[May 10, 2024, 10:24:14 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Vander Blue Man Group
[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: In Hindsight  (Read 1493 times)

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
In Hindsight
« on: March 14, 2016, 03:53:37 PM »
...I fully support Wojo and the process he has made these last two years.  I think the team will be better next year and we are on the right path...

Having said that, does anyone think if the school hired Cuonzo Martin, a serious candidate after the Shaka debacle, that MU would be dancing this year?  Cal got a pair of top-level recruits and is a 4-seed in this year's tournament. 

Just fun to speculate - not trying to stir the pot or anything.  FWIW, Martin fired an assistant today for sexual harassment allegations.  THAT would have gone over well here...

forgetful

• All American
Re: In Hindsight
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 04:10:42 PM »
...I fully support Wojo and the process he has made these last two years.  I think the team will be better next year and we are on the right path...

Having said that, does anyone think if the school hired Cuonzo Martin, a serious candidate after the Shaka debacle, that MU would be dancing this year?  Cal got a pair of top-level recruits and is a 4-seed in this year's tournament. 

Just fun to speculate - not trying to stir the pot or anything.  FWIW, Martin fired an assistant today for sexual harassment allegations.  THAT would have gone over well here...

No idea, but we would definitely have another University Sex scandal.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 04:42:46 PM »

I don't think so. No way he brings Rabb out to Milwaukee. And Jaylen Brown doesn't come without Rabb. My gut tells me he wouldn't have landed Ellenson. Maybe he would have gotten Stone? Its a huge what if game.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 04:46:20 PM »
I think if we got anybody but Wojo, we would have landed Ellenson, Simmons, Rabb, Ingram, all of them.

And then that coach would have led us to an undefeated national title.

And he sure as hell wouldn't have played mind games with anybody.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 05:16:20 PM »

Look who led Cal to their berth?  5 of their top 7 guys are upper classmen, including their point guard \ leading scorer.

Maybe he would have been better, maybe not, but I'd rather we give everyone the full 4 to 5 years to see what everyone does with their players, including Mr. Martin.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 05:17:24 PM »
I doubt Martin would have landed Ellenson, Brown, Rabb, or Stone (we still aren't an Under Armour school). My guess is he'd have done okay, but not significantly better than we've done with Wojo.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.