[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Women's Basketball Thread  (Read 136571 times)

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: MU Women's Basketball Thread
« Reply #1025 on: March 05, 2023, 09:58:38 AM »
Kim Mulkey losing makes for a good day. She’s the worst.
She is. I know an attorney who worked on the Baylor rape cases. She said the details were much worse than what was released in the media(of course she could not disclose anything to me). She told me she would never send a daughter to Baylor. She was unaware of Kim's comments below.
"You knock them right in the face," in regard to how to respond to people who might say they would never send their daughter to Baylor.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1026 on: March 05, 2023, 02:47:22 PM »
Marquette having all kinds of trouble with a now mostly healthy UConn team, trailing 37-22 at the half. Hasn't helped that Marotta hasn't been able to play much due to foul trouble.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1027 on: March 05, 2023, 03:01:38 PM »
Marquette having all kinds of trouble with a now mostly healthy UConn team, trailing 37-22 at the half. Hasn't helped that Marotta hasn't been able to play much due to foul trouble.

Yep, struggling a bit on both ends. That third foul on Marotta was one of those how can you call that on a dive hustle play kinda fouls. Bummer, but hopefully she can turn it up in 2H.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1028 on: March 05, 2023, 05:34:05 PM »
Yesterday was the big conference tourney game for MUWBB. Getting that win left no doubt about them being an NCAA Tourney team this season. I’m not surprised they didn’t play as well today.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1029 on: March 06, 2023, 07:00:38 AM »
UCONN losing the BET on their home court would be big news, otherwise nothing to see here.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1030 on: March 07, 2023, 11:20:26 AM »
Xavier and Melanie Moore have mutually agreed to part ways.  She was hired at the same time as Duffy but just couldn’t get that program turned around (it was in pretty bad shape when she took over).  Xavier went 0-21 in the Big East this year counting their BET loss.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1031 on: March 07, 2023, 05:43:54 PM »

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1032 on: March 08, 2023, 07:50:58 AM »
MU has moved down from last four with a bye to a last 4 in for the ESPN bracketology.  St. John’s has also been moved down to first team out.  I’m not expecting 5 BE teams to get in and would agree St. John’s won’t go dancing.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1033 on: March 13, 2023, 04:28:35 PM »
Georgetown fired James Howard today which is a good sign for the conference.  That means 3 of the worst teams in the BE made coaching changes this offseason - Xavier and Providence were the other two.

Georgetown did finish ahead of Butler this season but Butler made a coaching change last year and did improve a bit this season - they seem to be heading in the right direction.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1034 on: March 14, 2023, 08:24:35 AM »
Duffy interviewed for the Pittsburgh job according to this article - https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2023/03/14/pitt-womens-basketball-coaching-search-update/

The article mentions other coaches to interview that will likely be in the second round of interviews but says it’s unknown  if Duffy will speak with the Pitt AD again.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1035 on: March 14, 2023, 09:54:34 AM »
Duffy interviewed for the Pittsburgh job according to this article - https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2023/03/14/pitt-womens-basketball-coaching-search-update/

The article mentions other coaches to interview that will likely be in the second round of interviews but says it’s unknown  if Duffy will speak with the Pitt AD again.

At first glance, it’s an opportunity to do an interview, listen.

Currently Pitt doesn’t pay all that much more than MUWBB. They would need to make a big jump in compensation to tempt Duffy. ACC is a good league and it’s attractive to coaches. But it’s a tough league. $640k (Pitt money) isn’t going to be enough. Obviously hiring Duffy would require a big bump in compensation. They would not need to do that with some of the others on the list who make far less than Duffy.

Interesting to see 2 A10 coaches on the list. Dayton’s successful Women’s coach made good pretty money at Dayton. $500k. That is way more than all of the other A10 Women’s Coaches. But Illinois throws big money around even to unsuccessful coaches. She started $800k plus bonus and incentives there and more resources. So that wasn’t a surprise. The A10 coaches interviewing are $300k plus range plus bonus and incentives.

By the way, Geno Auriema is the person that recommended Lisa Stone’s A10 replacement Rebecca Tillett, who was otherwise way under the radar. After a slow start, they went on a big run, and they made the NCAA Tourney her first season.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #1036 on: March 15, 2023, 06:06:56 AM »
Game time 11;30 Eastern on ESPN2 on Friday 3/17. 9 seed MU vs. 8 seed USF.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 06:10:33 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1037 on: March 17, 2023, 07:23:00 AM »
It’s game day - Go Marquette!!!

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1038 on: March 17, 2023, 07:49:26 AM »
Big game day for MUWBB.

St. John’s won a thriller over Purdue in the 11 seed game last night.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1039 on: March 17, 2023, 08:19:32 AM »
Big game day for MUWBB.

St. John’s won a thriller over Purdue in the 11 seed game last night.

I felt like I brought them bad luck as they started losing their big lead when I started watching.  They were very fortunate a Purdue player was called for an intentional foul for making contact with a St. John’s player as the Purdue player celebrates that a technical had been called on Everett for St. John’s.  That intentional foul and the technical foul then offset and Purdue didn’t get technical free throws and the ball afterwards there.  I felt like Purdue had a good chance of grabbing a lot of momentum had they gotten the technical free throws and ball afterwards there.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1040 on: March 17, 2023, 08:33:26 AM »
I felt like I brought them bad luck as they started losing their big lead when I started watching.  They were very fortunate a Purdue player was called for an intentional foul for making contact with a St. John’s player as the Purdue player celebrates that a technical had been called on Everett for St. John’s.  That intentional foul and the technical foul then offset and Purdue didn’t get technical free throws and the ball afterwards there.  I felt like Purdue had a good chance of grabbing a lot of momentum had they gotten the technical free throws and ball afterwards there.

Survive and advance. Whatever it takes.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1041 on: March 17, 2023, 09:03:40 AM »
Survive and advance. Whatever it takes.

Oh yeah - I agree.  I was just saying at the time I thought the technical on St. John’s was going to be a big turning point for Purdue.  I was rooting for St. John’s

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1042 on: March 17, 2023, 09:12:35 AM »
Oh yeah - I agree.  I was just saying at the time I thought the technical on St. John’s was going to be a big turning point for Purdue.  I was rooting for St. John’s

Oh I know. I was agreeing with you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1043 on: March 17, 2023, 10:38:33 AM »
Game on.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1044 on: March 17, 2023, 11:03:07 AM »
Glad to see King score early in the second quarter.  They’ll need her scoring if they’re going to win today.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1045 on: March 17, 2023, 11:09:35 AM »
MU may regret not putting USF away early.  The opportunity was there.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1046 on: March 17, 2023, 11:14:44 AM »
MU may regret not putting USF away early.  The opportunity was there.

Yep - they should have a bigger lead by now.

Kaifes is in uniform again - no idea if she’d be able to play or not.  But she hadn’t been in uniform for awhile after having an emergency appendectomy

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #1047 on: March 17, 2023, 11:18:36 AM »
It would be good to get the third foul on #32 before half.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #1048 on: March 17, 2023, 11:21:48 AM »

Accidental or not, she whacked the St. John's player in the face. Proper call.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1049 on: March 17, 2023, 11:27:34 AM »
Accidental or not, she whacked the St. John's player in the face. Proper call.

I had no problem with the intentional foul call on the Purdue player.  I just was commenting that St. John’s was fortunate that and the technical offset at that point in the game.

feedback