[Today at 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2023 Portal Transfers  (Read 168964 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 2023 Portal Transfers
« Reply #675 on: April 07, 2023, 07:06:02 AM »
He gowne
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #676 on: April 07, 2023, 08:20:44 AM »
Can't we just get Marcus Lemonis to get him on an episode of The Renovator instead?

I'll even volunteer my house for this.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #677 on: April 07, 2023, 08:49:41 AM »
Nembhard is in portal now.

If Arizona offers this guy 1M, what is Kolek, Campbell from UCLA, Harris from Kansas, and others worth?  That figure seems just way overboard. 

Max Abmas’s coach from Oral Roberts is now at Witchita State, FYI.

I'm sure the NCAA will come after Arizona very soon for tampering and illegal contact with Nembhard.

panda

• All American
« Reply #678 on: April 07, 2023, 09:07:10 AM »
I'm sure the NCAA will come after Arizona very soon for tampering and illegal contact with Nembhard.

Teal ?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #679 on: April 07, 2023, 09:18:04 AM »
And DHS will be conducting a raid as well, deporting Nembhard. The Dept of Education will then forcibly close U of A.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #680 on: April 07, 2023, 09:44:31 AM »
Dude is a sockpuppet following only weird betting accounts and creighton accounts, followed by one "this mf paid for twitter" blue check and a random data page.

That there is trolling...

but I agree, I could do without that doubt in my life.

Sadly so far some of these little weird accounts have been right but I think this one looks to be just an ass-hat. Kam has been radio silent on social media since the season ended. Of all of our guys I feel like he is the one I am most concerned about being shown $$$...wouldnt have to sit a year....

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #681 on: April 07, 2023, 09:53:40 AM »

Sadly so far some of these little weird accounts have been right but I think this one looks to be just an ass-hat. Kam has been radio silent on social media since the season ended. Of all of our guys I feel like he is the one I am most concerned about being shown $$$...wouldnt have to sit a year....

Kam is quite easily our best scorer, but I'm not worried about him one bit.

Could he leave? Sure. But he's in the perfect situation getting 30 minutes with an ultra green light in an ideal offensive system.

I also have confidence that if he did leave, Shaka would find a way to make Chase Ross just as good if not better with increased minutes. I trust the system we have in place.
VIOLENCE!

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #682 on: April 07, 2023, 09:55:04 AM »
And DHS will be conducting a raid as well, deporting Nembhard. The Dept of Education will then forcibly close U of A.
Is University of Arizona considered an educational institution?  ;)

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #683 on: April 07, 2023, 10:26:19 AM »
Kam is quite easily our best scorer, but I'm not worried about him one bit.

Could he leave? Sure. But he's in the perfect situation getting 30 minutes with an ultra green light in an ideal offensive system.

I also have confidence that if he did leave, Shaka would find a way to make Chase Ross just as good if not better with increased minutes. I trust the system we have in place.

If Kam leaves, it's for the money. I don't think its possible to have a better situation than what he has at Marquette. Familiarity, title contending team, ultimate green light and as many minutes as he can play. No other team can offer all of those factors. But other programs can certainly offer a ton of cash. If that's the case, hopefully Marquette can match.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #684 on: April 07, 2023, 10:56:58 AM »
Quote from: GoldenEagles03 link=topic=64559.msg1544242#msg1544242 date=

Quote from: Tha Hound link=topic=64559.msg1544245#msg1544245 date=
If Kam leaves, it's for the money. I don't think its possible to have a better situation than what he has at Marquette. Familiarity, title contending team, ultimate green light and as many minutes as he can play

I don't think it's just cash.

Considering that Chase Ross is already being viewed here by some as someone who would be just as good if not better with increased minutes, Kam could very well be feeling the heat behind him and concerned about a reduced role going forward. 

And that's before you consider what Lowry and Norman bring to the table.

In any event, I don't think he's going to get "as many minutes as he can play" since he probably wants to play more than the 30 mpg he's getting now.  Given Chase's development and the fact we're adding two talented guards to the roster, It seems almost a certainty that he'll see fewer minutes next season. 

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #685 on: April 07, 2023, 11:05:00 AM »
If Kam leaves, it's for the money. I don't think its possible to have a better situation than what he has at Marquette. Familiarity, title contending team, ultimate green light and as many minutes as he can play. No other team can offer all of those factors. But other programs can certainly offer a ton of cash. If that's the case, hopefully Marquette can match.

