[Today at 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Doug Gottlieb  (Read 17208 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Doug Gottlieb
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2019, 11:27:37 AM »
Love the comparison. According to that description I might stick around haha.

The XU students were super passionate. Awesome atmosphere. I got there about an hour before-hand to snag those seats and up until about 20 til the tip I was getting chirped really hard which was totally expected and hilarious. Then a security guard came up and told them no swearing or middle fingers for PR’s sake.

That turned out to be the end of my baptism by fire and then they were total class acts the entire rest of the game. Post-game they were shaking my hand and buying me a drink or two!

A day you'll remember forever.  And remember to pay it forward when we've got some visitors at Fiserv.  Stupid Freshmen listen to Seniors when they hear 'keep it civil dude'.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2019, 12:39:28 PM »
Gottlieb on Jeff Goodman’s podcast - Good N Plenty advocating ND to leave ACC for Big East. Argument is that while ACC is a better conference, ND gets washed out by the top end and always will.  Also argues that they are not even getting the best academic kids- UVA, Duke, Throws in Northwestern and then adds MU as competing with UND for the kind of kids we get - “the Hauser boys” (and Goodman chimes in with -“they are white” and skilled).  Really an awkward conversation.

https://overcast.fm/+NqkVinS_M

https://overcast.fm/+NqkVinS_M

That is awkward.

I thought Notre Dame would regret the move to the ACC but I thought it would be their football program that would struggle and basketball program would thrive. Turns out I was bassackwards on that one.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2019, 12:48:05 PM »
That is awkward.

I thought Notre Dame would regret the move to the ACC but I thought it would be their football program that would struggle and basketball program would thrive. Turns out I was bassackwards on that one.

Acc is an absolutely horrible fit for ND, in all areas but $$.  If i was an ND alum, and most of them live in or around  BE cities, i would not be happy.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2019, 01:05:11 PM »
Acc is an absolutely horrible fit for ND, in all areas but $$.  If i was an ND alum, and most of them live in or around  BE cities, i would not be happy.

Not really. The ACC puts ND in prime football recruiting areas -- Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. That helps as their traditional recruiting states - Ohio, Illinois and Michigan -- don't provide them as much as they used to.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2019, 01:29:38 PM »
That is awkward.

You weren't wrong.

ND hoops has had a very good last half decade. Couple of Elite Eights. NCAA appearances outside of that. ND football is relevant on a national level once every five years.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2019, 01:35:33 PM »
You weren't wrong.

ND hoops has had a very good last half decade. Couple of Elite Eights. NCAA appearances outside of that. ND football is relevant on a national level once every five years.

The trends show the opposite. ND basketball went from back to back Elite Eights to a Round of 32 to an NIT to a likely no postseason. ND football went from a 9-4 record to competing in the college football playoff.

5 years to judge a conference realignment  ;D
TAMU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2019, 01:47:03 PM »
That is awkward.

The ACC move by Notre Dame was done because said they wanted a better neighborhood to house their  "Olympic Sports" .  It is all these non revenue sports where they have lots of  alumni that give them big bucks.

ND got exactly what they wanted with the ACC by driving a hard bargain that was to their advantage in football. They locked in 5 medium difficulty games a year and then could rotate their traditional big opponents.  Brian Kelly is a proven coach who will keep that program competitive.

Basketball has had it's moments, but I don't think they are going to be consistently able to compete for the type of players necessary to propel them to be at the top of the ACC.

However in all respects ND sucks.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2019, 02:46:08 PM »
Not really. The ACC puts ND in prime football recruiting areas -- Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. That helps as their traditional recruiting states - Ohio, Illinois and Michigan -- don't provide them as much as they used to.

Notre dame has recruited well nationally for 50+ years. 
The people that are hurt are the ND alums in the NE.  That now have to travel to college towns in the SE part of the country to see their team.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2019, 03:42:22 PM »
The trends show the opposite. ND basketball went from back to back Elite Eights to a Round of 32 to an NIT to a likely no postseason. ND football went from a 9-4 record to competing getting blown out in the college football playoff.

5 years to judge a conference realignment  ;D

FIFY
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2019, 04:32:57 PM »
FIFY

That is an excellent correction. My post was not in the proper spirit of "ND sucks" as all posts should be.
TAMU

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2019, 06:59:08 PM »
Aside from the idiotic comment on race, I agree ND would be better off with the BEast if they are going to stay independent in foosball.

My left hand was always independent in foosball. Great at scoring with the right, though. Does MU’s EGames scholarship table include foosball?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2019, 10:09:00 PM »

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2019, 08:30:28 AM »

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2019, 10:39:42 AM »

I have a Todd Loffredo game-worn jersey signed and framed and hanging in my basement.
Authentic; worn during the 1983 Pan-Malaysian Championships.
Make me an offer.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2019, 11:06:39 AM »
I have a Todd Loffredo game-worn jersey signed and framed and hanging in my basement.
Authentic; worn during the 1983 Pan-Malaysian Championships.
Make me an offer.

Is it home or road?  If it's '83 the gray road jersey, I'll trade you my home white 1980 signed Mike Bowers jersey, and I'll throw in the home white slacks complete with the tie-front belt!  Forged Certificates of Authenticity included.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

feedback