[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 79633 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #375 on: August 05, 2021, 07:30:02 AM »
Wrong.

I am pro-vaccines, including the ones for Covid.

But I am also pro freedom of choice.

People are not a walking talking virus. We can’t assume that.

And I also will not back down from calling out the fascist, racist tendencies of many on the woke left.

Less that 30% of African Americans are vaccinated. Vaccine passports would affect them the most, like modern day segregation. I’m against that. Leave them alone.

They are smart enough to make their own decisions without self appointed saviors like you and Brew forcing something on them. The arrogance is astounding.

One hundred years ago, the best scientists decided to sterilize Jewish and Italian immigrants in the name of “public health”. Think about that. And no one complained. Look it up. Let’s learn from that disaster.

The elitists turn fascist real quick. If you don’t want to be called out on it, then don’t reveal your inclinations on this board.

Oh good, another brainwashed lunatic.  As if we didn't have enough in this country.

38% of Blacks have been vaccinated.  49% of Whites have been vaccinated.  Again, you're entitled to your own stupid opinions, but not your own facts.

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/percent-of-total-population-that-has-received-a-covid-19-vaccine-by-race-ethnicity/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D

Pretty messed up that you're trying to equate forced sterilization with vaccination.  Because they're not even remotely similar.  I've said nothing racist, nor implied anything racist.  And if you know anything about me, you'd know I'm far from 'elitist'.  Whatever your strange definition of that is.  I wonder if it's as off base as your perceived definition of fascism.  Then again, I don't wonder that at all.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #376 on: August 05, 2021, 07:31:21 AM »
“Stupid people of the US”??

Those who don’t vaccinate? 

Very lazy thinking in so many ways not to mention a term wildly thrown around during previous admin…dictatorial?? 

This is a little more complex but I don’t want to over burden you

Yes, stupid people of the US.  If you're not vaccinated, you are stupid.  I've said this before, I'll say it again.  There is nothing lazy about that.

And rocket, nothing you say could possibly overburden me.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #377 on: August 05, 2021, 07:43:05 AM »
Oh good, another brainwashed lunatic.  As if we didn't have enough in this country.

38% of Blacks have been vaccinated.  49% of Whites have been vaccinated.  Again, you're entitled to your own stupid opinions, but not your own facts.

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/percent-of-total-population-that-has-received-a-covid-19-vaccine-by-race-ethnicity/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D

Pretty messed up that you're trying to equate forced sterilization with vaccination.  Because they're not even remotely similar.  I've said nothing racist, nor implied anything racist.  And if you know anything about me, you'd know I'm far from 'elitist'.  Whatever your strange definition of that is.  I wonder if it's as off base as your perceived definition of fascism.  Then again, I don't wonder that at all.

You couldn’t understand the analogy of scientists taking an extreme position and being wrong, yet you call others “stupid”? 

That seems pretty “elitist” to me.

And I never said you said anything racist, so why are you saying you are not racist?  I think I know why. “The lady doth protest too much, methinks.”

So if a policy disproportionately harms a particular ethnic group, we can’t suggest it’s racist?  Or maybe is it that we can’t suggest it is racist because you agree with it and elitists like yourself can never be racist?  Which is it?

Get off your high horse, and keep your needles away from adults who don’t want it.

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #378 on: August 05, 2021, 08:00:06 AM »
You couldn’t understand the analogy of scientists taking an extreme position and being wrong, yet you call others “stupid”? 

And I never said you said anything racist, so why are you saying you are not racist?  I think I know why. “The lady doth protest too much, methinks.”

So if a policy disproportionately harms a particular ethnic group, we can’t suggest it’s racist?  Or maybe is it that we can’t suggest it is racist because you agree with it and elitists like yourself can never be racist?  Which is it?

Get off your high horse, and keep your needles away from adults who don’t want it.

Vaccination isn't simply about protecting you, but protecting those who are most vulnerable.  Including those who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons. 

It's just interesting that a society that rightfully praises military veterans for their "sacrifice," has a substantial segment that won't walk down to the local CVS to get vaccinated.  And yes, I am equating the two.  After Pearl Harbor and 9/11, many people dropped what they were doing to sign up.  This pandemic has killed more than 200 9/11's, yet people can't make a much lesser sacrifice.  It's sad.

