collapse

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Crean Interviewed on Jim Rome - Who Was He Talking About??  (Read 5952 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Crean Interviewed on Jim Rome - Who Was He Talking About??
« on: July 10, 2008, 05:36:19 PM »
Crean was interviewed on Jim Rome's ESPN TV show today (July 10).  Rome was out and Bonnie Bernstein did the interview (and she was especially hot today, but I digress).

It was a wide ranging interview and he had nice things to say about MU.  He also said that IU has been frustrating at times ... said some of the kids dismissed were not interested in basketball and refused to talk about drug use on the team (how did a dysfunctional team like this get rated #8?).  However, he did say the following (and I'm paraphrasing) ....

I'm frustrated as the recruiting restrictions prevent me from being on the road right now.  Instead of talking to you I'd rather be in Louisville or Rock Island."

These references seemed too specific to be a general comment about not being able to recruit.  So, who in Louisville and/or Rock Island could he be talking about?  Are they MU recruits?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:41:11 PM by AnotherMU84 »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Crean Interviewed on Jim Rome - Who Was He Talking About??
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »
hey tom, did you think to ask about the recruiting restrictions that were 1) in place already and 2) about to be put in place before you jumped to I4?  dumbass.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 01:18:31 AM »
hey tom, did you think to ask about the recruiting restrictions that were 1) in place already and 2) about to be put in place before you jumped to I4?  dumbass.

+1 for the post

+10 for the last word.     WORD. :)
SS Marquette

bma725

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 02:14:58 AM »

I'm frustrated as the recruiting restrictions prevent me from being on the road right now.  Instead of talking to you I'd rather be in Louisville or Rock Island."

These references seemed too specific to be a general comment about not being able to recruit.  So, who in Louisville and/or Rock Island could he be talking about?  Are they MU recruits?

He's not talking about players, he's talking about going to tournaments.  The KY Hoopfest is happening right now in Louisville.  There's a ton of top talent there, and coaches from all over the country have been there scouting players. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 09:11:05 AM »
BMA:

Any idea what the Rock Island reference was about?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 12:18:35 PM »
BMA:

Any idea what the Rock Island reference was about?

I'm certain he was referencing a retreat he would like to attend with LaRussa, McCarthy,  Maddox, O'Brien, and other movers and shakers who he could rub asses with and later name drop.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jce

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 04:05:06 PM »

He knows that.  He's just setting the bar low for next season.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 09:21:11 PM »
http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=395121

I see I wasn't the only one that picked up on that reference.  Thanks for the post.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 10:28:30 PM »
Here's the kid the QC Times referred to:

Chasson Randle

Scouting Report: A smooth guard with very good skills and extremely long arms.  Randle is a well-equiped ball handler that scores and distributes.  He has a nice midrange game and is good at creating for himself and others while attacking the rim.  He has good court vision and a high IQ.  He needs to add strength but that should come in time.
http://www.midstatehoops.com/players/profiles/2011/chasson_randle.html

(Subscription needed)
https://secure.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=illinois.rivals.com&sid=922&script=content.asp&cid=808748&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

ChicagoHoops Rankings (Randle #2 in Class 2011)
http://www.chicagohoops.com/articles1/2011rankings.html

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:30:17 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

feedback