[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 79633 times)

RJax55

• All American
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #425 on: August 05, 2021, 12:02:13 PM »
Rjax

Sorry, I need some clarification here.

You just said that unvaccinated people, regardless if they have Covid or not, are your enemy?

Wow.

You just cemented, in one post, the exact fear in many people.

They are your enemy.

Scary stuff.

I made myself perfectly clear. By being unvaccinated, you allow the virus to spread and have a significantly greater chance of ending up in the hospital. That's the facts. Look at Florida currently. Hospitals are filling up and care for all patients is likely to be rationed. Either you are part of the solution or part of the problem.

Anyway, you likely know this. And, I'm not interested in playing the MUScoop troll game.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #426 on: August 05, 2021, 12:07:20 PM »
I'll readily admit, my supply of unnatural carnal knowledges to give for these anti-vax arseholes is at a historic low.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #427 on: August 05, 2021, 12:16:35 PM »
Hate to interrupt this near useless argument (certainly not a discussion), but has anyone heard about South Carolina's stance on the Charleston Classic?  Now that we've purchased tickets, inquiring basketball fans want to know.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #428 on: August 05, 2021, 12:34:19 PM »
Hate to interrupt this near useless argument (certainly not a discussion), but has anyone heard about South Carolina's stance on the Charleston Classic?  Now that we've purchased tickets, inquiring basketball fans want to know.
SC gov makes DeSantis look like a germaphobe, so doubt any restrictions.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #429 on: August 05, 2021, 12:48:21 PM »

Take your basketball related questions and get outa here!    You have some nerve interrupting this highly productive thread!

Viper

• All American
« Reply #430 on: August 05, 2021, 01:03:47 PM »
If we are vaccinated and MU has mandatory vaccination to attend games and the university, and UW does not, I like our odds a bit better versus UW.  How's that for an answer?
good answer!...but keep in mind nut-puncher Davison is back for RED.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #431 on: August 05, 2021, 01:38:03 PM »

I just checked a couple days ago, and SC is wide open with no plans for anything different.

But obviously nobody can know in August what havoc the virus will be wreaking in November, so we'll just have to see.

As for this thread's other subject ...

I'd like to thank TAMU and UWW2MU for making such relevant, reasonable, fact-filled posts that the anti-vax apologists didn't even attempt to refute them.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #432 on: August 05, 2021, 02:19:24 PM »
are you serious?  I doubt you’d opine like this in person. What I find interesting is that many on this board would appear to be pro-choice on abortion. Just a gut on my part as we’ve certainly hammered away on a lot of stuff away from hoops! However, almost no one, it would appear, is pro-choice on the Covid vaccine. Kill a kid? Your call. Covid vaccine. You must...you stupid person!! Anyway, you think we’ll beat UW again this year?

Brother Viper:

OK, I'm pro life and pro vaccination. If you are committed to defending life in all its forms, you take reasonable steps to preserve it at every phase. That's where the vaccination comes in. If you respect life, all life, then you make sure everyone has it so their disease does not pose a risk to anyone else.

Again, your right... your risk. But I want my government locking down or severely restricting the unvaccinated.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #433 on: August 05, 2021, 02:22:42 PM »
Brother Viper:

OK, I'm pro life and pro vaccination. If you are committed to defending life in all its forms, you take reasonable steps to preserve it at every phase. That's where the vaccination comes in. If you respect life, all life, then you make sure everyone has it so their disease does not pose a risk to anyone else.

Again, your right... your risk. But I want my government locking down or severely restricting the unvaccinated.

I swear if you kill so much as one mosquito down in Florida you're a hypocrite
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #434 on: August 05, 2021, 02:38:24 PM »
Or eat one steak.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #435 on: August 05, 2021, 02:42:17 PM »
Brother Viper:

Ding Ding Ding!

Do immune compromised, ill, and older people not matter so much to pro-lifers? 

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #436 on: August 05, 2021, 03:17:14 PM »
I know that. I don’t think it’s right.

And I seriously doubt you would say that to my face, so tone it down please.

You elitists get so angry and irrational when someone disagrees and you have no legitimate responses other than thinking of my johnson.

