[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 79630 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #475 on: August 06, 2021, 10:50:47 PM »
Interesting that you work in a place with absolutely zero workplace rules ... so as not to jam any rules down the employees' throats.

Must be fascinating to work alongside folks that don't wear shirts or shoes, that don't shower, that use racial epithets, etc.
Yes we employ a tough and somewhat eclectic crowd . A lot of rugged individualists and people who have lousy home lives  . These employees like our approach to creating a supportive and positive working environment as an alternative for them.  We have very little turnover and great comradery. We rely on that to get through these tough times.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #476 on: August 07, 2021, 12:59:41 AM »
Yes we employ a tough and somewhat eclectic crowd . A lot of rugged individualists and people who have lousy home lives  . These employees like our approach to creating a supportive and positive working environment as an alternative for them.  We have very little turnover and great comradery. We rely on that to get through these tough times.

That's really great ... but I'm still willing to bet that you do have workplace rules, not only for decorum but to keep everybody safe, productive and respectful of each other.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

romey

• All American
« Reply #477 on: August 07, 2021, 08:15:04 AM »
If someone is too young or has a LEGITIMATE medical reason they’re unable to get vaccinated, great.

Otherwise….

There’s a reason 95 - 99% of hospitalizations and deaths are in the unvaccinated population.

If you don’t have the common sense and decency to get vaccinated if you’re able, YOU stay home.

7 day average in Wisconsin is 2 deaths per day

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #478 on: August 07, 2021, 08:42:03 AM »
That's really great ... but I'm still willing to bet that you do have workplace rules, not only for decorum but to keep everybody safe, productive and respectful of each other.
We have a simple workplace rule. Show up on time and do your work accurately end efficiently.

Everything else we operate under Matthew 7:12 principles. Do unto others …etc

We have guys who work for us who look like ZZ Top , go to Sturgis  and don’t want to take any crap from the boss. They enjoy our environment and keep working for us rather than someone else.

We have people who are scared and don’t want to come in the office , so we accommodate them and let them work from home .

We found over the years flexible rather than rigid rules work best for us and our people.

---Al McGuire

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #479 on: August 07, 2021, 08:44:35 AM »

And the week before that the 7 day average was 7. And when a 7 day average is 0 the point still stands.

And honestly, it gets a little old pretending death is the only potential serious negative outcome.

Anyone who can get vaccinated and chooses not to is a selfish prick.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #480 on: August 07, 2021, 09:18:28 AM »
We have a simple workplace rule. Show up on time and do your work accurately end efficiently.
Can I day drink?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #481 on: August 07, 2021, 09:20:26 AM »

We have guys who work for us who look like ZZ Top , go to Sturgis  and don’t want to take any crap from the boss. They enjoy our environment and keep working for us rather than someone else.

We have people who are scared and don’t want to come in the office , so we accommodate them and let them work from home .

We found over the years flexible rather than rigid rules work best for us and our people.

I'd really like to work here for that one lawsuit moment that allows me to pay off my student loan and mortgage.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #482 on: August 07, 2021, 10:15:22 AM »
Can I day drink?
If you are a functional alcoholic and can get your work done , accurately and efficiently, yes. Would not be allowed to use heavy equipment though.
            ---Al McGuire

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #483 on: August 07, 2021, 10:23:33 AM »
If you are a functional alcoholic and can get your work done , accurately and efficiently, yes. Would not be allowed to use heavy equipment though.

Sounds like another rule.  ;D

I’m just messing with you. Sounds like a nice place.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #484 on: August 07, 2021, 12:38:46 PM »

Glad the failed blogger who never had to make a payroll in his life is criticizing your business.  That's who'd I would turn to for consulting.

romey

• All American
« Reply #485 on: August 07, 2021, 02:48:24 PM »
And the week before that the 7 day average was 7. And when a 7 day average is 0 the point still stands.

And honestly, it gets a little old pretending death is the only potential serious negative outcome.

100% of those that can get vaccinated will never happen and 0 deaths will never happen.  So let's keep calling people names forever.

MU86NC

• Starter
« Reply #486 on: August 07, 2021, 09:39:32 PM »

Pathetic..

