collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MUDPT
[Today at 10:05:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[Today at 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bucky Choking Down The Stretch  (Read 29286 times)

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: Bucky Choking Down The Stretch
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2017, 11:16:32 AM »
Would any of you not cheer your brother on if he played for UW?

I'm assuming that's a rhetorical question.

Of course I wouldn't.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2017, 11:37:54 AM »
Of course......however, I would have beat his ass when he verbaled.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2017, 11:52:10 AM »
Does not compute! 
Had I played for UW, I'd have killed myself by now. 
Had my brother played for UW, we would no longer be speaking.

Ethan Happ needs to really think about his future.  He is ALL UW has next year.  Having no shot outside of 2 feet will really limit his NBA aspirations, so he might want to consider another school.  The UW train is at the end of the line.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 11:54:22 AM by 94Warrior »

Mu2323

• Starter
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2017, 11:54:23 AM »
Does not compute! 
Either I would have had to play for UW, meaning I'd have killed myself by now. 
Or my brother would have played for UW, meaning we would no longer be speaking.

Ethan Happ needs to really think about his future.  He is ALL UW has next year.  Having no shot outside of 2 feet will really limit his NBA aspirations, so he might want to consider another school.  The UW train is at the end of the line.

I understand as a MU fan that we are supposed to say things of this nature. But the train is not even close to the end of the line. Wisconsin has its best recruiting class ever coming in next year. I would not be suprised to see them back in the final four in  2019 or 2020.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 11:56:46 AM by Mu2323 »

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2017, 12:04:11 PM »
I understand as a MU fan that we are supposed to say things of this nature. But the train is not even close to the end of the line. Wisconsin has its best recruiting class ever coming in next year. I would not be suprised to see them back in the final four in  2019 or 2020.

Another Frank Kaminsky or Ethan Happ is not coming through that door.  Lightning doesn't strike 3 times. 
Had Frank not blown up, Bo would just be another shameful, dirty old man who would have never sniffed a Final 4.
If UW can't get it done with 4 extremely talented and experienced senior starters plus a sophomore who Happens to be their best player, they won't be getting it done when 80% of those guys are gone.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2017, 12:34:40 PM »
Another Frank Kaminsky or Ethan Happ is not coming through that door.  Lightning doesn't strike 3 times. 
Had Frank not blown up, Bo would just be another shameful, dirty old man who would have never sniffed a Final 4.
If UW can't get it done with 4 extremely talented and experienced senior starters plus a sophomore who Happens to be their best player, they won't be getting it done when 80% of those guys are gone.

I hope so, but I feel like this has been said about UW many times. Yet every year, some benchwarmer who looked like a wasted scholarship the year before ends up becoming a stud. Bo had that magic. Does Gard, his hand picked successor have the same ability? We will find out next season.

Also, I think it's interesting that we are Bucky's 2nd or 3rd best win this season behind @Minnesota and possibly Maryland at home.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:37:03 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2017, 12:49:16 PM »
I hope so, but I feel like this has been said about UW many times. Yet every year, some benchwarmer who looked like a wasted scholarship the year before ends up becoming a stud. Bo had that magic. Does Gard, his hand picked successor have the same ability? We will find out next season.

Also, I think it's interesting that we are Bucky's 2nd or 3rd best win this season behind @Minnesota and possibly Maryland at home.

Different coach, different times.  Gard won't have Bo's magic.  I'd be willing to bet Gard won't be coach in 3 years.  His fanny will be getting toasty in two weeks if his team decides to mail it in, in their first round game.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2017, 12:51:20 PM »
A decent string of success over the last couple decades.
Back-to-back national championship games with no title.
A big-name coach who catches everyone off-guard by jumping ship.
Teams that are in the top 10 one week and out of the rankings a couple weeks later.
Insufferable fans with short memories who think their program is the greatest ever.

Congratulations, Bucky.  You're the new Butler.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2017, 12:56:24 PM »
Different coach, different times.  Gard won't have Bo's magic.  I'd be willing to bet Gard won't be coach in 3 years.  His fanny will be getting toasty in two weeks if his team decides to mail it in, in their first round game.

