[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 79634 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #525 on: August 08, 2021, 05:42:28 PM »
He didn’t. He just us makes us look bad.

Thank goodness for the University
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #526 on: August 08, 2021, 06:50:38 PM »
How about this for a roadblock. Vaccines that are available now only attack the spikes of the virus, consequently those vaccines are not as effective as natural immunity. In short vaccines that we have cannot stop transmission.

In addition, there has never been an effective vaccine developed to stop Covid viruses, including influenza, which at best is only 50% effective.

Two of the most vaccinated countries in the world, Israel and the UK, are experiencing 30 to 50% of hospitalizations during the surges from vaccinated people.

Natural immunity is the most effective deterrent. There are plenty of roadblocks out there, including a really big one: The vaccination Nazis.
Solid numbers Ron Johnson.  What is your point? Chances of dieing from the flu or COVID decrease greatly when you are vaccinated...but yeah the anti-vaccers, anti-maskers, captitol insurrectioners, bleachers, hydroxychloroquine users, over by july 4 then easter, etc. crowd is great.

Your old ass should get vaccinated...it could save your life...and has been proven not to harm you.  If you want to be a dumbass...your choice.  Every living President has been vaccinated...this isn't even political...it's simple.  Clearly you know more than those advising our Presidents. 

How many deaths would it take to hit natural immunity?  If the vaccine is useless, as you state the numbers for Isreal and the UK, then why would it stop us from getting natural immunity? 

And not to continue to show your stupidity...but stating that 30-50% of hospitalizations are from vaccinated people means absolutely nothing without knowing what percentage of the population is vaccinated, etc. 

Some numbers from crazy liberal NBC news:

In California, infected unvaccinated people were 142 times as likely to need hospitalization as infected vaccinated people.

In New Jersey, unvaccinated people were 1,058 times as likely to need hospitalization.

In Washington state, the sickest patients were 62 times as likely to die if they were unvaccinated.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #527 on: August 08, 2021, 07:18:02 PM »
To pile on with avid, a recent study shows that the unvaccinated are 2.34 times as likely to get reinfected with Covid when compared to the vaccinated.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7032e1.htm

Still, early days as far as studies like this go, but it's n=246 with over 400 control patients.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #528 on: August 08, 2021, 09:01:02 PM »
really? So you’ve exposed yourself as 12 yrs old.

I’m not the 12 year old in this exchange. Just someone who’s lost patience with the level of abject stupidity and selfishness in this country.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #529 on: August 08, 2021, 09:06:23 PM »
How about this for a roadblock. Vaccines that are available now only attack the spikes of the virus, consequently those vaccines are not as effective as natural immunity. In short vaccines that we have cannot stop transmission.

In addition, there has never been an effective vaccine developed to stop Covid viruses, including influenza, which at best is only 50% effective.

Two of the most vaccinated countries in the world, Israel and the UK, are experiencing 30 to 50% of hospitalizations during the surges from vaccinated people.

Natural immunity is the most effective deterrent. There are plenty of roadblocks out there, including a really big one: The vaccination Nazis.

Just sad.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #530 on: August 08, 2021, 09:21:59 PM »

It was bait.  Just that. You are the one who disclosed she is a nurse.

You are one of the few that resorts to name calling when someone disagrees with you.  Like calling people stupid or racist. 

Like I said, it was bait.  Believe or not, we can agree on it is silly for people to not get vaccinated.  However, I am not going to intimate they are lesser for their beliefs.

For all you know, some may be obtuse, some may be bad people, and some may be outstanding, charitable human beings in every other aspect of their life.   

My opinion, stop being so binary, and enjoy life.

All that said, get vaccinated people.

Sent PM.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #531 on: August 09, 2021, 06:01:26 AM »
None of it is false, numbnuts. But go ahead and believe the verbal bull the government brainwashed your numb brain with.

The bar was on the ground, and you grabbed a shovel. 

blue and gold

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #532 on: August 09, 2021, 07:09:36 AM »
I hate to be this guy, but does this thread belong in the Superbar?

I haven't seen any reference to Marquette Basketball on many pages of this thread.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #533 on: August 09, 2021, 07:40:55 AM »
I hate to be this guy, but does this thread belong in the Superbar?

I haven't seen any reference to Marquette Basketball on many pages of this thread.