100% - You dont need to look far for an example of a guy getting all the minutes with a star role on a good team waiting for him (Nembhard). If Kam leaves its for $$$...if UNC is involved (which again this is probably BS from a Creighton fan bitter at a Willie Wampum account putting the Nembhard news out early and this account doubting it) then yeah maybe he would go there for the history and $$$.

Probably nothing but right now nothing can be assumed until practices start - hell even when the season starts

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #686 on: April 07, 2023, 11:05:07 AM »

Considering that Chase Ross is already being viewed here by some as someone who would be just as good if not better with increased minutes, Kam could very well be feeling the heat behind him and concerned about a reduced role going forward. 

In any event, I don't think he's going to get "as many minutes as he can play" since he probably wants to play more than the 30 mpg he's getting now.  Given Chase's development and the fact we're adding two talented guards to the roster, It seems almost a certainty that he'll see fewer minutes next season.
That's your problem. You're building an argument on a not very sturdy foundation.  You're assuming people here know ball

If Kam leaves, signs point  to $$. But then again people leave for all sorts of reasons:
Uniform colors
Girlfriends
Loves the James Taylor Song

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #687 on: April 07, 2023, 11:19:24 AM »
I'm going to hope that the opinions of some on Scoop aren't driving player transfer decisions.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #688 on: April 07, 2023, 11:20:37 AM »
Only in comparison with Arizona State
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #689 on: April 07, 2023, 11:20:45 AM »

I highly doubt a 2nd team All-BE player is going to be losing minutes (unless we are blowing teams out on a nightly basis).

Stevie, Chase, Sean, Tre, and Zaide will be competing for minutes with each other.   It'll be fun to watch the competition play out.  Plus, plenty of depth to cover for injuries.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #690 on: April 07, 2023, 11:40:53 AM »
Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein
North Carolina transfer Caleb Love has committed to Michigan, per his Twitter page.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #691 on: April 07, 2023, 11:48:50 AM »

Kam does not feel any heat. Good grief. The guy is a stud.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 02:31:28 PM by 79Warrior »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #692 on: April 07, 2023, 12:00:00 PM »
Kim does not feel any heat. Good grief. The guy is a stud.

Kim?

onepost

• All American
« Reply #693 on: April 07, 2023, 12:20:35 PM »
Are we really spending any time discussing a possible transfer of arguably our most beloved player to UNC because bitter Creighton fan troll account @bloocroo1 was pissed that a Marquette fan called the Nembhard news a day early??  We're really doing this?

The guy has 2 followers, only tweets typical troll drivel, and 5 minutes after lashing out to an admitted Marquette fan tweets an absurd rumor regarding a Marquette player out of spite.  Yet there are now discussions that Kam would leave because he's feeling the Chase Ross heat and he's secretly money-hungry for a bag only UNC can fulfill.  Seriously, be better.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 12:23:05 PM by onepostkhalifa »

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #694 on: April 07, 2023, 12:21:22 PM »

I can assure you there is no scenario where a healthy Kam Jones sees a decreased role and I'm sure he knows that.

Chase Ross will get the full reigns only when Kam decides to leave for professional opportunities.  Chase is significantly more likely to take minutes from Stevie.
VIOLENCE!

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #695 on: April 07, 2023, 12:26:23 PM »

Kam strikes me as a very confident guy. I highly doubt he’s worried about Chase or the incoming freshman.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #696 on: April 07, 2023, 12:31:08 PM »
Are we really spending any time discussing a possible transfer of arguably our most beloved player to UNC because bitter Creighton fan troll account @bloocroo1 was pissed that a Marquette fan called the Nembhard news a day early??  We're really doing this?

The guy has 2 followers, only tweets typical troll drivel, and 5 minutes after lashing out to an admitted Marquette fan tweets an absurd rumor regarding a Marquette player out of spite.  Yet there are now discussions that Kam would leave because he's feeling the Chase Ross heat and he's secretly money-hungry for a bag only UNC can fulfill.  Seriously, be better.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Kam with Hubert Davis at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #697 on: April 07, 2023, 12:32:43 PM »
“It’s so bad in the portal right now. I had a coach call me and say that some of his best head coaching friends are actively trying to recruit players on his roster away to their teams behind his back. That's how bad it is” - @GoodmanHoops
VIOLENCE!

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #698 on: April 07, 2023, 12:37:39 PM »

Yeah I mean that's just one guys (really bad) take

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #699 on: April 07, 2023, 01:38:50 PM »

The scenery is nice!  8-)
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

feedback