'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MUDPT
[May 04, 2024, 10:05:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[May 04, 2024, 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Thank You Markus Howard  (Read 6683 times)

GoldenDieners32

• All American
Re: Thank You Markus Howard
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 08:47:06 PM »
Feel terrible for Markus, Sac, and Jayce. Thank you all for the effort and hard work all represent the program well

DarkWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2020, 08:47:47 PM »
Thank you for some of the best basketball I have ever witnessed!

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2020, 08:51:52 PM »
Thank you Markus for being Markus. Magical at times. We won’t see one like him again.

Thank you Sacar for the redshirt year and commitment to the program. The growth was amazing to see.

Thank you Jayce for trusting this program for your transfer year. Loved this guy by the end of the year and wish we had another year of him.

connie

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2020, 08:55:45 PM »
Thanks for the good, the not so good, and everything in between.  Really enjoyed watching Markus play in a MU uniform.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2020, 09:47:22 PM »
Feel soooo bad for these guys.  Still believe the tourneys should have gone on without fans.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2020, 09:58:21 PM »
I just got on Scoop to start a thread thanking Markus. You beat me to it.

He was as good of a representative as this university has ever seen with its athletes. It was great watching him play for 4 years. Hopefully, he can get on the right team and start a career in the NBA. He was absolutely one of the top 5 Warriors of all-time - even to a guy like me that is partial to the old-timers under Al.

Jockey

+1 to everything but your last sentence - great kid, outstanding player, most dynamic scorer in MU history. Butch and Dean are the guards on my all time MU first team, though.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2020, 10:30:51 PM »
Thank you, Markus. Legendary career at Marquette. Looking forward to following your next chapter. Much love.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2020, 10:57:27 PM »
Markus, all-time great.  I will miss watching Markus light up the scoreboard.  Against Providence, Creighton in OT, Buffalo, K-State...wow!  I will always remember the Buffalo and K-State games, being there in person I could not believe what I was witnessing.  Those games game me chills.  High character, high achiever.

Sacar, unbelievable worker.  A true Warrior.  Will be very successful in life.  High character, as well.

Jayce, hard working, high motor, great rebounder.  Wish you were here longer.

Thank you to all three.

Retire 0 next season!

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2020, 12:08:43 AM »
I have never had the thrills watching a player that I did watching Markus. Everything he did was marvelous. I have to thank him for fulfilling my grandest expectations regarding basketball. I really hope that he reads this BB.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2020, 12:33:33 AM »
Feel very crapty, both for Markus and selfishly. I know the team was charging downhill and a run was unlikely, but you can't convince me there wasn't at least a 50% chance he goes off for 35+ in an opening round win. He deserved that, at least. Damn.

The only friendly counter is say to this is I used to experiment with close to 10 different systems for picking March madness success, and how hot a team had been (basically was their www.kenoom.com rating going up or down and by how much the last month) was consistently the one that did not work at all. Without getting into the weeds, a team on average performs about as good as it's kenpom rating and it makes no difference if they've improved or dropped during the stretch. We remember the exceptions - UConn's miracle run our sweet 16 year, Duke a few years ago, but mu's rating predicted a 50-50 first game.

Remember the losses too, went up against the best player in the tournament in 1st round - morant last year and thornwell in South Carolina the first year. And the not run in between was nice and showed they could win.

We will never know, but I believe the could well have come out like they did against Butler and win a game.

And just to see two of the sporting news' 5 1st team All-America players tonight with Markus against Myles would have been awesome.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2020, 09:28:53 AM »
Still coming to terms that there will be no March Madness (or, really, any sports in general) for a while.  Regardless, many thanks to Markus (and Jayce and Sacar) for their wonderful contributions to our basketball program, our school and our community.  Markus was a generational talent, whose scoring talents on the court were only superseded by his amazing contributions to our school as a representative and ambassador for Marquette.  I wish each of our seniors good luck in their future endeavors, and will look forward to seeing what level of opportunity that Markus ends up with at his next stop.  Thank you.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2020, 09:57:09 AM »
Well, good luck to all three guys of course, but Markus especially. All the comments above are correct and well-earned. We won't see his like again. So sad that it ends without even a whimper.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2020, 10:02:42 AM »
I feel a lot for the seniors. This sucks. While the late season wasn't what we wanted to see, I definitely feel like there was some magic left to be unleashed from Markus and the squad.

Thanks Markus. You were a thrill to watch on the court and are a great person off of it. Insane how easy you made 30 points look night in and night out. I hope I get to see you play at the next level.

Sacar. You've been a thrill to watch grow. In a "me first gratification" game, it took a lot of humility to sit out a year and grow your game. It worked out for the better too. You've become a much more dynamic player than you were when you stepped on campus. Keep growing that confidence and you can have a great career.

Jayce. You're a beast. Only got to see you for a year, but you have more competitive fire than I have seen on this team in a long time. In your mind, every rebound is at minimum a 50/50 ball. Hell, might be 70/30 for you in your mind. I hope your junkyard mentality gets passed onto the players that are here next year.

Sucks that it all ends like this. You all deserved better--one last run to test your mettle. Thank you for making the winters a little less crappy and Marquette a whole lot better.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2020, 01:49:45 PM »
This is just no way for a great player like Markus' college career to end. A damn shame. Thank you for the memories #0, best of luck at the next level wherever that may be.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2020, 01:53:01 PM »
Any comments by the seniors or Wojo anyone noticed? Social media, on the news, youtube, etc.?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2020, 01:55:45 PM »
Any comments by the seniors or Wojo anyone noticed? Social media, on the news, youtube, etc.?

Markus tweeted "its been a dream"
Maigh Eo for Sam

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2020, 11:14:11 AM »
In Arizona. I wish we could play the Badgers again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Steph__Sutton/status/1239004294562668545
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton