[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccinations & Antibodies  (Read 44954 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Vaccinations & Antibodies
« Reply #500 on: December 30, 2021, 03:23:18 PM »
Doc

They all are too old, only difference, we admit our guys are too old.

"We" who?

I'm pretty sure it's been my long running shtick that old people shouldn't be running the government.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #501 on: December 30, 2021, 03:25:14 PM »
Doc

They all are too old, only difference, we admit our guys are too old.

Good ole tribalism, our guys versus them.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #502 on: December 30, 2021, 03:32:12 PM »
Last time I looked, Herschel Walker was African American, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #503 on: December 30, 2021, 03:36:07 PM »

The bobsledder diagnosed with multiple personality disorder? lol

Goose

• All American
« Reply #504 on: December 30, 2021, 03:39:44 PM »
Hards

The schtick would have more credibility if we did not have a 124y old President in the office. How did he win if y'all think old people should not be running the government?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #505 on: December 30, 2021, 03:47:48 PM »
I gave money to 3 candidates in the primary.   None of them President Biden.   In the 2020 campaign, all he had to do was not be Trump to win by 7 million votes.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #506 on: December 30, 2021, 03:49:24 PM »

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you meant Scott. Mea culpa.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #507 on: December 30, 2021, 03:52:19 PM »
Tower

I have a feeling that many Democrats thought Joe was the best chance to beat Trump and did not care how old he was. There was a slew of young people in the primary and that did not matter to the anyone but Trump crowd, they simply did not want Trump to win again. So, the left not wanting old people running the government is somewhat comical to me.

Just curious, do you think your three choices would have beaten Trump?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #508 on: December 30, 2021, 03:54:19 PM »
Frenn

Fair points. I guess I struggled with the fact he is on TV 250 times a day and question his role at the NIH. My wife works at Moderna on the vaccine and literally is working 12 hour days and weekends and she is not running the show at Moderna. She was supposed to have the last two weeks off and due to Omicron she has worked every day, including Xmas weekend. Now that example is apples and oranges, but I have witnessed firsthand the work going on with this vaccine for the past year and there is little time for idle chat.

Grateful for the work you wife is putting in. I know some people at Moderna too.

Curious as to what you think of the booster efficacy and policies. Given the nature of the S1 mutations, I'm a bit surprised that a Omicron specific or combination booster isn't being pushed harder...or it is very likely that is the project your wife is working on.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #509 on: December 30, 2021, 03:59:09 PM »
Grateful for the work you wife is putting in.

Okay tone it down

Goose

• All American
« Reply #510 on: December 30, 2021, 04:00:21 PM »
forgetful

My wife has a PhD and master's from Medical College of Wisconsin and it took me 8 years to get an undergrad in Interpersonal Communications from MU, so I am not the right guy to be asking vaccine questions. I have found it interesting learning about the virus and vaccine from her and have learned more science in the last two years than my previous 55 years on the planet.

While I know this is not breaking news, most of her efforts currently are on the omicron booster/vaccine and sounds promising. Time will tell.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #511 on: December 30, 2021, 04:03:38 PM »
Tower

I have a feeling that many Democrats thought Joe was the best chance to beat Trump and did not care how old he was. There was a slew of young people in the primary and that did not matter to the anyone but Trump crowd, they simply did not want Trump to win again. So, the left not wanting old people running the government is somewhat comical to me.

Just curious, do you think your three choices would have beaten Trump?

Democrats are not the "left"

And vice versa

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #512 on: December 30, 2021, 04:31:05 PM »
Gee, that’s too bad

‘It Sucks’: Lisa Boothe, Who Bragged About Not Getting Vaccinated as Middle Finger to Biden, Gets Covid

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/it-sucks-lisa-boothe-who-bragged-about-not-getting-vaccinated-as-middle-finger-to-biden-gets-covid/?utm_source=mostpopular

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #513 on: December 30, 2021, 04:49:27 PM »
I follow 40 or so medical professionals on twitter.  Gottlieb is one.  I also monitor what the govt agencies are advocating. Try to make the best choices from there and I feel very well informed.

I honestly believe it doesn’t matter who has the ‘Fauci job’ at this point. Some people don’t want to listen and won’t seek good information if they don’t trust an individual.

My only issue with Gottelieb is that he is on the BOD at Pfizer.  So not exactly conflict of interest free.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #514 on: December 30, 2021, 05:33:36 PM »
Hards

The schtick would have more credibility if we did not have a 124y old President in the office. How did he win if y'all think old people should not be running the government?

Well let’s not stop serving as a government leader, how about voting age, (should an 80 year old really need to vote anymore than a 16 year old?), have them stop driving after the age of 75 (because statistically they are much more dangerous).

