspartans

• Walk-On
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2013, 02:31:22 PM »
If MU continues is pathetic outside shooting, they'll have no chance Saturday. Bucky will try to draw Otule and Gardner outside but might have trouble defending the paint on them. Dekker is a beast for which we have no answer...hoping we don't get blown out...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2013, 02:38:17 PM »
We haven't been a good outside shooting team for quite some time, and yet the Badgers continually struggle to keep us out of the paint. I don't expect that to change. If we can contain them on D and limit offensive boards, I think we have a good chance to win. Either way, I would be surprised if we get blown out.

Well, before the SDSU game, we did shoot 42.6% from beyond the arc in the three previous games out west. That would be top-25 in the country if we had been doing that all season.

When our shooters are on, we're tough to beat. When they aren't, we're very beatable. In their house, I could see it getting ugly if they're hitting and we're not. By blowout, I mean along the lines of Ohio State. For Wisconsin, 15 points is like 40 for a normal team.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2013, 02:57:02 PM »

Death on call

memorialspartans

• Walk-On
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2013, 03:08:09 PM »
I get sooooooooo sick of UW playing that plodding style...play basketball for crissakes!! Here's hoping Jamil shoots a better % than his height and we can keep the game respectable. Not a lot of confidence going into the "Kohl" with this year's team even though we've won there twice in the last 5 yrs.

We could really use Cadougan with all their guards this year...

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2013, 03:23:59 PM »
Anyone have the photo of Vander clapping his hands--with the caption someting to the effect of "And to think I almost went to Wisconsin and would have missed out on two Sweet Sixteens"--or something close to that?  Thanks.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2013, 03:40:03 PM »
Anyone have the photo of Vander clapping his hands--with the caption someting to the effect of "And to think I almost went to Wisconsin and would have missed out on two Sweet Sixteens"--or something close to that?  Thanks.
didn't UW get to sweet sixteens two of the last three years?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

memorialspartans

• Walk-On
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2013, 03:42:36 PM »
I might have the Vander photo you referenced...not sure if it's relevant now that his career is taking off in Israel. Just wish he would've stayed one more year cuz we could use him this Saturday. Has Vander had any "legal issues" in Israel? Has anyone heard anything about this???

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2013, 03:48:55 PM »
You are on a roll Spartan.  Yeah, WE could use him on Sat.  Big fan of the B and G hey?

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2013, 07:14:25 PM »

When our shooters are on, we're tough to beat. When they aren't, we're very beatable.

This is true of pretty much any basketball team at any level.

We aren't built to rely on the outside shot, and I don't think we need to in order to beat Bucky.

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2013, 07:48:03 PM »
I get sooooooooo sick of UW playing that plodding style...play basketball for crissakes!!

MU scored 35 points against OSU, that's plodding. Also, UW averages 6 more PPG while playing a tougher schedule. All that out the window, It's going to be a very competitive game on Saturday.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013, 08:49:07 PM »
MU scored 35 points against OSU, that's plodding. Also, UW averages 6 more PPG while playing a tougher schedule. All that out the window, It's going to be a very competitive game on Saturday.

Points per game is not an indication of pace.  Bo's style is to play at an unwatchable crawl, but very efficiently.  UW is #293 of 351 in adjusted tempo, which is lightning fast for them.  Last year they finished #318 of 347, in 2011-12 they played at the slowest pace in the nation, #345, and second slowest in 2010-11.  The positive for them is that they're 13th in offensive efficiency this year, an unusually bad 108th last year, and 20th the prior year, and #3 in 2010-11.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013, 08:51:34 PM »

Nope, that's missing a ton of shots and generally playing really bad offensive basketball. The PPG number isn't exactly the indicator you think it is.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013, 09:01:27 PM »

You are arguing with another Wisky troll.......on an MU board no doubt.

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2013, 12:09:38 AM »
As I say each year when this gets posted... hate week?

memorialspartans

• Walk-On
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2013, 09:34:19 AM »
You are on a roll Spartan.  Yeah, WE could use him on Sat.  Big fan of the B and G hey?

I am a WARRIOR fan!!

Just calling 'em like I see 'em....

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2013, 09:45:04 AM »
Clearly unbiased with NO agenda. Interesting that you just joined this week and have nothing but backhanded compliments. GO MU!

memorialspartans

• Walk-On
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2013, 11:29:14 AM »
Clearly unbiased with NO agenda. Interesting that you just joined this week and have nothing but backhanded compliments. GO MU!

Hey I go waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back..."Pops" Sims, Logterman, the Kevin O'Neill "experiment", Mike Deane, Anglavar, Artie Green, Ollie Lee, Merritt, etc. Don't question my loyalty We R Final Four...go Warriors!!!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2013, 11:30:44 AM »
Hey I go waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back..."Pops" Sims, Logterman, the Kevin O'Neill "experiment", Mike Deane, Anglavar, Artie Green, Ollie Lee, Merritt, etc. Don't question my loyalty We R Final Four...go Warriors!!!

I don't doubt this...but why did you name yourself after a high school?

memorialspartans

• Walk-On
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2013, 11:40:41 AM »

I don't doubt this...but why did you name yourself after a high school?

My son went to JMM and just think of the MU stars the school has produced! I am proud of that legacy!!

JD

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2013, 01:03:10 PM »
I'm calling it like i see it too..  Badger troll.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2013, 02:34:38 PM »
My son went to JMM and just think of the MU stars the school has produced! I am proud of that legacy!!

Tim Maymon everybody!!   ;D

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2013, 02:45:59 PM »
Tim Maymon everybody!!   ;D

I really hope that memorialspartans actually is Tim Maymon! This would make my day.

memorialspartans

• Walk-On
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2013, 03:15:47 PM »
I really hope that memorialspartans actually is Tim Maymon! This would make my day.

I'm not Tim Maymon but still proud of the "ballers" that JMM has sent to MU! :)

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2013, 05:10:59 PM »
I'm not Tim Maymon but still proud of the "ballers" that JMM has sent to MU! :)

Could you pretend to be Tim Maymon for my amusement?

feedback