[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Stinking Badgers win again  (Read 3620 times)

denverMU

• All American
Stinking Badgers win again
« on: November 25, 2011, 10:51:57 PM »
Oh no what will we do?  They beat that great team from the Missouri Valley Conference, Bradley,  I say we have Buzz call Bo and forefit the game.  There is no way we can possibly beat a team who has a 6 man rotation, scores and amazing 75 pts. a game, and shoots 56% from the free throw line.  Or how about we go to the Kohl Center and kick there asses!

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Stinking Badgers win again
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 05:05:04 AM »
Guess what, Colorado Warrior, they're good.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 07:10:02 AM »
Guess what, Colorado Warrior, they're good.

They very wall may be, but it is hard to tell how good they are.  I am still of the opinion they are overrated.  They certainly can hit the wide open 3. 

The schedule they have played thus far would have been the brunt of thousands of threads on this board.  All b!tching about the games against the Little Sisters of the Poor.  It is embarrassingly weak.

Now they have to start lacing them up against teams with some athleticism.  Let's see how they play in those games.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 07:18:16 AM »
Likewise Mac, now we'll see just how good the Warriors may or may not be also.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

nyg

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 07:22:41 AM »
They very wall may be, but it is hard to tell how good they are.  I am still of the opinion they are overrated.  They certainly can hit the wide open 3. 

The schedule they have played thus far would have been the brunt of thousands of threads on this board.  All b!tching about the games against the Little Sisters of the Poor.  It is embarrassingly weak.

Now they have to start lacing them up against teams with some athleticism.  Let's see how they play in those games.

Yup, and it begins Weds at North Carolina......

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 09:09:37 AM »
They will beat North Carolina, if they shoot well from the three. North Carolina's defensive strength is on the interior. UW will also get back quickly on defense helping to elimate fast break points.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 08:45:57 PM by bilsu »

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 09:52:38 AM »
They will beat North Carolina, if they shoot well from the three. North Carolina's defensive strenght is on the interior. UW will also get back quickly on defense helping to elimate fast break points.

Guess what, Colorado Warrior, they're good.[/quote

I thought people on a teams board were supposed to drink the kool-aid for their team not for one of their biggest rivals?  All kool-aid drinking aside, what leads you guys to these conclusions?  On any given day any team can win, that's why they play the games, hence the teal on my original post.  WI will not beat NC or MU.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 10:04:08 AM »
They will beat North Carolina, if they shoot well from the three. North Carolina's defensive strenght is on the interior. UW will also get back quickly on defense helping to elimate fast break points.

It will take a minor miracle for them to beat UNC.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 10:07:23 AM »
Likewise Mac, now we'll see just how good the Warriors may or may not be also.

Yep, but you appear to have fallen for the Badger kool Aid, based upon devouring sub 300 teams.  At least we have a better barometer on MU, as the teams they have played actually have players that can compete at the D1 level.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 10:11:04 AM »

They will beat UNC if the UNC's players read your post and cannot play due to injuries incurred from laughing at your comment.  Otherwise, there is no chance in Hades.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 10:12:56 AM »
Based on nothin' but watchin' 'em play on TV. Gotta say, not impressed with MU at this point.

Bottom Line:

UNC beats Bucky

UW over MU
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 11:06:24 AM »

Well, lets be fair. It is not like our first five games will light up our strength of schedule.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 11:40:53 AM »
True, but we have at least played 1 school from the all important BCS conferences.   Not necessarily a good team or a good basketball conference, but there is at least SOME cred there.    Be that as it may, I expect that we lose.    Beating a top 15 school in their gym is tougher than finding instant impact bigs. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 11:55:49 AM »
Based on nothin' but watchin' 'em play on TV. Gotta say, not impressed with MU at this point.

Not impressed with MU? Why? Because of the second NSU game, where the team knew what we were going to do and specifically changed their entire defensive mindset to counter us? And let's be honest, there's less than a snowflake's chance on the bottom level of Hell that Bo Ryan will not only play zone all game, but not send more than one guy to the offensive boards to stop our transition game.

I'm not saying we win, but I can't see any way you wouldn't be impressed with this team. We have dominated cupcakes in similar fashion to how UW has, and we also dominated a top 100 team (Ole Miss) in that same fashion. What...Bucky beat one team in the top-200 (#200 Bradley) and that proves they must be better than us? I just don't understand that logic.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 12:06:51 PM »
I don't think anyone is saying they're better than us..., except the sportswriters, coaches, and the other polls, but we are playing them after they go to UNC for a reality check.  And we are playing them at the Kohl Center.  So, yes, for this game they are expected to be better than us.  They are expected to win.  We are expected to lose.  THAT's why we have to pull the upset!  A win there is huge!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 02:48:25 PM »
I'm not saying we win, but I can't see any way you wouldn't be impressed with this team. We have dominated cupcakes in similar fashion to how UW has, and we also dominated a top 100 team (Ole Miss) in that same fashion. What...Bucky beat one team in the top-200 (#200 Bradley) and that proves they must be better than us? I just don't understand that logic.

Exactly. I dont care if you think UW wins the game, that is very possible if not likely. But to say you are not impressed with MU to this point? You watching the games in the midst of an acid trip?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

National Champs

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 07:15:13 PM »
Watching them against BYU now. Their 3 pt ability scares me.
We Are Elite

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 07:17:59 PM »
Really? You mean in addition to their All-American point guard.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

National Champs

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »
Tied at 24 now so I am feeling a little better about our chances. BYU is running on them which is exactly what we will do.
We Are Elite

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 07:32:02 PM »
Watching them against BYU now. Their 3 pt ability scares me.

They are great shooters, but it seems like the pressure defense is giving them some problems. Haven't been very impressed with Taylor so far, but he can hit some big shots in a hurry. BYU seems to be able to run a little bit after rebounds.

I don't know if they have played a defense that gets after it like we do. That may make them rush their 3 pointers. We just have to make sure to stop the drive and recover, because the drive and kick could kill us.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »
The game is not over yet, but UW is going to win by 20 points. They shoot even better at the Kohl Center. BYU is better than any team MU has played so far.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 08:55:32 PM »
The game is not over yet, but UW is going to win by 20 points. They shoot even better at the Kohl Center. BYU is better than any team MU has played so far.

But BYU is not better than MU.  Not even close.

I am impressed by Brunst.  I wondered last year why there was so much hype about him.  He showed little all season.  He is really a player.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 11:48:14 PM »
So, UNC loses what was essentially a home game to UNLV (sadly, I didn't watch the game).  Still I don't think UW will beat UNC in NC.

edited: Yes, apparently wins=loses in some cases :)  Sorry, I knew they lost, I don't know why "wins" came out of my keyboard.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:30:21 PM by rocky_warrior »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 12:39:29 AM »
I assume by 'wins' you mean 'loses'.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 09:00:56 AM »
Talent wise North Carolina and Kentucky are the best teams in the country. However, they lost 8 and 9 games respectively last year. UW lost 9 games. The great thing about college basketball is the upsets. UNC players  problably believe UNLV had no chance of beating them. Now the UNC players know they are not God, which does not bode well for Badgers. However, on the flip side the Badger players now know that UNC is beatable. The Badger style is trouble for any team they play. Hit enough threes and they can beat anyone. However, if they do not hit threes they will lose to a lot of teams. The thing about the Badgers is that they have so many three point shooters it is not likely they wil all have bad three point shooting nights.

feedback