The line between freedom and selfishness is often a thin one.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 08:02:10 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #379 on: August 05, 2021, 08:02:27 AM »

You're trying to use the word elitism as a pejorative, I get it.  You don't like experts, scientists, or academia, I get it.  They're elitist because they're more elite than you are.  You're a simple caveman who is incapable of critical thought so everything is elitism to someone of your intelligence, I get it.  You don't like being told what to do, I get it.  Unfortunately, we're in this mess for this exact reason.  Thousands of stupid people that don't know what is good for them despite overwhelming evidence.  That isn't elitism.

Requiring vaccinations does not disproportionately harm any ethnic group.  They're readily available to anyone who needs them.  I have employees who have gotten them at the grocery store. 

You're libertarian brain rot is on full display, and not surprisingly, it sounds a lot like the ramblings of a person who hasn't really thought through any of the garbage they espouse.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #380 on: August 05, 2021, 08:03:31 AM »
You're trying to use the word elitism as a pejorative, I get it.  You don't like experts, scientists, or academia, I get it.  They're elitist because they're more elite than you are.  You're a simple caveman who is incapable of critical thought so everything is elitism to someone of your intelligence, I get it. 

His consistent use of phrases like "virtue signaling" and use of false equivalencies is a sure sign of his ability for critical thought.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #381 on: August 05, 2021, 08:05:35 AM »

His consistent use of phrases like "virtue signaling" and use of false equivalencies is a sure sign of his ability for critical thought.

Equating forced sterilization with vaccination has to be one of the all time most idiotic analogies I've ever read on this board.   And that's really saying something.

If you check his post history, on more than one occasion he has lavished praise upon guru... so you know the guy isn't playing with a full deck.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 08:13:04 AM by Hards_Alumni »

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #382 on: August 05, 2021, 08:22:56 AM »
Equating forced sterilization with vaccination has to be one of the all time most idiotic analogies I've ever read on this board.   And that's really saying something.

If you check his post history, on more than one occasion he has lavished praise upon guru... so you know the guy isn't playing with a full deck.

Checking my post history?  Wow. I really did strike a nerve with you.

Your head spins when you feel you have the moral high ground (which you don’t) and adults simply disagree with you. All you can do is suggest that others aren’t smart enough to know what’s good for them.

I’m so glad I called you out on this, because it exposes your tyrannical fascist inclinations.

That’s why you are in freak out mode.

Calm down, relax, recharge a little, and enjoy the day.

And stay away from adults who don’t want the vaccine.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #383 on: August 05, 2021, 08:26:33 AM »

So you think the vaccinated shouldn't go to the Marquette game because there undoubtedly would be some non-vaccinated people there.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #384 on: August 05, 2021, 08:27:51 AM »
Checking my post history?  Wow. I really did strike a nerve with you.

Your head spins when you feel you have the moral high ground (which you don’t) and adults simply disagree with you. All you can do is suggest that others aren’t smart enough to know what’s good for them.

I’m so glad I called you out on this, because it exposes your tyrannical fascist inclinations.

That’s why you are in freak out mode.

Calm down, relax, recharge a little, and enjoy the day.

"Nice deflection"

You're cute.  Stick around, guru, we've missed you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #385 on: August 05, 2021, 08:34:32 AM »
The intentional idiocy and false equivalency while trying so desperately to paint me into a corner is cute. Never before has it been so easy to live rent free in someone's head.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #386 on: August 05, 2021, 08:36:22 AM »

That's kind of the point.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #387 on: August 05, 2021, 08:45:07 AM »
Wrong.

I am pro-vaccines, including the ones for Covid.

But I am also pro freedom of choice.

People are not a walking talking virus. We can’t assume that.

And I also will not back down from calling out the fascist, racist tendencies of many on the woke left.

Less that 30% of African Americans are vaccinated. Vaccine passports would affect them the most, like modern day segregation. I’m against that. Leave them alone.

They are smart enough to make their own decisions without self appointed saviors like you and Brew forcing something on them. The arrogance is astounding.

One hundred years ago, the best scientists decided to sterilize Jewish and Italian immigrants in the name of “public health”. Think about that. And no one complained. Look it up. Let’s learn from that disaster.

The elitists turn fascist real quick. If you don’t want to be called out on it, then don’t reveal your inclinations on this board.

WUHOO!!!  We reached Godwins Law before the thread got locked!    Mods really gave a long leash on this one.   Made my day, thanks folks!   

Now for the fun of it, my two cents: 

Moomoo, I am also a conservative who also strongly believes that there should be no government mandate to get the vaccine (just imagine next time when we have something more dangerous than these very safe vaccines that might get forced upon us?).   

