[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 79630 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #450 on: August 05, 2021, 06:43:56 PM »
PETA

People Eating Tasty Animals

Or PESA.  people eating smoked animals.

It's a subsidiary.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #451 on: August 05, 2021, 06:59:24 PM »
PETA

People Eating Tasty Animals

Clearly discrimination against the insipid animals!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #452 on: August 05, 2021, 10:03:02 PM »
Of course they do.  But those people generally have at least some ability to take care of themselves.  If they feel endangered, they can avoid places they consider to be high-risk. 

An unborn fetus has no ability to defend or protect itself under any circumstances.

+ a whole bunch right here

oh, and i'll solve the puzzle

-save the pangolin
don't...don't don't don't don't

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #453 on: August 05, 2021, 10:09:11 PM »
> An unborn fetus has no ability to defend or protect itself under any circumstances.

Pregnancy complications and childbirth injure & kill women all the time, and it's high time that we hold fetuses accountable for their crimes. I think it's premature of you to rule out self-defense.

axaguy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #454 on: August 05, 2021, 11:14:55 PM »
OK, not sure where I am positioned here. Pro vaccination but also pro choice.
The vaccinations are in response to a global pandemic of a highly contagious, infectious virus that has already killed thousands that could be arrested with proper vaccination and hygienic practices. The virus could affect many unsuspecting, unwitting people who either purposely or ignorantly ignore warnings, trends and medical facts.
Pro choice is an actual enforcement of a FREEDOM the constitution guarantees to allow the parent or parents of the unborn fetus to make the choice of abortion or not on each single case. The constitutional ruling does not REQUIRE or impel a person to HAVE an abortion. It simply protects, particularly, the woman's CHOICE to have one or not. Don't blame the constitution for your religious or faith groups inability to counsel , educate or enforce your own group's moral code on your own flock. I do not want or need the constitution to mandate YOUR codes upon me because you can't influence all of your flock to follow your beliefs. The constitution is not in place to enforce your moral or religious code upon those who are not in your flock.
Vaccinating or not is not a moral, religious or political position. It is simply a medical one facing all of us at the same time. What you do or don't DOES and CAN affect me directly and indirectly... Mandating vaccinations is not an act of communism or a violation of your freedom because your choice can and DOES affect me and my health and that of others.
Sorry for the further hijack of this thread that was off the rails much earlier...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #455 on: August 06, 2021, 12:13:45 AM »
The vaccinations are in response to a global pandemic of a highly contagious, infectious virus that has already killed thousands that could be arrested with proper vaccination and hygienic practices. The virus could affect many unsuspecting, unwitting people who either purposely or ignorantly ignore warnings, trends and medical facts.
Pro choice is an actual enforcement of a FREEDOM the constitution guarantees to allow the parent or parents of the unborn fetus to make the choice of abortion or not on each single case. The constitutional ruling does not REQUIRE or impel a person to HAVE an abortion. It simply protects, particularly, the woman's CHOICE to have one or not. Don't blame the constitution for your religious or faith groups inability to counsel , educate or enforce your own group's moral code on your own flock. I do not want or need the constitution to mandate YOUR codes upon me because you can't influence all of your flock to follow your beliefs. The constitution is not in place to enforce your moral or religious code upon those who are not in your flock.
Vaccinating or not is not a moral, religious or political position. It is simply a medical one facing all of us at the same time. What you do or don't DOES and CAN affect me directly and indirectly... Mandating vaccinations is not an act of communism or a violation of your freedom because your choice can and DOES affect me and my health and that of others.
Sorry for the further hijack of this thread that was off the rails much earlier...

Well said. Thanks.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #456 on: August 06, 2021, 12:24:36 AM »

This guy f*cks
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #457 on: August 06, 2021, 05:42:03 AM »

This. All of this.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #458 on: August 06, 2021, 06:55:10 AM »
Well said. Thanks.

Boychik, glad you are onboard with the poster who rocks the eubonics screen name, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #459 on: August 06, 2021, 07:29:03 AM »

That being said, the fetus has to acquire rights at some point prior to birth.  And as such, we all have a compelling reason to protect those rights.  So at some point, the right of the mother to choose becomes secondary to the fetus' right to live.  Some suggest that is at conception.  Others suggest it is much later than that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #460 on: August 06, 2021, 07:34:55 AM »
Or eat one steak.

Brother Galway:

Let me clarify, LOL!

Human life LOL!

I have a deal with the mosquito population in Florida. They don’t bug me and I’ll leave them alone!

As to beef, if God didn’t want us to eat cow, why did God make it so tasty?

Remember, meat is murder......tasty, tasty murder.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #461 on: August 06, 2021, 07:55:34 AM »
So then you're in full support of individual private entities catering to vaccinated only crowds? Or requiring workers to be vaccinated?

No government intervention, just a business deciding that's what they want.
not sure I’m following you, Galway. individual private entities catering only to the vaccinated, or requiring workers to be vaccinated would imply govt intervention, I would think. Maybe I’ll change my mind, but right now I’m ‘choice’ on this deal, hoping Fauci stays in the Boca condo, hoping Biden doesn’t drive the 18-wheeler, can’t wait for ‘22 elections and I really hope Brad Davison gets nut-punched by anyone.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #462 on: August 06, 2021, 08:02:15 AM »
For the pro vaccine choice group, this happened to me this week.  I went to see a cardiologist for my yearly visit.  At the front desk, they asked me if I had "any close contacts with any persons positive with COVID?"  I explained that I had seen two patients the previous week in the hospital with full PPE.  The physician refused to see me.  I've had this happen before: echocardiogram, dentists, who saw me after being with COVID patients.  This time, I was offered a phone/ video visit.  I refused because it had been two years since I've seen someone in person and I had paid a babysitter.  I was also asked not to coach my daughter's soccer team, because my "COVID exposure is too high," working in the hospital. 

