collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2024?  (Read 96472 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2022?
« Reply #475 on: August 18, 2022, 08:52:12 PM »
Good call on The Shield, another great show with a great ending. My all-time favorite series finale was Six Feet Under's. Mary Tyler Moore's was a classic, too. I'm sure I'm forgetting numerous others.

Best finale ever (imo) was Breaking Bad.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #476 on: August 18, 2022, 11:10:05 PM »

Another great one.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #477 on: August 19, 2022, 08:51:00 AM »
nm
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 04:38:57 PM by Spotcheck Billy »

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #478 on: August 19, 2022, 09:10:23 AM »

Nope, Alf.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #479 on: August 19, 2022, 09:22:42 AM »
Newhart is the best finale
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #480 on: August 19, 2022, 09:27:08 AM »
St. Elsewhere.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #481 on: August 19, 2022, 09:31:35 AM »

"You should wear more sweaters."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #482 on: August 19, 2022, 09:37:06 AM »
"You should wear more sweaters."

You can find interviews with Bob Newhart and Suzanne Pleshette on YouTube about it.  It’s pretty awesome
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #483 on: August 19, 2022, 10:43:35 AM »
Nope, Alf.
I don’t remember the Alf finale, but this can only be true if he went berserk and ate everybody.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #484 on: August 19, 2022, 10:44:10 AM »
Friday Night Lights, and Cheers.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #485 on: August 19, 2022, 10:47:43 AM »
I thought Parks and Rec finished pretty strongly.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #486 on: August 19, 2022, 02:25:56 PM »
I don’t remember the Alf finale, but this can only be true if he went berserk and ate everybody.

Haha its worth a google when you have 10 minutes and a beer. Its waaayyy darker than you would think (or than it was even originally intended to be).

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #487 on: August 20, 2022, 07:13:16 AM »
I watched the Manti T"eo doc on Netflix.  It essentially just recounts the story although T'eo and the cstfisher are featured.

panda

• All American
« Reply #488 on: August 20, 2022, 07:49:39 AM »
I watched the Manti T"eo doc on Netflix.  It essentially just recounts the story although T'eo and the cstfisher are featured.

Very interesting angle of journalistic approach from the deadspin guys to “expose espn” while making the story as much about T’eo as possible.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #489 on: August 20, 2022, 08:21:48 AM »
Very interesting angle of journalistic approach from the deadspin guys to “expose espn” while making the story as much about T’eo as possible.

I totally agree. I think the length of time (wasn't it 3 years?) that T'eo was "dating" this fictitious person is still absolutely dumbfounding.

panda

• All American
« Reply #490 on: August 20, 2022, 08:46:37 AM »
I totally agree. I think the length of time (wasn't it 3 years?) that T'eo was "dating" this fictitious person is still absolutely dumbfounding.

It is - but “she” did just enough to keep the mystery alive. Still just such a crazy wild story

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #491 on: August 20, 2022, 10:05:26 AM »
It is - but “she” did just enough to keep the mystery alive. Still just such a crazy wild story

I suppose "she" did but why exactly did T'eo strongly state that this whacko was his "girlfriend"?  How can you literally never meet someone (for years) and insist they are your girlfriend?  Why not just call her a friend?   Not to mention this was 2009-2012.  It's not like the internet didn't exist.  At some point, if you are "dating" someone, and you've literally never seen them face to face, wouldn't you try to get some information?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #492 on: August 20, 2022, 11:24:27 AM »
I suppose "she" did but why exactly did T'eo strongly state that this whacko was his "girlfriend"?  How can you literally never meet someone (for years) and insist they are your girlfriend?  Why not just call her a friend?   Not to mention this was 2009-2012.  It's not like the internet didn't exist.  At some point, if you are "dating" someone, and you've literally never seen them face to face, wouldn't you try to get some information?

There's a reason internet scams still exist. Enough people still fall for them for them to be viable.

My office gets about 1 to 2 reports a week of students who were tricked into sending a video of themselves naked to a person they've never met who are now being blackmailed into sending money. And if we're getting 1 to 2 a week, that probably means 5 to 6 are falling for it and not reporting it
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #493 on: August 20, 2022, 01:12:26 PM »
House of Dragon's premiers tomorrow on HBO/HBO Max. I'll check it out.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #494 on: August 20, 2022, 04:33:21 PM »
There's a reason internet scams still exist. Enough people still fall for them for them to be viable.

My office gets about 1 to 2 reports a week of students who were tricked into sending a video of themselves naked to a person they've never met who are now being blackmailed into sending money. And if we're getting 1 to 2 a week, that probably means 5 to 6 are falling for it and not reporting it

Wow … some crazy stuff goin’ on there at Titillation & Masturbation U!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #495 on: August 20, 2022, 09:24:44 PM »

Clever gimmick, enjoyable. But compared to all the loose ends that were tied up in BB? NFW.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #496 on: August 20, 2022, 10:07:22 PM »
Beginning of the season was INCREDIBLE.  Middle was a bit eh, final 2 episodes were tremendous.  High hopes for the movie to put a bow on it all.  That final episode was amazing.

Finished the last season today. Probably my least season. Agree with your assessment of the first and last episode being the best of the season with a lot of middling in the middle. I've also liked the Romani background of the Shelbys, it's interesting context, but it can't be used to drive the story IMHO like it did in the middle few episodes. I also thought the war with Michael was anti-climatic. They introduced it as the main conflict of the season and then Michael is basically not in episodes 2-5. I did love Alfie's speech in the last episode. "Put out your unnatural carnal knowledgeing cigarette!"

The last 10 minutes of the season though, excellent. Didn't see it coming. Looking forward to the movie.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #497 on: August 20, 2022, 10:56:59 PM »
Wow … some crazy stuff goin’ on there at Titillation & Masturbation U!

Jeffrey Toobin’s alma mater.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #498 on: August 21, 2022, 11:28:56 AM »

In addition to what TAMU said, I also think that in this particular instance its not irrelevant that Teo was an 18 year old mormon kid from the Hawaiian islands who chose to attend the preeminent Catholic university in the country located in Indiana.  That's a heck of a sociocultural stew for a naive 18-year old kid, and I think helps inform why in-person meetings would be less of a prerequisite to a romantic relationship than it would be for most.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #499 on: August 21, 2022, 02:58:39 PM »

Several points that help (a bit) to make sense of it:

• People meet and develop relationships on the internet all the time.
  • People Teo knew - including his own brother - vouched  for her.
  • They we’re only “boyfriend/girlfriend” for about a year. That doesn’t completely explain it, but she wasn’t his girlfriend “for years.”

But yes, he was surprisingly naive. I think MUBorrow’s post gives some fair insight into that.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

feedback