[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What did the DePaul students' t-shirts say?  (Read 2382 times)

Avenue Commons

• All American
What did the DePaul students' t-shirts say?
« on: January 21, 2010, 09:13:18 PM »
Last night on TV when they showed the DePaul student section (if you can call a handful of kids a "section", but I digress) they all had on the same shirt. In years past it has been some comment on MU.

What did the shirts say this year?
We Are Marquette

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: What did the DePaul students' t-shirts say?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 09:18:11 PM »
"Brown for President"
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:25:40 PM »
Don't know about this year but I loved their "Our Diener's bigger than your Diener" from a few years back.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 09:34:49 PM »
Don't know about this year but I loved their "Our Diener's bigger than your Diener" from a few years back.

Did anyone ever make a shirt saying "It's not the size of your Diener, it is how you use him"

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 09:56:04 PM »
I think it was the 05-06 season...they thought it would be funny to emulate the Mastercard "Priceless" theme. I believe the punchline was "Having the same nickname throughout your entire history...Priceless"

As I remember it, the shirt had a couple of grammatical errors on it...whoops.  

I also remember the group of students that came down in the bus infiltrated the student section, and got their own shirts...only to have someone from their Administration come over and demand they be given back.  A couple of the posters on this site were a part of those shenanigans...

Anyone still have that shirt?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 10:51:15 PM »
I think it was the 05-06 season...they thought it would be funny to emulate the Mastercard "Priceless" theme. I believe the punchline was "Having the same nickname throughout your entire history...Priceless"

I also remember the group of students that came down in the bus infiltrated the student section, and got their own shirts...only to have someone from their Administration come over and demand they be given back.  A couple of the posters on this site were a part of those shenanigans...

I have that shirt.

The priceless line was 'Going to a school that hasn't changed it's nickname in 102 years...Priceless!'

They clearly used the wrong its.

This was also the game where the Marquette panda infiltrated the DPU student section and revealed a gold shirt while on Jumbotron.

DavantesInferno

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 01:43:48 AM »
I saw they also had on "We are DePaul" shirts.  I know that the "We are ..." isn't a Marquette exclusive phrase since Georgetown has one like it (as well as probably other schools).  I was wondering though if they had ones like it in past seasons/earlier this year, since I hadn't noticed them until I saw them on TV yesterday?

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 02:26:50 AM »
Did anyone ever make a shirt saying "It's not the size of your Diener, it is how you use him"

Nope , but I once made a sign saying "Play with your Diener and Crean your pants"

Got some good cheers, but got promptly and politely removed by the first TV timeout

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 08:49:37 AM »
I saw they also had on "We are DePaul" shirts.  I know that the "We are ..." isn't a Marquette exclusive phrase since Georgetown has one like it (as well as probably other schools).  I was wondering though if they had ones like it in past seasons/earlier this year, since I hadn't noticed them until I saw them on TV yesterday?

This is kind of like asking, "If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound" given the recent state of DePaul's program.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 10:36:31 AM »

I may or may not have been one of those students on aforementioned trip. The best was the return game at the Bradley Center a week later when several of the students from that trip brought out their DePaul shirts with a sign reading "We went to Allstate Arena and all we got were these crappy T-shirts."
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 11:57:25 AM »
I still have mine as well.  The best part was the priest that came over and said we would be ejected if we didn't give them back. 

Noone gave them back and noone was ejected. 

The t-shirt also made a tuition reference that still makes no sense to me.  I can't remember it off the top of my head.

feedback