Because I work in a hospital, the longer the pandemic goes on, the more things I don't get to experience or get my personal health care denied.  Choosing not to get vaccinated, literally affects EVERYONE.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #463 on: August 06, 2021, 08:50:12 AM »
not sure I’m following you, Galway. individual private entities catering only to the vaccinated, or requiring workers to be vaccinated would imply govt intervention, I would think. Maybe I’ll change my mind, but right now I’m ‘choice’ on this deal, hoping Fauci stays in the Boca condo, hoping Biden doesn’t drive the 18-wheeler, can’t wait for ‘22 elections and I really hope Brad Davison gets nut-punched by anyone.

How? If I'm a short staffed bar or restaurant and I don't want my workers to get Covid and be forced to shut down for quarantine etc, then one way to avoid that would be a vaccinated only crowd. That decision wouldn't imply government intervention. Similar situation with other companies. There's plenty of real world instances I could rattle off that would be vaccinated only without a mayor, governor, or feds having a say so.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #464 on: August 06, 2021, 10:07:07 AM »
For the pro vaccine choice group, this happened to me this week.  I went to see a cardiologist for my yearly visit.  At the front desk, they asked me if I had "any close contacts with any persons positive with COVID?"  I explained that I had seen two patients the previous week in the hospital with full PPE.  The physician refused to see me.  I've had this happen before: echocardiogram, dentists, who saw me after being with COVID patients.  This time, I was offered a phone/ video visit.  I refused because it had been two years since I've seen someone in person and I had paid a babysitter.  I was also asked not to coach my daughter's soccer team, because my "COVID exposure is too high," working in the hospital. 

Because I work in a hospital, the longer the pandemic goes on, the more things I don't get to experience or get my personal health care denied.  Choosing not to get vaccinated, literally affects EVERYONE.

Sorry that happened, MUD. That stinks.

How? If I'm a short staffed bar or restaurant and I don't want my workers to get Covid and be forced to shut down for quarantine etc, then one way to avoid that would be a vaccinated only crowd. That decision wouldn't imply government intervention. Similar situation with other companies. There's plenty of real world instances I could rattle off that would be vaccinated only without a mayor, governor, or feds having a say so.

Yep.

Private businesses trying to protect their employees and customers against the virus is actually the opposite of government control. There have been multiple states in which either the governor, state legislature or both have prohibited (or worked to prohibit) private businesses from requiring vaccines. These big-government red states are forcing private businesses to cater to their big-government whims.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #465 on: August 06, 2021, 10:48:39 AM »
Sorry that happened, MUD. That stinks.

Yep.

Private businesses trying to protect their employees and customers against the virus is actually the opposite of government control. There have been multiple states in which either the governor, state legislature or both have prohibited (or worked to prohibit) private businesses from requiring vaccines. These big-government red states are forcing private businesses to cater to their big-government whims.
Definitely funny how that works.  There is a lot of big government interference by both parties.  Kind of like the "keep your government hands off my Medicare" line.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #466 on: August 06, 2021, 12:15:39 PM »
I do not know about other religions, but if you are a Christian you are suppose to put the other person first.
That should mean you get vaccinated and you do not get an abortion.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #467 on: August 06, 2021, 12:27:31 PM »
To me, the decision(s) here comes down to choosing between the right to do something and the right thing to do.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #468 on: August 06, 2021, 12:32:50 PM »
To me, the decision(s) here comes down to choosing between the right to do something and the right thing to do.

Scoop, I think you nailed it on the head.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #469 on: August 06, 2021, 01:49:09 PM »

Boychik, glad you are onboard with the poster who rocks the eubonics screen name, hey?

I thought he sold life insurance.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Viper

• All American
« Reply #470 on: August 06, 2021, 02:15:13 PM »
[/quote.] for you, as you point out, getting vaccinated might be the right thing to do. Excellent.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #471 on: August 06, 2021, 08:21:52 PM »

For me it Breaks down like this.

Vaccinated----Reward vs Risk---- Equals NoBrainer.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #472 on: August 06, 2021, 09:20:45 PM »
We have found that our employees respond best in situations ,like we are now facing with Covid , when we give them the facts ,as well as we know them,and let the decision be their choice. People generally don’t like having these kind of decisions jammed down their throats .

Out of 1200 employees we have about 90 percent vaccine acceptance. My sense is most  of the rest will come on board relatively soon. 

My gut is that if we had mandates in place our acceptance would be less and many employees would leave for employers who had no mandate .

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #473 on: August 06, 2021, 09:25:22 PM »
If someone is too young or has a LEGITIMATE medical reason they’re unable to get vaccinated, great.

Otherwise….

There’s a reason 95 - 99% of hospitalizations and deaths are in the unvaccinated population.

If you don’t have the common sense and decency to get vaccinated if you’re able, YOU stay home.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 09:27:31 PM by Vander Blue Man Group »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #474 on: August 06, 2021, 10:39:02 PM »
We have found that our employees respond best in situations ,like we are now facing with Covid , when we give them the facts ,as well as we know them,and let the decision be their choice. People generally don’t like having these kind of decisions jammed down their throats .

Out of 1200 employees we have about 90 percent vaccine acceptance. My sense is most  of the rest will come on board relatively soon. 

My gut is that if we had mandates in place our acceptance would be less and many employees would leave for employers who had no mandate .

Interesting that you work in a place with absolutely zero workplace rules ... so as not to jam any rules down the employees' throats.

Must be fascinating to work alongside folks that don't wear shirts or shoes, that don't shower, that use racial epithets, etc.

feedback