This is fun.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #515 on: December 30, 2021, 06:45:56 PM »
Hards

Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line.  This time Democrats (and a lot of 'independents') loved to not have Trump be president.  Personally, I am aware of precisely zero people who were excited to vote for Biden.

I voted for the guy that wasn't Trump... obviously.  And Dumpy boy is 4 years younger.  79 vs 75.  They're both geezers who shouldn't be in charge of anything as important as the presidency.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #516 on: December 30, 2021, 07:18:22 PM »
Hards

I cannot speak for other Republicans, but I have never followed the company line. More times than not, I have not supported the Presidential nominee and have voted accordingly. I have made some awfully poor choices in voting, but never based off the company line. I have to admit that I have not had many winning Presidential elections in my lifetime, starting with my Ross Perot decision.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #517 on: December 30, 2021, 07:21:54 PM »
I think Biden was the one guy that that could not effectively be demonized.   A long center left career.   Not a woman.  Not gay.  White.  A safe pick that a lot of never-Trump republicans could be comfortable voting for.  There is a reason Trump wanted Ukraine to help kneecap him.
I think Hards is in the correct neighborhood.    I know a few people who were genuinely enthusiastic to vote for Biden.  A few.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #518 on: December 30, 2021, 07:25:19 PM »
Tower

That is my point. It is a schtick, unless the candidate serves a purpose. Biden was picked and supported regardless of his age and simply to have the best chance to beat Trump. My "guys" are too old and we need new blood in Republican party and I am not afraid to admit it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #519 on: December 30, 2021, 07:26:11 PM »
Hards

I cannot speak for other Republicans, but I have never followed the company line. More times than not, I have not supported the Presidential nominee and have voted accordingly. I have made some awfully poor choices in voting, but never based off the company line. I have to admit that I have not had many winning Presidential elections in my lifetime, starting with my Ross Perot decision.
Goose, I voted for Bill Clinton one time out of the four opportunities I had.   I voted for Mrs. Clinton once out of 3 opportunities.   I did not vote for President Biden in the primary. A good rule of thumb is money from me is the kiss of death.  So, you and I could have a helluva good chat. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #520 on: December 30, 2021, 07:30:08 PM »
Tower

That is my point. It is a schtick, unless the candidate serves a purpose. Biden was picked and supported regardless of his age and simply to have the best chance to beat Trump. My "guys" are too old and we need new blood in Republican party and I am not afraid to admit it.
Where are the young Buckley's?  The young Sykes'?   The young Will's?   
I actually feel decent about the next generation of D's.   

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #521 on: December 30, 2021, 10:12:46 PM »
Where are the young Buckley's?  The young Sykes'?   The young Will's?   
I actually feel decent about the next generation of D's.

Sadly, there is no young Buckley

But conversely, where are the young Moynihans? The young JFKs? Even the young Clintons?

Great young Ds? Joe and Bernie are almost 160 between them and they dominated this cycle. And Joe’s talking 4 more years even though he’ll be 83 next Inauguration Day. And who is testing the waters? Hillary. She’ll be 77 or 78 next Inauguration Day. The only Democrat on stage for the debates who looked smart and interesting enough to go anywhere was Andrew Yang - and he just left the party. Kamala Harris? Corey Booker? Mayor Pete? Elizabeth Warren? Beto O’Rourke? The women in the Progressive Caucus? Etc., etc.? C’mon, man!

Neither side is brimming with talent IMHO.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 10:55:06 PM by Lennys Tap »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #522 on: December 31, 2021, 07:12:15 AM »
Sadly, there is no young Buckley

But conversely, where are the young Moynihans? The young JFKs? Even the young Clintons?

Great young Ds? Joe and Bernie are almost 160 between them and they dominated this cycle. And Joe’s talking 4 more years even though he’ll be 83 next Inauguration Day. And who is testing the waters? Hillary. She’ll be 77 or 78 next Inauguration Day. The only Democrat on stage for the debates who looked smart and interesting enough to go anywhere was Andrew Yang - and he just left the party. Kamala Harris? Corey Booker? Mayor Pete? Elizabeth Warren? Beto O’Rourke? The women in the Progressive Caucus? Etc., etc.? C’mon, man!

Neither side is brimming with talent IMHO.

Agreed. Whole heartedly

Goose

• All American
« Reply #523 on: December 31, 2021, 07:26:16 AM »
Both sides are lacking young talent and that needs to change. My hope is that we have an election that both sides offer up a candidate that has appeal to everyone, not just the base.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #524 on: December 31, 2021, 07:28:06 AM »
What kind of maniac wants to be a politician?

feedback