[Today at 01:04:50 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by Hards Alumni
[Today at 09:57:34 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by warriorchick
[May 18, 2024, 07:14:15 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[May 18, 2024, 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Coffee pods?  (Read 4246 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Coffee pods?
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2020, 05:59:48 PM »
Nespresso machine for lattes, cappuccino,  or espressos. French press for regular cup of Joe, Cona  coffee maker when I have the time.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2020, 08:01:00 PM »

What do you use for your pour over - Chemex, Hario, Kalita, something else? I have a Hario V60 that does a nice job.

My go-to is espresso drinks that I make on a dual boiler machine in my kitchen. I have had it for about seven years now and know my own taste well enough that I can usually make a better cappuccino (IMHO) than many good coffee places.

BODUM Pour Over Coffee Maker Grip, 8 Cup, 34 Ounce, Double Wall Cork

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2020, 09:02:02 AM »
Filtron Cold Brewer to make coffee concentrate. 24 hour brew. Capresso Burr Grinder. Dark Matter beans. I can make either hot coffee or cold brew each morning then in under 90 seconds to my exact strength. Typically 30oz Yeti filled with ice with 5oz concentrate and 7 oz filtered cold water.

Cold Brew Extraction > Hot Brew Extraction any day of the week.
But I like to throw handfuls...

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2020, 09:22:14 AM »
Filtron Cold Brewer to make coffee concentrate. 24 hour brew. Capresso Burr Grinder. Dark Matter beans. I can make either hot coffee or cold brew each morning then in under 90 seconds to my exact strength. Typically 30oz Yeti filled with ice with 5oz concentrate and 7 oz filtered cold water.

Cold Brew Extraction > Hot Brew Extraction any day of the week.

You da man.  The grinder is a big deal.  The small grinders are inconsistent.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2020, 09:26:10 AM »

What do you use for your pour over - Chemex, Hario, Kalita, something else? I have a Hario V60 that does a nice job.

My go-to is espresso drinks that I make on a dual boiler machine in my kitchen. I have had it for about seven years now and know my own taste well enough that I can usually make a better cappuccino (IMHO) than many good coffee places.

Hadn't had decent cappuccino in America.  In Italy they have serious barista contests.  They do tulips, roses, christmas trees, hearts, horses, castles, faces, really amazing.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2020, 10:20:45 AM »
Hadn't had decent cappuccino in America.  In Italy they have serious barista contests.  They do tulips, roses, christmas trees, hearts, horses, castles, faces, really amazing.

What tastes better, the tulip or the rose?
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2020, 05:25:18 PM »

Yeah, here in America you have to look pretty hard to find something really good. And even the best coffee places may have just one or two decent baristas, so it’s often luck of the draw.

When I have been in Italy, I have typically just gotten the straight espresso, because it is so well-made.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2020, 05:36:28 PM »
You da man.  The grinder is a big deal.  The small grinders are inconsistent.

Yep. You can have the best coffee maker and brewing technique in the world, but if you have an inconsistent grind you’re going to get crappy coffee. I use a Mazzer Mini, and the grind quality is very good.

One of these days, I’d love to splurge on a Caedo E37SD. 83 mm titanium burrs, and specifically designed for single dosing. I’ll just have to pack my bags before my wife sees how much I paid.  :D

https://www.chriscoffee.com/products/ceado-e37sd-espresso-grinder

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2020, 05:51:53 PM »

Yep. You can have the best coffee maker and brewing technique in the world, but if you have an inconsistent grind you’re going to get crappy coffee. I use a Mazzer Mini, and the grind quality is very good.

One of these days, I’d love to splurge on a Caedo E37SD. 83 mm titanium burrs, and specifically designed for single dosing. I’ll just have to pack my bags before my wife sees how much I paid.  :D

I thought my rancilio was an investment.  Good job. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2020, 09:02:06 PM »

For 2400 bucks, that thing better do laundry and give you a bj twice a week.