I second the motion.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #534 on: August 09, 2021, 08:42:48 AM »

NO! The biggest roadblock to all of this is not vaccination Nazi's, it's god damn misinformation like this!   ALL of these statements are extremely easy to prove FALSE.  Read thoroughly below and tell me I'm wrong.  I unnatural carnal knowledgeing dare you.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention today released a study confirming the comparative effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines versus natural immunity, including immunity gained from prior SARS-CoV-2 infection. Researchers found that, among hundreds of Kentucky residents with previous infections through June 2021, those who were unvaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated. CDC says the research suggests that among people who have had COVID-19 previously, getting fully vaccinated provides additional protection against reinfection.
A second CDC study, published concurrently, shows the extent to which vaccines prevented COVID-19-related hospitalizations among the highest risk age groups.
https://www.aha.org/news/headline/2021-08-06-cdc-study-confirms-vaccinations-greater-protection-against-covid-19

This lacks context.  True no effective COVID vaccines have been available – but they’ve been working on them for almost 20 years since the SARS outbreak and often the interest (aka $$) dried up before the virus fizzled out.  But it’s that research that lead to such a fast development of the COVID19 vaccine.
The flu is not a coronavirus.  It is a completely different type of virus.  And if you want to get technical, it’s been as effective as 60%.  That is why the new mRNA vaccines for COVID are so exciting at 80-90% effectiveness, it’s a modern day miracle!

UK: 74.5% fully vaccinated, yet unvaccinated make up 60% of hospitalizations
Israel: 85% fully vaccinated, and hospitalization rates are about 1/20th of January’s numbers despite the more contagious delta variant. And of course many of their cases are breakthrough cases, because there’s so few unvaccinated people left! 

See here to debunk this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/19/vaccine-skeptics-zero-israel-again-some-reason/

Already debunked above.

I've been so patient with anti-vaxxers... and I can somewhat understand the hesitancy when you're naive of the facts.  But I am getting so sick of the false information being spread by people who have no clue what they're talking about and try to convince others to follow this misguided stance.  STOP SPREADING FALSE INFORMATION!  have some self respect and take about 2.7 minutes to fact check yourself before you start pounding at your keyboard.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 08:45:24 AM by UWW2MU »

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #535 on: August 09, 2021, 09:04:03 AM »
Thank you for the above information.  You addressed the misinformation quite well.  Hopefully that helps our fellow scoopers understand the facts so they will get vaccinated and protect themselves and others.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #536 on: August 09, 2021, 09:29:24 AM »
Dude, arguing with a dumbass who equates people who want to put a shot in people's arms to save their lives with those who perpetrated a genocide responsible for killing about six million people, is probably a useless exercise. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #537 on: August 09, 2021, 09:34:01 AM »
Dude, arguing with a dumbass who equates people who want to put a shot in people's arms to save their lives with those who perpetrated a genocide responsible for killing about six million people, is probably a useless exercise.

Probably fruitless, as one person is using appeals to logos to try to change the mind of someone whose belief is rooted exclusively in pathos, but not useless. If someone stands on a street corner with a sign that says "Vaccines are poison" and nobody steps up to counter that narrative, maybe the passersby only ever see the "Vaccines are poison" sign.

Filling up sandbags and trying to stem the rising tide of ignorance that people have been manipulated into espousing is daunting and disheartening, but if someone sees the ignorance blown up and thinks 'huh, maybe I ought to go on the dry side of this flood' rather than 'heck yeah lets drown baby!' then it's not useless effort.

• All American
« Reply #538 on: August 09, 2021, 09:40:54 AM »
Yes, fruitless exercise is a much better description.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #539 on: August 09, 2021, 09:55:29 AM »
I kinda agree with you both. No amount of facts will ever sway people like willie and rocket. They are impervious to facts and logic. rocket outright said:

so what!  because i choose not to believe your "facts or evidence" tells me i'm on the right track. 

On the other hand, letting the lies and disinformation flow unopposed isn't very palatable either, fruitless as it may be.

The only thing that ever changes their minds is if they personally are affected by something, like the rightwing radio host and anti-vax disinformation spewer that suddenly changed his mind when he caught COVID. Too late for him, though, and probably many others that he influenced.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #540 on: August 09, 2021, 09:58:18 AM »

NO! The biggest roadblock to all of this is not vaccination Nazi's, it's god damn misinformation like this!   ALL of these statements are extremely easy to prove FALSE.  Read thoroughly below and tell me I'm wrong.  I unnatural carnal knowledgeing dare you.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention today released a study confirming the comparative effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines versus natural immunity, including immunity gained from prior SARS-CoV-2 infection. Researchers found that, among hundreds of Kentucky residents with previous infections through June 2021, those who were unvaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated. CDC says the research suggests that among people who have had COVID-19 previously, getting fully vaccinated provides additional protection against reinfection.
A second CDC study, published concurrently, shows the extent to which vaccines prevented COVID-19-related hospitalizations among the highest risk age groups.
https://www.aha.org/news/headline/2021-08-06-cdc-study-confirms-vaccinations-greater-protection-against-covid-19

This lacks context.  True no effective COVID vaccines have been available – but they’ve been working on them for almost 20 years since the SARS outbreak and often the interest (aka $$) dried up before the virus fizzled out.  But it’s that research that lead to such a fast development of the COVID19 vaccine.
The flu is not a coronavirus.  It is a completely different type of virus.  And if you want to get technical, it’s been as effective as 60%.  That is why the new mRNA vaccines for COVID are so exciting at 80-90% effectiveness, it’s a modern day miracle!

