[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccinations & Antibodies  (Read 44960 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Vaccinations & Antibodies
« Reply #475 on: December 24, 2021, 08:45:12 AM »
no they didn't.  the "right wing media" merely allowed for individuals to make their own decisions regarding whether or not to get the vax.  those of you who threw around terms fascism and dictator the previous 4 years...can you say projection much?
The right wing media "allowed"?? LOL. Because their viewers then went out and did their own research then, right?

It also "allowed" them to gobble down completely ineffective treatments after convincing them the vaccines were dangerous and ineffective.

BTW, in October, you told us there would be studies "in a couple of months" that prove the effectiveness of HCQ and Ivermectin so hard that "we would be on our knees". Would you mind linking to those studies now?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #476 on: December 24, 2021, 08:52:10 AM »
blow it out your a$$ fluffer we can all play that game-how about the one thing that your posts have shown me is certain colleges up around the fox river valley region hire a bunch of arrogant pr!cks

oh and btw-

https://theworldnews.net/uk-news/america-s-vaccine-holdouts-aren-t-republicans-they-re-people-under-65
You can't fix stupid, so I don't know why I bother, but here goes:

KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor: The Increasing Importance of Partisanship in Predicting COVID-19 Vaccination Status
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/importance-of-partisanship-predicting-vaccination-status/

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #477 on: December 24, 2021, 09:43:25 AM »
Can't make this shyte up, TS. It's been remarkable (and sad) to watch so many people who should know better simply dismiss (and/or try to rewrite) facts during this pandemic.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 09:45:14 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #478 on: December 25, 2021, 11:58:42 AM »

I'll look for your application in the reject pile, hey?

Not everyone desires to become a statistic, aina?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #479 on: December 29, 2021, 10:39:40 AM »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #480 on: December 29, 2021, 11:04:25 AM »
Great graphs in this article ..

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/12/28/us/covid-deaths.html

Pretty much every myth used to diminish this disease continues to be shown to be wrong with time.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #481 on: December 29, 2021, 11:20:48 AM »
Those are just made up 'facts' until confirmed by one's facebook group.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #482 on: December 29, 2021, 12:51:09 PM »
Example No. 6,449 on why "personal choice" is not just "affecting me."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/28/iowa-dale-weeks-hospitals-covid-sepsis/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F35a1106%2F61cc99e49d2fdab56be78873%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F27%2F72%2F61cc99e49d2fdab56be78873

Throughout his life, Dale Weeks was characterized by family and friends in Iowa as “a good neighbor,” someone who would do anything for anyone. So when he was diagnosed with sepsis last month, the retired schools superintendent and his family hoped he would get immediate care and be okay to reunite with them for the holidays.

But at a time when unvaccinated covid-19 patients have again overwhelmed hospitals because of the fast-spreading omicron variant, finding an available bed at a large medical center able to give him the treatment he needed proved to be difficult. Weeks was being treated at a small, rural hospital. He had waited 15 days to be transferred to a larger hospital with better treatment options, because facilities throughout Iowa did not have an open bed for him as a result of the latest hospital surge of unvaccinated patients, his children told The Washington Post.

“It was terribly frustrating being told, ‘There’s not a bed yet,’ ” Jenifer Owenson, one of his four children, said Tuesday. “All of us were talking multiple times a day, ‘Why can’t we get him a bed?’ There was this logjam to get him in anywhere.”

When Weeks was finally able to have surgery more than two weeks later, his condition from sepsis had worsened. Weeks died Nov. 28 of complications after surgery. He was 78.

Anthony Weeks, his son, said that the family believes their vaccinated and boosted father was the latest indirect victim of the pandemic — and that he would have survived his sepsis diagnosis if he was immediately admitted to a larger medical center that had an open bed.

This isn't even classified as a Covid death, but it was ... though some might even call it involuntary manslaughter by the selfish and/or misinformed anti-vaxxers who took up all the beds and consigned this man to death.

Freedom! All lives matter!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #483 on: December 29, 2021, 01:04:43 PM »
You can't fix stupid, so I don't know why I bother, but here goes:

KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor: The Increasing Importance of Partisanship in Predicting COVID-19 Vaccination Status
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/importance-of-partisanship-predicting-vaccination-status/

Trying to figure out if I'm drunk or not, but how are 52% of Republicans in Trump counties vaccinated, and 66% unvaccinated?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #484 on: December 29, 2021, 01:30:54 PM »

Trying to figure out if I'm drunk or not, but how are 52% of Republicans in Trump counties vaccinated, and 66% unvaccinated?

I think it’s different data sets. You have to add up the Biden/Trump county. So of the vaccinated Republicans, 47% reside in a Biden County and 52% in a Trump County.

For unvaccinated, it is 35/65.

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #485 on: December 29, 2021, 01:39:48 PM »
I think it’s different data sets. You have to add up the Biden/Trump county. So of the vaccinated Republicans, 47% reside in a Biden County and 52% in a Trump County.

I was similarly confused and came to the same conclusion on how to read this. It seems to make sense if you bucket the population by vaccinated/unvaccinated and then analyze those by the various age/education/etc. breakdowns.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #486 on: December 29, 2021, 05:58:41 PM »

Aye, that makes more sense. Day drunk

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #487 on: December 30, 2021, 08:21:38 AM »
It’s really not even a rational calculation.  Since April 90% of deaths are unvaccinated.  High correlation to deaths and vaccine in the state data. 