LMAO mr.moo moo ready to throw fists through the keyboard. peak Scoop

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #437 on: August 05, 2021, 03:22:57 PM »
Ironically, true libertarians understand that individual freedoms end when they infringe on other's individual freedoms.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #438 on: August 05, 2021, 03:25:10 PM »
Do immune compromised, ill, and older people not matter so much to pro-lifers?

Of course they do.  But those people generally have at least some ability to take care of themselves.  If they feel endangered, they can avoid places they consider to be high-risk. 

An unborn fetus has no ability to defend or protect itself under any circumstances.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #439 on: August 05, 2021, 03:27:58 PM »
Brother Viper:

solid, w/one exception. Other than enforcement of law, security/nat. defense, I don’t want govt intervention.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #440 on: August 05, 2021, 03:33:55 PM »
How has this mamma jamma not been locked?? This is the Thelma and Louise of threads. How far can we go!!?!?!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #441 on: August 05, 2021, 03:44:37 PM »
solid, w/one exception. Other than enforcement of law, security/nat. defense, I don’t want govt intervention.

So then you're in full support of individual private entities catering to vaccinated only crowds? Or requiring workers to be vaccinated?

No government intervention, just a business deciding that's what they want.
Maigh Eo for Sam

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #442 on: August 05, 2021, 03:57:34 PM »

Brother Galway:

Let me clarify, LOL!

Human life LOL!

I have a deal with the mosquito population in Florida. They don’t bug me and I’ll leave them alone!

As to beef, if God didn’t want us to eat cow, why did God make it so tasty?

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #443 on: August 05, 2021, 04:00:43 PM »

Ha!  If this was jeopardy the answer would be “what would moo moo say?”

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #444 on: August 05, 2021, 04:21:52 PM »
Brother Galway:

Let me clarify, LOL!

Human life LOL!

I have a deal with the mosquito population in Florida. They don’t bug me and I’ll leave them alone!

As to beef, if God didn’t want us to eat cow moo moos, why did God make it so tasty?

FIFY
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #445 on: August 05, 2021, 05:00:38 PM »
And miss your posts acting like a child who got his ice cream taken away, because he had no real answers to a different perspective?

No way.

Friendly advice Hards: people with opposing opinions, just like people who are not vaccinated, are not the enemy.  When you treat them as such, you come across like an unhinged lunatic tyrant who should be no where near public health decisions. 

When you realize this, you will be happier and make better assessments.

Good luck.

Your perspective is objectively flawed.  I never called anyone 'the enemy' so stop with the straw man argument.  Just called you stupid for being stupid.  Objectively.

Thought you were done with this thread?  How many more good byes do you have in you? 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #446 on: August 05, 2021, 05:03:13 PM »
Ha!  If this was jeopardy the answer would be “what would moo moo say?”

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15pllv

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #447 on: August 05, 2021, 05:06:07 PM »
are you serious?  I doubt you’d opine like this in person. What I find interesting is that many on this board would appear to be pro-choice on abortion. Just a gut on my part as we’ve certainly hammered away on a lot of stuff away from hoops! However, almost no one, it would appear, is pro-choice on the Covid vaccine. Kill a kid? Your call. Covid vaccine. You must...you stupid person!! Anyway, you think we’ll beat UW again this year?

Again, you guys keep telling me what I would and wouldn't say in person.  The implication is what?  That I'd be afraid?  That'd I'd eschew my values to spare the feelings of the person that I'm talking to?  What would I possibly have to lose?  I just don't understand this line of thought.

Also, your must get your analogies from moomoo because they're just as stupid.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #448 on: August 05, 2021, 06:00:06 PM »
Ironically, true libertarians understand that individual freedoms end when they infringe on other's individual freedoms.

It is almost as if JS Mill was onto something with the harm principle.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #449 on: August 05, 2021, 06:21:05 PM »
Brother Galway:

Let me clarify, LOL!

Human life LOL!

As to beef, if God didn’t want us to eat cow, why did God make it so tasty?

PETA

People Eating Tasty Animals

feedback