That being said, private institutions can do whatever the hell they want.   Employers can do whatever the hell they want.  You don’t have to go to Marquette games or restaurants or work at a hospital if you don’t want the vaccine.   On the flip side, by someone not getting the vaccine and insisting that they can go in public, you are now ostracizing EVERYONE ELSE who doesn’t want to get sick.  Should people on the other side ALSO have the choice to not expose themselves or others?  This is especially true for immunocompromised people who need to go shopping or those who have kids who can’t get the vaccine yet.   

So who do we exclude?  The people who believe false and misleading information on vaccines? Or should we exclude people who actually listened to their doctors, healthcare leaders, epidemiologists, etc? 

Also, drop the hypocritical virtual signaling accusation… your “freedom” hill to die on of not getting a safe and effective prick in the arm is nothing compared to people who have ACTUALLY fought for our freedoms.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #388 on: August 05, 2021, 08:46:32 AM »
The intentional idiocy and false equivalency while trying so desperately to paint me into a corner is cute. Never before has it been so easy to live rent free in someone's head.

Another great deflection. Your hypocrisy was exposed. And it was so easy to do.  Take the loss and move on, Brew.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #389 on: August 05, 2021, 08:51:42 AM »
When you're always the smartest one in the room but you're also the only one in the room.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #390 on: August 05, 2021, 08:53:43 AM »
When you're always the smartest one in the room but you're also the only one in the room.

Schroedinger's moomoo

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #391 on: August 05, 2021, 08:56:04 AM »
WUHOO!!!  We reached Godwins Law before the thread got locked!    Mods really gave a long leash on this one.   Made my day, thanks folks!   

Now for the fun of it, my two cents: 

Moomoo, I am also a conservative who also strongly believes that there should be no government mandate to get the vaccine (just imagine next time when we have something more dangerous than these very safe vaccines that might get forced upon us?).   

That being said, private institutions can do whatever the hell they want.   Employers can do whatever the hell they want.  You don’t have to go to Marquette games or restaurants or work at a hospital if you don’t want the vaccine.   On the flip side, by someone not getting the vaccine and insisting that they can go in public, you are now ostracizing EVERYONE ELSE who doesn’t want to get sick.  Should people on the other side ALSO have the choice to not expose themselves or others?  This is especially true for immunocompromised people who need to go shopping or those who have kids who can’t get the vaccine yet.   

So who do we exclude?  The people who believe false and misleading information on vaccines? Or should we exclude people who actually listened to their doctors, healthcare leaders, epidemiologists, etc? 

Also, drop the hypocritical virtual signaling accusation… your “freedom” hill to die on of not getting a safe and effective prick in the arm is nothing compared to people who have ACTUALLY fought for our freedoms.

Employers can NOT do whatever they want. There are anti discrimination laws. 

I believe discrimination against the nonvaxed is wrong. I don’t believe we should assume and treat all of them like a walking death trap.  These are people who are making a choice that I need to respect, even if I disagree with it, which I do.

And how do the words virtue signaling equate to those who fought for our freedoms?  There is no comparison in my book. None. Zero. If I gave that impression, it was not my intention.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #392 on: August 05, 2021, 08:56:22 AM »
Nice deflection.

You said “stupid” Americans should literally be excluded from American society if they refuse to be vaccinated, and the reasoning is the negative impact they could have on public health.

Therefore, you must be an advocate for a complete and total shutdown on all immigration and travel into the United States unless absolute proof could be shown of vaccination.

Obviously, these “stupid” non vaccinated immigrants are a clear and present danger to the public health of the American citizens, right?

Again, unless you agree with the above, feel free to moralize and pontificate all you want, but do it in the mirror, where your audience won’t see right through your self righteous BS.

I'm confused. Brew called Americans who aren't vaxed stupid. The vast vast majority are, there's no ID required, no cost for most of them, no need for insurance, mobile centers that were coming to you etc. but you then used his stupid comment to project that onto immigrants. They haven't necessarily been given the same access and chance to get it so just be logical here, why do you think that Brew's stupid terminology for Americans would make sense for brand new immigrants?

I mean if they're here for a year unvaxed then yes they're stupid, if theyve been here for an hour then no they're not.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #393 on: August 05, 2021, 09:04:43 AM »
Employers can NOT do whatever they want. There are anti discrimination laws. 

I believe discrimination against the nonvaxed is wrong. I don’t believe we should assume and treat all of them like a walking death trap.  These are people who are making a choice that I need to respect, even if I disagree with it, which I do.