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1476550910574690304?s=21

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #488 on: December 30, 2021, 12:57:31 PM »
It’s really not even a rational calculation.  Since April 90% of deaths are unvaccinated.  High correlation to deaths and vaccine in the state data. 

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1476550910574690304?s=21
Rationality has nothing to do with it obviously. One side has relentlessly demonized Fauci and thrown shade on vaccines (and masks, and distancing, and any sort of personal responsibility) and the weak-minded have fallen for the disinformation even though it is clearly killing them.

Idiots, every last one of them.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #489 on: December 30, 2021, 02:01:32 PM »
IMO Fauci should have been replaced by a younger person that brought a new face to the discussion. His message may have been 100% spot on, but his credibility wet out the window a long time ago for many people. As for me, I do trust science and have followed all of the rules laid out to the American public and will continue to do so. That being said, I think Fauci has overstayed his welcome. There are plenty of others out there, notably Gottlieb, that have far more credibility to me.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #490 on: December 30, 2021, 02:05:39 PM »
To say nothin' of linin' his pockets throughout dis clusterfook, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #491 on: December 30, 2021, 02:07:08 PM »
To say nothin' of linin' his pockets throughout dis clusterfook, aina?

A timeless American tradition, aina?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #492 on: December 30, 2021, 02:09:11 PM »
IMO Fauci should have been replaced by a younger person that brought a new face to the discussion. His message may have been 100% spot on, but his credibility wet out the window a long time ago for many people. As for me, I do trust science and have followed all of the rules laid out to the American public and will continue to do so. That being said, I think Fauci has overstayed his welcome. There are plenty of others out there, notably Gottlieb, that have far more credibility to me.

I follow 40 or so medical professionals on twitter.  Gottlieb is one.  I also monitor what the govt agencies are advocating. Try to make the best choices from there and I feel very well informed.

I honestly believe it doesn’t matter who has the ‘Fauci job’ at this point. Some people don’t want to listen and won’t seek good information if they don’t trust an individual. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #493 on: December 30, 2021, 02:17:34 PM »
Doc,

Lining his pockets might be the only thing I like about the guy.

Frenn

I also follow far too many people, agencies and monitor the situation extremely closely in Asia on a daily basis and disagree on who has the 'Fauci job' making a difference. I think he has done more ass covering than anything else over the past 1.5 years and that bothers me. In addition, he is too old and new blood was/is needed. I would hope/pray that there is young talent that could have been utilized to educate the American people. I have said over the past two years that this Fauci's Masters Sunday and he was not going to let slip away from him and he is still choking on the back nine.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #494 on: December 30, 2021, 02:35:34 PM »
Goose I guess we need to define what the fauci job is.  As far as his position at the NIH he did a great job stewarding the trials of vaccines and treatments and we were in a great position with vaccines because of his agencies work (ie moderna).

As far as the role in communications regarding the pandemic?  Yeah not great.  I would give the CDC a lower grade. Worse under Redfield but not great under Wolensky either. 

Fauci is just an easy face to blame for some. I don’t disparage anyone for doing it, but IMO you swap a new person in and the same issues remain. Ie CDC not setup to be a forward looking agency, too much inter agency coordination that isn’t working great, approval processes not setup to move fast and then the whole issue with deploying a plan to the states. The booster rollout is a perfect example of that. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #495 on: December 30, 2021, 02:42:02 PM »
Frenn

Fair points. I guess I struggled with the fact he is on TV 250 times a day and question his role at the NIH. My wife works at Moderna on the vaccine and literally is working 12 hour days and weekends and she is not running the show at Moderna. She was supposed to have the last two weeks off and due to Omicron she has worked every day, including Xmas weekend. Now that example is apples and oranges, but I have witnessed firsthand the work going on with this vaccine for the past year and there is little time for idle chat.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #496 on: December 30, 2021, 02:46:39 PM »
They're all too fookin' old. Purge da system of Biden, Trump, Fauci, Pelosi, Schumer, Sanders, Grassley, Graham.
Problem is there aren't many young up and comers. Although I like Sununu, DeSantis, Noem, Walker, and Paul. The democrats have nothing utter than Michelle O. and Oprah, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #497 on: December 30, 2021, 02:53:17 PM »
Doc

They all are too old, only difference, we admit our guys are too old.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #498 on: December 30, 2021, 03:01:13 PM »
They're all too fookin' old. Purge da system of Biden, Trump, Fauci, Pelosi, Schumer, Sanders, Grassley, Graham.
Problem is there aren't many young up and comers. Although I like Sununu, DeSantis, Noem, Walker, and Paul. The democrats have nothing utter than Michelle O. and Oprah, hey?

If only I could put my finger on what about Sununu, DeSantis, Noem, Walker, and Paul is different from Michelle O, Oprah, or the squad.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #499 on: December 30, 2021, 03:13:44 PM »
If only I could put my finger on what about Sununu, DeSantis, Noem, Walker, and Paul is different from Michelle O, Oprah, or the squad.

Sununu isn’t white tho…