Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Theory  (Read 1187 times)

MUHoopsfan6

• Scholarship Player
New Theory
« on: March 19, 2007, 11:56:12 AM »
It seems like as the season went on our shooting got worse.  In the beginning we looked nearly unstoppable beating some pretty good teams.  Towards the middle of the season we flopped for a bit and then picked it but we never seemed the same to me. 

I think TC needs to tone down the practices a bit, near mid-season to let these guys get their legs back under them.  I think we were tired most of the second half of the season.  These toned down practices would also lessen the chances of a late season injury which we seem to have problems with.

ilovefreeway

Re: New Theory
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 03:26:12 PM »
First off, a late season injury has happened twice in 8 years.

Second, did you see us play early in the season?  How did we look against Idaho St, NDST?  We put up a great 65 pts against Deleware St.  We couldn't hit water from a boat early this year.  We shot lights out against TT and just out ran Duke, but other then that we put together much better games late in the year then early.

IAmMarquette

• All American
Re: New Theory
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 04:38:41 PM »
The suggestion of scaled back/toned down practices has been hashed and rehashed several times. My only comment on the subject is this: how many of us actually watch late-season practices, and can compare the intensity of those practices to that of early-season practices? In other words, how do we know that Crean doesn't already lighten up a little bit later in the season? I think Crean actually stated in an interview during the BET that they were taking it a little easier in practice than they had been.