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #487 on: August 07, 2021, 09:40:38 PM »
Pathetic..

Agreed.  Those unwilling to get vaccinated are pathetic
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #488 on: August 08, 2021, 06:46:02 AM »

Deaths are the ultimate trailing indicator. Since the beginning of this thing, hospitalizations have followed cases and deaths have followed hospitalizations.

Hospitalizations have gone up quite a bit in the last week. Still plenty of room but it’s not a good sign. I hope death doesn’t follow, but it I fear it will.

Get vaccinated.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #489 on: August 08, 2021, 08:14:52 AM »

Viper

• All American
« Reply #490 on: August 08, 2021, 08:20:50 AM »

really? So you’ve exposed yourself as 12 yrs old.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #491 on: August 08, 2021, 08:53:54 AM »

Sounds like you've created a nice place to work, 9-9-9, though I know you have more rules than "none."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #492 on: August 08, 2021, 08:56:38 AM »
Glad the failed blogger who never had to make a payroll in his life is criticizing your business.  That's who'd I would turn to for consulting.

In addition to all the lies you spew and the unprovoked, inaccurate, passive-aggressive personal attacks that reflect your lack of character ...

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #493 on: August 08, 2021, 09:09:47 AM »
If someone is too young or has a LEGITIMATE medical reason they’re unable to get vaccinated, great.

Otherwise….

There’s a reason 95 - 99% of hospitalizations and deaths are in the unvaccinated population.

If you don’t have the common sense and decency to get vaccinated if you’re able, YOU stay home.

Agree with this 100%. However, if you have a valid medical reason you should not be punished for not being vaccinated. A young women was awarded a full 4 year academic scholarship to the University she applied to. When she provided her medical records explaining why she could not be vaccinated the University withdrew her scholarship and application stating there were no exceptions. She contracted GBS after recieving a vaccine  4 years prior. Her Doctors have told her she should not take not just the covid vaccine but any vaccine as she is at high risk of a recurrence of GBS. In my opinion the University is over reacting denying her application; especially if most all the other student will be vaccinated.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #494 on: August 08, 2021, 09:24:29 AM »
anyone else seeinng these #stopthemandate facebook posts in wisc? wat mandate

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #495 on: August 08, 2021, 09:45:47 AM »

Facebook?!?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #496 on: August 08, 2021, 09:49:38 AM »

I’ve seen those. Along with the Facebook comment argument spewing conspiracy theories I can see are wrong on a simple google search. But this person’s mom works in a hospital so it’s irrefutable data.

Sorry, read that and got so frustrated.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #497 on: August 08, 2021, 10:02:54 AM »

Medical systems are mandating their employees be vaccinated because they’re a medical system that should be promoting vaccines not conspiracies.

All of those that want to be avoid vaccines can join the ranks of nurses in private nursing homes that do not require vaccines for far less wage and worse benefits.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #498 on: August 08, 2021, 10:20:12 AM »
I’ve seen those. Along with the Facebook comment argument spewing conspiracy theories I can see are wrong on a simple google search. But this person’s mom works in a hospital so it’s irrefutable data.

Sorry, read that and got so frustrated.
grew up in west bend. played alot of sports. so many of my facebook freinds are posting anti vax garbage. its like theyre taking some heroic stand against the covid vaccines. the posts get alot of like likes. its utter bs that can be dubunked in a quick seaech as u said but this is wat these ppl believle. act as if covid isnr real and avoid the vax at all costs. despite.all the data these ppl exist in large numbers. its so palpably ridicilous i dont wat to say. i cant go 10 secs on facebook without some anti vax ur an idiot if u get one content its insane

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #499 on: August 08, 2021, 10:40:41 AM »
https://www.fox9.com/news/m-health-fairview-workers-stage-protests-over-vaccine-mandate

Nurses protest vaccine mandate.

Nurses, nurses? The backbone of healthcare!  Union Nurses? 82’s bride?

^^^^pssst, this is bait^^^^

The wokey wokey crowd must have their undies in a bundle over this.  :o

For the record, I think everyone should be vaccinated. Silly not to.  Also, no need to call people names if they disagree with you.  Not a good look.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 11:36:05 AM by real chili 83 »

feedback