UK: 74.5% fully vaccinated, yet unvaccinated make up 60% of hospitalizations
Israel: 85% fully vaccinated, and hospitalization rates are about 1/20th of January’s numbers despite the more contagious delta variant. And of course many of their cases are breakthrough cases, because there’s so few unvaccinated people left! 

See here to debunk this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/19/vaccine-skeptics-zero-israel-again-some-reason/

Already debunked above.

I've been so patient with anti-vaxxers... and I can somewhat understand the hesitancy when you're naive of the facts.  But I am getting so sick of the false information being spread by people who have no clue what they're talking about and try to convince others to follow this misguided stance.  STOP SPREADING FALSE INFORMATION!  have some self respect and take about 2.7 minutes to fact check yourself before you start pounding at your keyboard.

Preach.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #541 on: August 09, 2021, 11:13:11 AM »
I kinda agree with you both. No amount of facts will ever sway people like willie and rocket. They are impervious to facts and logic. rocket outright said:

On the other hand, letting the lies and disinformation flow unopposed isn't very palatable either, fruitless as it may be.

The only thing that ever changes their minds is if they personally are affected by something, like the rightwing radio host and anti-vax disinformation spewer that suddenly changed his mind when he caught COVID. Too late for him, though, and probably many others that he influenced.

He is the perfect example of someone who doesn't know they're the target and victim of propaganda.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #542 on: August 09, 2021, 11:21:27 AM »
So, only slightly over half of Scoop think fans are back 100%, with STH slots coming up shortly.

The other half have ruined yet another thread.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #543 on: August 09, 2021, 11:38:15 AM »
So, only slightly over half of Scoop think fans are back 100%, with STH slots coming up shortly.

The other half have ruined yet another thread.

C'mon Dr. B. Both sides are taking potshots.

This thread died in May. Here's how it got resurrected:

Dicey again?

Here's the first response:

Fear is the new currency of the self righteous

Somehow I don't think that response was from the half you were accusing of ruining a thread
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #544 on: August 09, 2021, 11:39:29 AM »
What is this thread?

I saw Vaccine chatter and don't want to read thru all that ish
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #545 on: August 09, 2021, 11:58:03 AM »
C'mon Dr. B. Both sides are taking potshots.

This thread died in May. Here's how it got resurrected:

Here's the first response:

Somehow I don't think that response was from the half you were accusing of ruining a thread

I took no side. This thread is so off track it's ridiculous. There is a board to discuss COVID and to name call yet posters want to bring this crap into every thread.

There is at least 52% of Scoop posters who want to use sports and MU basketball as an escape to everyday life.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #546 on: August 09, 2021, 12:27:19 PM »
I took no side. This thread is so off track it's ridiculous. There is a board to discuss COVID and to name call yet posters want to bring this crap into every thread.

There is at least 52% of Scoop posters who want to use sports and MU basketball as an escape to everyday life.

I’m one of the 52% that voted that a few weeks ago. I’m not sure I’d vote the same way now.

That’s not a commentary on what I think is right and wrong, just the way the situation is trending.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #547 on: August 09, 2021, 12:41:51 PM »

My apologies for misunderstanding your post. I read it as all the "ruining" came from posters who believe we won't be at 100% capacity come November
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #548 on: August 09, 2021, 12:43:06 PM »
I’m one of the 52% that voted that a few weeks ago. I’m not sure I’d vote the same way now.

That’s not a commentary on what I think is right and wrong, just the way the situation is trending.

MUAD has been mum on back-up options as we go to ST selection. For many reasons, I expect they will come out with the optional plans after we pick.

I am still optimistic we will be 100% live and Charleston will have fans. I think it will be less bumpy after we pass Labor Day.

• All American
« Reply #549 on: August 09, 2021, 12:55:14 PM »
MUAD has been mum on back-up options as we go to ST selection. For many reasons, I expect they will come out with the optional plans after we pick.

I am still optimistic we will be 100% live and Charleston will have fans. I think it will be less bumpy after we pass Labor Day.

I think there is a lot of nervousness about the start of the school year, both K-12 and higher education.  That's why colleges are starting to reinstitute mask mandates that I think a month or so ago people thought wouldn't be back.  Just not enough students are vaccinated right now.

I think we will be at 100%, but I think its going to be bumpy for awhile.