[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Official Cubs Playoff page  (Read 31697 times)

RawdogDX

• All American
The Official Cubs Playoff page
« on: September 22, 2008, 10:50:41 AM »
Been a great season and it is ending with our 2nd consecutive division title, the first time we've won two in a row since 1908.
We finished first in the NL in runs, AVG and OBP.  Are pitching staff has three stud starters, a good number 4, as well as a world class bull pen.

Any one want to throw out some perdictions for october? 

mu-rara

• All American
Re: The Official Cubs Playoff page
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 11:01:01 AM »
typical Chicago frontrunner, supporting both teams. 

My dad grew up on the South Side.  He'd rather drink piss than cheer for the Cubs.  If you had any cajones, you'd pick one team.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:05:54 AM »
Did you read my other post?  Perhaps comepare the two?  I was making fun of southsiders like your dad.  And How is supporting both teams a 'typical chicago frontrunner' since NO ONE does that?  You really think your dad is special?  At least it seems like he was special enough to get drunk and drop you on your head as a baby like a typical southsider.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 11:21:12 AM »
typical Chicago frontrunner, supporting both teams. 

My dad grew up on the South Side.  He'd rather drink piss than cheer for the Cubs.  If you had any cajones, you'd pick one team.

I pick the Cubs, but I also enjoy seeing the Sox do well. I grew up watching both teams, and the Sox have a lot of quality, likeable guys. People like your father that have such a hatred for the Cubs are what creates the unnecessary bad blood. They play six times a year... get over it.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 12:15:32 PM »
Yeah, most the irrational hatred comes from people who carry shanks.

I'm not a north sider or south sider cause I grew up down town.  (312 baby, if you don't live in it then you might as well be in a subburb)  My mom and grandad are huge sox fans.  I talk a lot of crap but don't hate the other team. 

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 05:09:23 PM »
Did you read my other post?  Perhaps comepare the two?  I was making fun of southsiders like your dad.  And How is supporting both teams a 'typical chicago frontrunner' since NO ONE does that?  You really think your dad is special?  At least it seems like he was special enough to get drunk and drop you on your head as a baby like a typical southsider.

It takes a big man to insult my da anonymously.  He's proud south side irish, wishes you Pog Mo Toin.

I guess he's just old school....As are most of the real Chicagoans I know over 45.  He was a Chicago Cardinal fan and never liked the Bears either, even after the Cards left in 1960.  My cousins are all over the suburbs and are all loyal to  one team or the other.  NEVER BOTH!

I have been assured by my saintly mother that I was never dropped on my head.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 08:14:16 PM »
I assure you, I've put myself in considerable danger of being shanked on many occasions by making fun of southsiders in person.  Because that's what southsider do.  Shank people.  Sometimes widows, orphans and puppies.

Ok, so no one cheers for both teams.  So how would it be typical if someone decides to? 

People from the subburbs can't tell city kids what to do.  They don't even live where the teams play, tell them to take their rules and go hang out around 27th ave till they piss themselves.  Your cousins are like southsiders without a shank, useless.  Could they ride their bike to either field?  I'd place money on it that you don't know a person who grew up in 312 as it is currently defined.

Glad to hear about your head, i retract that portion of my previous post.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 09:10:56 PM »
I just got the email from the Cubs and get to buy 2 tickets to the NLDS!!!! Hell yes bitches

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 09:27:25 PM »
spartan,

have I ever told you how great of a friend you are to me?

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 09:48:05 PM »
Ha ha, get in line robmufan... its probably 30 people long already

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 12:50:08 PM »
Just got my tickets! Game 2, Time TBD... Section 341 Row 3 (thats the upper section of the bleachers, they are reserved for the playoffs apparently)

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 07:45:59 AM »
as emailed to me by TallTitan,

If the brewers win the WC, it will be a night game most likely.

If the phillies/mets win it will be a day game

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 09:57:42 AM »
as emailed to me by TallTitan,

If the brewers win the WC, it will be a night game most likely.

