[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[May 05, 2024, 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Losing Formula: Kneejerk Substituting (Wojo's forte)  (Read 27143 times)

Floorslapper

• All American
Re: Losing Formula: Kneejerk Substituting (Wojo's forte)
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2018, 04:20:24 PM »
I've never once reported a single poster or post to a moderator lol.  But keep telling yourself you're so important that everyone here has a vendetta against you.

I absolutely PM'd you at your request after you asked the exact same question.  Maybe it was over on Dodd's board after you had been banned at Scoop, and before you had been banned there (lol).  Try checking that accounts PMs.  I can't remember which username I sent it to on which board, it's hard to keep track of all your usernames because you get banned every few months, sorry.

My credentials don't need to be given to a bunch of people that don't care because you think you're some all knowing basketball knowledge because you dunked at a rec center and you were an All North Woods Conference performer your senior year 25 years ago.  But congrats to you, a great honor that you clearly are still very proud of.  As I've stated many a time, I don't know how such a decorated athlete like you would ever waste your time with someone who's never touched a basketball in his life like me.  Crazy, and I'm honored that you take the time to respond.  A true WIAA great, discussing sports with me.  What an honor.

#Wadesunhinged.

You should try to get some new material.  You are welcome to continue with your silly diatribe about my background/credentials, but we both know the truth:  You never PM'd me jack on the topic because you don't have ANY credentials as it relates to basketball.  So despite how minor mine are, yours are even more ridiculous. 

Yet, here you are, year after year, posting professing to #trusttheprocess and tell us just how great things are going to be under Wojo - while taking offense to those who don't think the guy has "it."  So far bud - It looks a hell of a lot more likely that your mancrush on Wojo was ill-advised (if you care about MU winning at a level on par with Crean and Buzz.)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2018, 04:25:57 PM »
Gotcha "how you utilize the forum."  That's rich. You don't seem to be able to comprehend or process that it takes two sides to have a debate and a "forum."  You and the same handful of posters go into your childish herd mentality and try to shout me down.  Talk about a bunch of puds.

OK.  Have a nice evening.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2018, 04:29:48 PM »
#Wadesunhinged.

You should try to get some new material.  You are welcome to continue with your silly diatribe about my background/credentials, but we both know the truth:  You never PM'd me jack on the topic because you don't have ANY credentials as it relates to basketball.  So despite how minor mine are, yours are even more ridiculous. 

Yet, here you are, year after year, posting professing to #trusttheprocess and tell us just how great things are going to be under Wojo - while taking offense to those who don't think the guy has "it."  So far bud - It looks a hell of a lot more likely that your mancrush on Wojo was ill-advised (if you care about MU winning at a level on par with Crean and Buzz.)

Lol.  Okay.  I guess I made it up then.  Your word against mine.  The guy who's been banned from multiple forums multiple times and claims that he was some superstar and still talks about it on said forums 20+ years later.  You can pretend I didn't send you one.  That's fine.  Again, I'm comfortable enough with myself that I don't need to tell everyone on an anonymous basketball forum that I once dunked a basketball at the MU Rec Center.  That's your thing pal.  And again, congrats, that's super cool.

The irony of you telling someone else to find new material...sheesh!  Lol.

I've never once in my life said trust the process.  Try again.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

fjm

• All American
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2018, 04:45:22 PM »
Just read this thread.

I laughed, I cried. I wasted every second. Amazing.

I didn’t gain any insight this whole thread. Good times.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2018, 05:46:56 PM »
Getting back to the topic of the thread. I have been incredibly impressed by how Patrick Ewing works with his young players. Akinjo and McClung both have a lot of talent, but are going through various growing issues. Akinjo playing out of control at times and McClung is 1-17 from 3. Ewing is demanding and periodically sits them,  but then shows confidence in these young players and brings them back into the game and  both have played solid roles in their victories as a result .

I have noticed the same thing with Ed Cooley. He is super tough on his kids but he never projects a lack of confidence in them.

