[Today at 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2023 Portal Transfers  (Read 168955 times)

1318WWells

• Starter
Re: 2023 Portal Transfers
« Reply #850 on: April 15, 2023, 04:08:36 PM »
When are scoopers going to start getting paid for all their advice and expert analysis?

Amen!

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #851 on: April 15, 2023, 06:40:47 PM »
College athletes are the only people incapable of getting paid for their work and doing what's best for the team/company  ::)

I'm assuming this was a joke, but if not, there is a massively long list of people who don't get paid for doing their work and doing what's best for the team/company.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #852 on: April 15, 2023, 10:36:36 PM »
When are scoopers going to start getting paid for all their advice and expert analysis?

I already get paid via NIL.

Ain’t doin this for nothin.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #853 on: April 15, 2023, 10:40:51 PM »

Write a letter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #854 on: April 16, 2023, 09:32:23 AM »

Have you not been receiving your direct deposits?  Double check the bank info in your profile.  Accounting won't process if you don't verify your routing/account #s.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #855 on: April 16, 2023, 09:33:20 AM »
I appreciate the checks from scoop supporting my golf habit.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #856 on: April 16, 2023, 09:36:00 AM »
Have you not been receiving your direct deposits?  Double check the bank info in your profile.  Accounting won't process if you don't verify your routing/account #s.

I did that. They said my advice and analysis was not worth anything. I think they're just trying to stiff me.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #857 on: April 16, 2023, 09:38:41 AM »
You took yours in bitcoin, didn't you.   I took mine in cabbage patch kids.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #858 on: April 16, 2023, 09:53:36 AM »
I did that. They said my advice and analysis was not worth anything. I think they're just trying to stiff me.

You must not be using enough advanced analytics in your posts.  Never start a post with “eye test.”  Think “what would Kenpom do?”
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 09:55:33 AM by PointWarrior »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #859 on: April 16, 2023, 10:02:06 AM »

You must not be using enough advanced analytics in your posts.  Never start a post with “eye test.”  Think “what would Kenpom do?”

That’s a good point.  That’s what many successful college basketball coaches do, use advanced analytics to improve their roster and make their team better.  Also, they use it for scheduling.  It’s a brave new world many Joe Beer Guts don’t believe in despite all the evidence to the contrary
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #860 on: April 16, 2023, 12:47:51 PM »
Dylan Addae-Wusu and Posh Alexander not getting much attention in the portal.
VIOLENCE!

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #861 on: April 16, 2023, 12:49:10 PM »
How do you know this?

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #862 on: April 16, 2023, 01:42:36 PM »

Kinda not true. More incorrect for posh.

Posh has at least 4 power conference teams in on him.

Wusu has seton hall and 90% of A-10 schools.

Also transfers go in waves. So as more guys striker put on top 30 prospects, the more interest they’ll get.

Posh might be a priority for Seton Hall, Pitt, and Butler but the is a real backup option at Louisville and two Big 10 schools. These guys get told to be patient and wait.

Also many staffs are just on vacation this week. If they want to visit, it’s difficult.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #863 on: April 16, 2023, 02:00:44 PM »
Kinda not true. More incorrect for posh.

Posh has at least 4 power conference teams in on him.

Wusu has seton hall and 90% of A-10 schools.

Also transfers go in waves. So as more guys striker put on top 30 prospects, the more interest they’ll get.

Posh might be a priority for Seton Hall, Pitt, and Butler but the is a real backup option at Louisville and two Big 10 schools. These guys get told to be patient and wait.

Also many staffs are just on vacation this week. If they want to visit, it’s difficult.

Man, I felt Wusu showed a ton against us...reminded me some of Deonte Burton.  I'd personally love to see MU add him if they have 2 openings, which I think we do right now?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #864 on: April 16, 2023, 02:06:59 PM »
Man, I felt Wusu showed a ton against us...reminded me some of Deonte Burton.  I'd personally love to see MU add him if they have 2 openings, which I think we do right now?

Only if you assume Omax isn't coming back.

I also really like Addae Wusu, hope he ends up outside the Big East
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #865 on: April 16, 2023, 02:59:27 PM »
The Posh Alexander decline has been interesting.  A far more drastic (and less talented player) version of Dominic James.  I remember him being in the discussion for BE POY as a freshman, was DPOY…now he regressed terribly offensively, wasn’t a lockdown defender, and wasn’t even the best player, or even second best, on his own team

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #866 on: April 16, 2023, 03:10:47 PM »
Interesting tidbit in the ESPN article about West Virginia.

