[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Does MU have a long wait list?  (Read 12283 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Does MU have a long wait list?
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2018, 11:25:00 AM »
Porky doesn't know if people want to feel superior necessarily, but they should certainly feel comfortable about where they're attending and given the substantial $$$ it costs to attend a private school like Marquette, many many people aren't comfortable shelling out that kind of money for a school with an 89% acceptance rate, no matter how strong the incoming metrics and favorable the outputs.  To those who feel that way of thinking is ass backwards, that acceptance rates have no bearing on quality, blah blah blah well congratulations!  They're 100% correct! The problem, as other posters have pointed out, is that way of thinking is alive and well and isn't going to change anytime soon unless every national university colludes together....to use the parlance of our times......and starts taking the pragmatic approach that Marquette has taken.  We all know that's not going to happen.  The sad thing is MU has succeeded in both growing the undergraduate population, and not just maintaining but INCREASING the academic quality of the incoming classes the last 2 years, but mark Porky's words......they will absolutely be penalized for it.   That's not how it should be but it is how things are.  That the powers that be don't seem to give a sh*&%t boggles Porky's mind.

You are wrong on the bolded.  There are so many rankings based on so much criteria that the marketplace is starting to see through it.

theBabyDavid

• Scholarship Player
  • pretty stinkin' cute
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2018, 05:15:03 PM »
Middle of the road, hey?

I say it's time to take The Zizzo Group off the leash. Marquette will skyrocket up the rankings with a solid Gold reputation for excellence.
"I don't care what Chick says, my mom's a babe" 

theBabyDavid

Disco Hippie

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2018, 10:01:10 PM »
I say it's time to take The Zizzo Group off the leash. Marquette will skyrocket up the rankings with a solid Gold reputation for excellence.

What is Zizzo?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2018, 10:30:35 PM »
What is Zizzo?

I hear a Zizzo roams along the same professional plains as a Chicos

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2018, 08:53:36 AM »
Tink he mayof ment Jizzo, hey?