If the phillies/mets win it will be a day game
You won't be playing the Brewers in the 1st round of the playoffs.  If the Wild Card comes from within the same division as the team with the best record then the Wild Card plays the team with the 2nd best record and the team with the best record plays the team with the third best record.  Teams from the same division can't play each other in the playoffs until the Championship Series.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 10:00:29 AM »
I don't think he's saying we'd play the Brewers. If the Brewers take the WC, we play the Dodgers (or possibly Arizona). Either way, that will most likely be a night game so it's not super early on the west coast.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 10:46:02 AM »
I don't think he's saying we'd play the Brewers. If the Brewers take the WC, we play the Dodgers (or possibly Arizona). Either way, that will most likely be a night game so it's not super early on the west coast.
Oh yeah makes sense
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 03:35:16 PM »
I assure you, I've put myself in considerable danger of being shanked on many occasions by making fun of southsiders in person.  Because that's what southsider do.  Shank people.  Sometimes widows, orphans and puppies.

Ok, so no one cheers for both teams.  So how would it be typical if someone decides to? 

People from the subburbs can't tell city kids what to do.  They don't even live where the teams play, tell them to take their rules and go hang out around 27th ave till they piss themselves.  Your cousins are like southsiders without a shank, useless.  Could they ride their bike to either field?  I'd place money on it that you don't know a person who grew up in 312 as it is currently defined.

Glad to hear about your head, i retract that portion of my previous post.

Typical of today's frontrunners...not old school Chicago.

We moved my grandmother out of 312 in 1971, right after her neighbor was shanked.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 05:36:54 PM »
Hmmm heres hoping that the game is late... that way I can take the day off Friday and spend the night in Wrigleyville. I'd rather not take two days off... so I guess go Brewers

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 03:28:58 PM »
I'm a White Sox fan, but my first loyalty is towards the greenbacks. That said, the Cubs released more tickets for a potential Game 5 of the NLDS at 2:00 pm today.

I just went on cubs.com and got two standing room only tickets. Don't know how much longer they'll be there, but this is my gift to you Cubs fans.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 06:13:04 PM »
Typical of today's frontrunners...not old school Chicago.

We moved my grandmother out of 312 in 1971, right after her neighbor was shanked.

312 in 1971 was almost the entire city.  They redid the area codes in the early 90's.  Hold on checking WIKI...

Actually 96.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_312

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 07:35:25 PM »
It looks like they have not announced game times for the first round.  Someone please tell me the two NL games won't be at the same time.  I am going to go out on a limb and guess that Fox would televise the Brewers in the Milwaukee market and not the Cubs games. >:(

Oh well, Pat and Ron have gotten me through the last several years, another few games couldn't hurt.

I think I will have to leave for work early tomorrow, because with all of the Brewers fans coming out of the woodwork today, the streets of SE Wisconsin could be crowded.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2008, 08:20:19 PM »
It looks like they have not announced game times for the first round.  Someone please tell me the two NL games won't be at the same time.  I am going to go out on a limb and guess that Fox would televise the Brewers in the Milwaukee market and not the Cubs games. >:(

Oh well, Pat and Ron have gotten me through the last several years, another few games couldn't hurt.

I think I will have to leave for work early tomorrow, because with all of the Brewers fans coming out of the woodwork today, the streets of SE Wisconsin could be crowded.

All NLDS and ALDS games are on TBS, not Fox.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2008, 08:35:03 PM »
Well that blows.  Pat & Ron it is!

Thanks for the quick response though.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 08:48:29 PM »
Well that blows.  Pat & Ron it is!

Thanks for the quick response though.

I'm confused...do they not show TBS in Milwaukee?

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2008, 09:16:35 PM »
I think he was referring to times overlapping between the Cubs and Brewers games... obviously in Milwaukee the Brewers will get TV preference over the Cubs

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2008, 11:26:17 AM »
312 in 1971 was almost the entire city.  They redid the area codes in the early 90's.  Hold on checking WIKI...

Actually 96.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_312

Where she lived is still 312....72nd and Crandon.

feedback