Spearheaded by the Country Roads Trust collective, founded by Forbes-listed billionaire Arizona Diamondbacks owner Ken Kendrick and former Mountaineers athletic director Oliver Luck, West Virginia has significantly increased its activity in the name, image and likeness (NIL) space, reeling in one of the transfer portal's top point guards in Arizona's Kerr Kriisa.

Edwards said that the NIL factor at West Virginia was "a bonus," but not the primary factor in his decision-making process.

"I mostly wanted to have a fresh start and a new challenge," Edwards said. "NIL isn't what I'm playing for. I didn't really want to get into this, but it doesn't seem that Syracuse as an organization is that into that. I'm not really sure what their plan is or what the school's idea is behind it. For me it was something that they couldn't offer in that way."

Both of the players mentioned are foreigners. Seems they found a way to get them NIL.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 03:13:14 PM by lawdog77 »

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #867 on: April 16, 2023, 03:34:28 PM »
How do you know this?

His expert portal social media analytics.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #868 on: April 16, 2023, 05:03:07 PM »

Interesting tidbit in the ESPN article about West Virginia.

Spearheaded by the Country Roads Trust collective, founded by Forbes-listed billionaire Arizona Diamondbacks owner Ken Kendrick and former Mountaineers athletic director Oliver Luck, West Virginia has significantly increased its activity in the name, image and likeness (NIL) space, reeling in one of the transfer portal's top point guards in Arizona's Kerr Kriisa.

Edwards said that the NIL factor at West Virginia was "a bonus," but not the primary factor in his decision-making process.

"I mostly wanted to have a fresh start and a new challenge," Edwards said. "NIL isn't what I'm playing for. I didn't really want to get into this, but it doesn't seem that Syracuse as an organization is that into that. I'm not really sure what their plan is or what the school's idea is behind it. For me it was something that they couldn't offer in that way."

Both of the players mentioned are foreigners. Seems they found a way to get them NIL.

In summary, billionaire is able to establish business in Europe to sponsor student athletes in their home countries and pay them while they are there.

(Most schools don’t have this)

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #869 on: April 16, 2023, 05:12:21 PM »

In summary, billionaire is able to establish business in Europe to sponsor student athletes in their home countries and pay them while they are there.

Does anyone actually still believe this money is because of NIL? Pretty clear that creating a shell company to pay a kid to play at your favorite college has nothing to do with NIL.

Also, it has everything to do with the name of the college, and not market rate for talent. No one would pay them the equivalent to play for the G-league.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #870 on: April 16, 2023, 05:15:44 PM »

So you are saying Ken Kendricks established a business in Estonia within the last 2 weeks to funnel NIL money to Kriisa?, Same with Edwards and the Netherlands?

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #871 on: April 16, 2023, 05:20:16 PM »
So you are saying Ken Kendricks established a business in Estonia within the last 2 weeks to funnel NIL money to Kriisa?, Same with Edwards and the Netherlands?

No. He could have had a business in Europe , or has a friend that has a business there countries and has combined them to help sponsor these athletes. Shooting commercial, making adds, and giving them payments in those countries.

Some schools are going to have NIL for foreign athletes established, and others won’t. It’s just not straight forward. Like if the director of NIL or the top5 boosters in Syracuse don’t have this set up it will be difficult to do it in 1 summers time. (Especially if it’s for 1 athlete)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 05:42:04 PM by jfp61 »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #872 on: April 16, 2023, 06:08:19 PM »
Does anyone actually still believe this money is because of NIL? Pretty clear that creating a shell company to pay a kid to play at your favorite college has nothing to do with NIL.

Also, it has everything to do with the name of the college, and not market rate for talent. No one would pay them the equivalent to play for the G-league.

It seems to me that the market is setting itself. And playing in a college jersey is just more valuable than playing in a G League jersey. Just like Giannis would be less valuable playing in Romania.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #873 on: April 16, 2023, 06:10:28 PM »
Huggins and WVU are a odd fit for Kriisa
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #874 on: April 16, 2023, 06:19:49 PM »
"Nahiem Alleyne won’t be the only remaining Big East player in the portal to transfer within the conference. Stay tuned."

Alleyne from UConn to St. Johns and more to come from Big East to Big East per John Fanta.
VIOLENCE!