I will take that bet.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2017, 01:03:05 PM »
Of course......however, I would have beat his ass when he verbaled.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2017, 01:26:25 PM »

Again, I hope so. Can't stand the Vadgers. But I don't see him being gone in three years. Time will tell.
TAMU

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2017, 01:29:07 PM »
You Sconnies would probably know better than I, but I work with a few pretty big Badger fans (I live in Minneapolis), and they aren't exactly pleased with Gard. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2017, 02:00:01 PM »
You Sconnies would probably know better than I, but I work with a few pretty big Badger fans (I live in Minneapolis), and they aren't exactly pleased with Gard.

This is a fact, although the couple season ticket holders I talk to regularly call out the seniors on that team first, mainly Hayes. But they want more fire out of Gard than they're seeing.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2017, 02:08:36 PM »
This is a fact, although the couple season ticket holders I talk to regularly call out the seniors on that team first, mainly Hayes. But they want more fire out of Gard than they're seeing.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2017, 02:09:25 PM »

DAMN! Bocephys beat me to it
TAMU

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2017, 02:10:20 PM »
LOVE THAT

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2017, 02:32:04 PM »
I would definite sit Hayes on the bench.  He hurts the rodents with is careless play.  Besides he can't shoot, can't jump and doesn't run.

I think the train has left Madison and fans will only have football to root for in the next few years.  Their basketball program is trending downhill and the only saving grace is that the entire Big Ten also stinks.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2017, 02:59:24 PM »

Badgers have 17 players listed on the roster. To your point above, it will be interesting to see who emerges for them next season.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2017, 03:08:35 PM »
This is where I am an Aristotelian.  On the one side we have people posting here saying the Badgers can just get a new coach and they still dominate basketball and another group says the Badgers will not be going to the tourney for the foreseeable future.

My guess is the reality lies somewhere in between.  Those who think that losing Bo Ryan,  one of the great basketball minds,  will have little impact on the program were underestimating him.  And those who think without him they are done are underestimating the Badgers program.  After all,  Wisconsin has a TOP TEN athletic budget.

I do believe though the Elite Eights and Final Fours are going to a distant memory.  Though they still will be factor in the Big Ten and the country.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2017, 03:18:59 PM »
This is where I am an Aristotelian.  On the one side we have people posting here saying the Badgers can just get a new coach and they still dominate basketball and another group says the Badgers will not be going to the tourney for the foreseeable future.

My guess is the reality lies somewhere in between.  Those who think that losing Bo Ryan,  one of the great basketball minds,  will have little impact on the program were underestimating him.  And those who think without him they are done are underestimating the Badgers program.  After all,  Wisconsin has a TOP TEN athletic budget.

I do believe though the Elite Eights and Final Fours are going to a distant memory.  Though they still will be factor in the Big Ten and the country.
I can agree with that!  They won't be bottom feeders, but the days of Final 4s & Big Ten Champs are OVER.  People are already grumbling about Gard.  The next few yrs will be fun. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2017, 06:10:49 PM »
Hayes has really amazed me in a negative way. Watching him as a freshman, he looked like a future stud. When he added the three as a sophomore, he looked terrifying. I thought he'd be the next Badger beast that went from unheralded to All American.

Oh what a difference a few years makes. He has completely failed to continue his growth and become the player he looked like he could be. Not sure there's anyone that much better coming behind him, either. At least after Happ, that is.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2017, 06:19:35 PM »
ND sucks

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2017, 07:16:32 PM »
Hayes has really amazed me in a negative way. Watching him as a freshman, he looked like a future stud. When he added the three as a sophomore, he looked terrifying. I thought he'd be the next Badger beast that went from unheralded to All American.

Oh what a difference a few years makes. He has completely failed to continue his growth and become the player he looked like he could be. Not sure there's anyone that much better coming behind him, either. At least after Happ, that is.

Remember when we thought Cheatham would be our all time leading scorer?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2017, 07:30:11 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2017, 07:48:12 PM »
A decent string of success over the last couple decades.
Back-to-back national championship games with no title.
A big-name coach who catches everyone off-guard by jumping ship.
Teams that are in the top 10 one week and out of the rankings a couple weeks later.
Insufferable fans with short memories who think their program is the greatest ever.

Congratulations, Bucky.  You're the new Butler.
Bucky played in back to back title games?