And how do the words virtue signaling equate to those who fought for our freedoms?  There is no comparison in my book. None. Zero. If I gave that impression, it was not my intention.

Employers can and do require vaccinations for their employees if they choose.  Should I name some of these businesses for you, or would you like to keep tripping over your dick?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #394 on: August 05, 2021, 09:12:26 AM »
I believe discrimination against the nonvaxed is wrong.

Does this go for all vaccines, or just COVID?
You're good with your kids sitting in class all day next to kids not vaccinated against polio and hepatitis?

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #395 on: August 05, 2021, 09:30:29 AM »
Employers can and do require vaccinations for their employees if they choose.  Should I name some of these businesses for you, or would you like to keep tripping over your dick?

I know that. I don’t think it’s right.

And I seriously doubt you would say that to my face, so tone it down please.

You elitists get so angry and irrational when someone disagrees and you have no legitimate responses other than thinking of my johnson.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #396 on: August 05, 2021, 09:31:03 AM »
Employers can NOT do whatever they want. There are anti discrimination laws

1. There are no anti-discrimination laws against vaccination status.  Also, the precedent has been set multiple times that give employers (especially in the healthcare setting) the right to require vaccines.

2. Due to the nature of COVID being transmittable before symptoms show, you DO have to effectively consider anyone who's not vaccinated as potentially contagious. 

3. It's your own virtue signaling... that somehow you are a brave freedom fighter, making the world better for those poor anti-vaxxers who don't want microchips injected into their body (or whatever false assumptions they are making).

Just out of curiosity, since you are basically saying everyone is responsible for their own decisions on how to stay safe and we can't mandate any controls... do you believe smoking on an airplane should be allowed?  Even if second hand smoke is a leading cause of cancer and the non-smoker has no control on whether the other person smokes or not.    What about drunk driving?  I mean, watch out for yourself right?  It's my choice to put myself in danger by driving while under the influence... if you don't like that, stay off the roads, right? 

Perhaps those are slightly exagerated examples, but the point is, some health and safety decisions people make DO affect others.  That is when we need to consider whether the cost of regulating those situations vs the good those rules do for society.   I don't think there's a clear red line on that... but the option should be there.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #397 on: August 05, 2021, 09:36:33 AM »
I know that. I don’t think it’s right.

And I seriously doubt you would say that to my face, so tone it down please.

You elitists get so angry and irrational when someone disagrees and you have no legitimate responses other than thinking of my johnson.

Ah, nice.  A veiled threat of violence for speaking my mind.  Classic.   But I'm the angry one, huh?  lmao.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #398 on: August 05, 2021, 09:42:05 AM »
Does this go for all vaccines, or just COVID?
You're good with your kids sitting in class all day next to kids not vaccinated against polio and hepatitis?

Brother Pakuni:

You just hit the nail on the head. We require vaccinations for smallpox, mumps, measles, polio and a host of other childhood diseases. Your child doesn't have 'em, they don't go to school. Period. End of discussion.

In Illinois in 1979, we found a school district with no evidence of polio vaccinations for a good part of the high school. When the state found out about it, they went berzerk and threatened to close the high school and, if opened, prohibit the unvaccinated from attending. That's what a state does.

I'll agree with others that the State cannot force at gunpoint people to stop acting stupidly. Your right... your risk. But we can and should put restrictions on what the stupidly unvaccinated can do. Going to basketball games, working in an office, entering a food store or attending school should be starters. I'm an extremist, but I believe that beginning, say, October 1, we should eliminate all masking and distancing requirements and allow health insurance providers to exclude payment for treatment of Covid-19, IF YOU ARE UNVACCINATED!

I'm amazed at how stupid even smart people can be. My wife and I have a friend who has a law degree and worked for several very high powered organizations. Yet, she refuses to be vaccinated. I just don't get it. Time to stop thinking raw idiocy and GET VACCINATED!

There is no reason why anyone older than 12 years should be unvaccinated. The vaccine is widely available. If you're poor, well, it's free. If you can't travel; chances are the providers will come to you. Even in Florida, you can be vaccinated and then buy your guns at Walmart!

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #399 on: August 05, 2021, 09:45:05 AM »
Ah, nice.  A veiled threat of violence for speaking my mind.  Classic.   But I'm the angry one, huh?  lmao.

Oh boy.

Nope. Just stating that I think you would be classier than that in person, so I politely asked to relax.

feedback