[Today at 10:46:03 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Viper
[Today at 10:44:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: He's BAAAAAACK!!!!  (Read 4316 times)

brandx

Re: He's BAAAAAACK!!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 02:09:48 PM »

No, but there isn't a market for your basic idiot.

You must be pretty young then - not been in the job market too long.

Generally speaking, there are as many good people/idiots in any walk of life as among athletes.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 02:10:54 PM »
I like you, bro.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »
You must be pretty young then - not been in the job market too long.

Generally speaking, there are as many good people/idiots in any walk of life as among athletes.

4ever is older than the 'lanche, bro
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:06:06 PM by Hards_Alumni »

brandx

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 02:59:07 PM »
4ever is older than the 'lance, bro

Well, considering George Thompson was the reason I became a 'Warrior' fan, I guess I am too.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 03:08:53 PM »
Completely disagree. There could be several guys in that range who are better. Willie Cauley Stein will probably be a better player overall and there are several non-centers who could be better (no way Embiid lasts past the top 5 picks).

WCS is a top-10 pick in my mind. Celtics pick is 15+ if they make the playoffs.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2013, 03:13:35 PM »
I think I disagree - the 3rd pick should bring a big-time scorer, making Sanders' defense even more important. And Henson doesn't have the bulk to play too many minutes at the '5'. That being said, IF they could get a lottery pick for him, I'd jump at it in a second. With this year's draft, there will be guys picked in the 10 - 14 range that will end up being on some all-star teams.

My point was I would rather trade Sanders and lose more games, thus getting the 3rd pick. I think Sanders is the Bucks best center and a Top 5 defensive player. That said, the tank is the most important asset. Keep the worst record and you are guaranteed Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, or Exum. After that it drops off.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »
If Sanders comes back there will be more players and less minutes overall to go around.  Adding Sanders bumps Henson's minutes, which probably bumps Ersan's minutes to the SF role.  There are more rotations available with Sanders back, so Giannis getting less minutes is probably guaranteed.

The problem isn't who is better in the 13-20 range than Sanders, its that Larry is due $11 million dollars per year over the next four years.  If the Bucks can pull someone at a fourth of the salary and become better in the back court they have to do it.  Additionally, this coming years draft is probably the deepest since 2003... or 1996... maybe 1984 draft.

When was the last time Ersan played SF? That said, I agree with that it could take away minutes with less GBo, Middleton, Butler 2-4 lineups.

Are you talking high-end talent or deep overall? I think the draft is really average after the top 10. Look at last year's draft. Picks 9-25 were pretty solid overall and plenty of talent available. Those were all solid rotation caliber players that just didn't have the high-end talent that people recognize. Last year's class was really deep for average players. After WCS, I don't see anyone who screams "I'm not a stud but would be a great asset to your team."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 03:24:52 PM »
When was the last time Ersan played SF? That said, I agree with that it could take away minutes with less GBo, Middleton, Butler 2-4 lineups.

Are you talking high-end talent or deep overall? I think the draft is really average after the top 10. Look at last year's draft. Picks 9-25 were pretty solid overall and plenty of talent available. Those were all solid rotation caliber players that just didn't have the high-end talent that people recognize. Last year's class was really deep for average players. After WCS, I don't see anyone who screams "I'm not a stud but would be a great asset to your team."

It isn't really my evaluation, a lot of draft experts are saying its a very strong draft overall.  Much stronger than last years by a lot.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 03:33:10 PM »
It isn't really my evaluation, a lot of draft experts are saying its a very strong draft overall.  Much stronger than last years by a lot.
Can you point me to anyone in particular? I would be curious what guys they think are strong NBA in the middle of the draft. I always thought this class was really top heavy but I'll admit college bball isn't my strength.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
Can you point me to anyone in particular? I would be curious what guys they think are strong NBA in the middle of the draft. I always thought this class was really top heavy but I'll admit college bball isn't my strength.

Ford: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/9559829/2014-nba-draft-incredible-depth-make-2014-best-ever

Adam Zagoria: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/06/01/zagoria-why-the-2014-nba-draft-will-crush-the-2013-draft/

Two nationally recognized basketbal writers.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 05:44:47 PM »
Ford: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/9559829/2014-nba-draft-incredible-depth-make-2014-best-ever

Adam Zagoria: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/06/01/zagoria-why-the-2014-nba-draft-will-crush-the-2013-draft/

Two nationally recognized basketbal writers.

I'm going to sign up tomorrow for espn and read the ford article, but where does it say anything about it being a string draft for the second article. He just says its a way better draft than 2013 because of the top players. I agree when you look back at the drafts you only care about those players. In this case however, we were talking about strength of mid round players because we are discussing the value of the 15th pick.

feedback