A lot of management is how you communicate the message.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2018, 05:58:58 PM »
Getting back to the topic of the thread. I have been incredibly impressed by how Patrick Ewing works with his young players. Akinjo and McClung both have a lot of talent, but are going through various growing issues. Akinjo playing out of control at times and McClung is 1-17 from 3. Ewing is demanding and periodically sits them,  but then shows confidence in these young players and brings them back into the game and  both have played solid roles in their victories as a result .

I have noticed the same thing with Ed Cooley. He is super tough on his kids but he never projects a lack of confidence in them.

A lot of management is how you communicate the message.

Did you see how Wojo pulled Chartouny aside and calmed him down, clearly indicating confidence in him and helping settle his nerves before he came back in and changed the pace of the game.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2018, 06:03:38 PM »
Did you see how Wojo pulled Chartouny aside and calmed him down, clearly indicating confidence in him and helping settle his nerves before he came back in and changed the pace of the game.
Yes.  It was very encouraging.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2018, 07:25:34 PM »
Lol.  Okay.  I guess I made it up then.  Your word against mine.  The guy who's been banned from multiple forums multiple times and claims that he was some superstar and still talks about it on said forums 20+ years later.  You can pretend I didn't send you one.  That's fine.  Again, I'm comfortable enough with myself that I don't need to tell everyone on an anonymous basketball forum that I once dunked a basketball at the MU Rec Center.  That's your thing pal.  And again, congrats, that's super cool.

The irony of you telling someone else to find new material...sheesh!  Lol.

I've never once in my life said trust the process.  Try again.

My bad.  Even worse/cheesier - your continued moniker of:  Respect the process.  A quick use of the Search feature shows we have "respect the process" showing up in 15 pages of threads on MU Scoop - thanks to you coining that statement as it relates to Wojo.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2018, 07:30:16 PM »
My bad.  Even worse/cheesier - your continued moniker of:  Respect the process.  A quick use of the Search feature shows we have "respect the process" showing up in 15 pages of threads on MU Scoop - thanks to you coining that statement as it relates to Wojo.

So you were wrong? Got it. That’s what I said.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2018, 07:52:04 AM »
Fixed.  Traci's minutes were all over the place all season long.

We missed the NIT.  Results speak for themselves.  With a one and done on the roster.  Finished 97th in the country in Ken Pom. 

Yes.  It's an honor, actually. 

The inability of some of you to have the emotional fortitude to tolerate a different opinion than your own is really quite "snowflake." 

But then again, I get it - it probably is frustrating to have put all your chips on Wojo and now 4.5 years in without an NCAA tourney win, 2 missed NIT's and one NIT Quarterfinal - to have to try to pretzel logic yourself into a position of suggesting he's a good coach.

In what world is 4 games into a possible 40 game season equal to half of the season?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 08:27:56 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2018, 08:24:00 AM »
In what world is 4 games in equal to half of the season?

An 8 game middle school season. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2018, 08:28:09 AM »

touche'
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2018, 08:30:24 AM »
In what world is 4 games in equal to half of the season?

Right.  Of the 30 games MU played after the 3 games Ners references to start the season, Traci played 21 or more minutes in 23 of them.  Of the 7 that he did not, he finished with 4 or 5 fouls in 4 of them.  The narrative doesn't fit the agenda, but that's never stopped Ners from crying, so why start now?

And wouldn't you know it, Ners put up 50 burgers in half of his team's games in middle school.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2018, 08:38:52 AM »
Does he have any 6th grade eligibility left?    I might be able to use him, if he plays defense, passes the ball, and can handle my egalitarian substitution patterns.   
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:19:29 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2018, 09:29:48 AM »

Another thing I saw that seemed to help Joe get more comfortable was Sam encouraging him on the floor after an assist. I think it was later in the second half, and Chartouny was driving then passed back to Sam who laid it in (I think for an and-one). After the made basket Sam was fired up and chest bumped Chartouny, and if I can read lips at all, he said something like "that's the way we f***ing play!" 

I'm sure there were a number of moments that helped Joe on Saturday, but he seemed to get a little attitude, a little swagger after Sam's chest bump. It was almost like you could see the team gelling there. And hopefully that continues to happen more and more and can translate into some better offensive rhythm.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2018, 09:35:06 AM »
I'm sure there were a number of moments that helped Joe on Saturday, but he seemed to get a little attitude, a little swagger after Sam's chest bump. It was almost like you could see the team gelling there. And hopefully that continues to happen more and more and can translate into some better offensive rhythm.

Yep, seemed like a little more glue was being spread around the team.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2018, 11:57:03 AM »
Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2018, 11:59:34 AM »
Yep, seemed like a little more glue was being spread around the team.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2018, 12:00:10 PM »
Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.
How much you wanna bet I could throw a football over them mountains?

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2018, 12:28:04 PM »
In what world is 4 games into a possible 40 game season equal to half of the season?

Guess the topic won't die.  What does a "possible" 40 game season have to do with the concrete 33 game season that year?  Your point doesn't change the fact Wojo started that season thinking Cheatham was the answer at PG, just as he has this year with Howard at PG.

Furthermore, Traci didn't hit 30 minutes of playing time in the first 15 Big East games that season.  Most starters play 30 minutes on a consistent basis in college hoop.

Right.  Of the 30 games MU played after the 3 games Ners references to start the season, Traci played 21 or more minutes in 23 of them.  Of the 7 that he did not, he finished with 4 or 5 fouls in 4 of them.  The narrative doesn't fit the agenda, but that's never stopped Ners from crying, so why start now?

And wouldn't you know it, Ners put up 50 burgers in half of his team's games in middle school.

Great point.  Traci played about 55% of available minutes.  Someone else was running the point the other 45% of the time.

BTW - Is 50 burger your new #respecttheprocess? 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2018, 12:32:37 PM »
Guess the topic won't die.  What does a "possible" 40 game season have to do with the concrete 33 game season that year?  Your point doesn't change the fact Wojo started that season thinking Cheatham was the answer at PG, just as he has this year with Howard at PG.

Furthermore, Traci didn't hit 30 minutes of playing time in the first 15 Big East games that season.  Most starters play 30 minutes on a consistent basis in college hoop.

With trepidation I wade into this $hitshow. You said 4.5 seasons of the Wojo era, and as we are 4 games into the 5th season, it would appear that 4.5 is a very poor representation of where we are.

Further, you seem to be down on the Howard as PG era, and while I have my concerns, what exactly do you have issue with regarding Howard as PG?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2018, 12:33:17 PM »

Great point.  Traci played about 55% of available minutes.  Someone else was running the point the other 45% of the time.

Or simply early in the season Traci/JC were not ready/performing well and needed a little time to work into the role, to not overwhelm them early and hurt their development.  And the plan the entire time was to transition them to primary roles as the early season progressed.

You know, just like every major respected coach does, and how numerous hall of fame coaches do. 

Nah, that couldn't be, because you played high-school ball and know better than anyone.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2018, 12:33:38 PM »

WTH are you talking about in your response? You said

But then again, I get it - it probably is frustrating to have put all your chips on Wojo and now 4.5 years in without an NCAA tourney win, 2 missed NIT's and one NIT Quarterfinal - to have to try to pretzel logic yourself into a position of suggesting he's a good coach.

It is not 4.5 seasons into Wojo's tenure unless you're expecting there to be 8 games this year. Nowhere did I mention Traci or anything else
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2018, 12:34:59 PM »
With trepidation I wade into this $hitshow. You said 4.5 seasons of the Wojo era, and as we are 4 games into the 5th season, it would appear that 4.5 is a very poor representation of where we are.

Further, you seem to be down on the Howard as PG era, and while I have my concerns, what exactly do you have issue with regarding Howard as PG?

Thank you for helping me explain that. Seems like it made sense to everybody but him.
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2018, 12:36:11 PM »
Thank you for helping me explain that. Seems like it made sense to everybody but him.

Evergreen statement about Ners