[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
137 (52.7%)
75% capacity
24 (9.2%)
50% capacity
75 (28.8%)
25% capacity
15 (5.8%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
9 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 79633 times)

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2021, 10:58:35 AM »
I understand your position.
I just don't want to have to prove my vaccination records going to a basketball game, concert, bar etc.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2021, 11:02:02 AM »
I just don't want to have to prove my vaccination records going to a basketball game, concert, bar etc.
should your kids have to prove their records to attend school?

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2021, 11:03:51 AM »
should your kids have to prove their records to attend school?
School is a little different than those don't ya think? Surprised you didn't bring up international travel as well.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2021, 11:07:05 AM »
School is a little different than those don't ya think? Surprised you didn't bring up international travel as well.

Why? I think disease spreads just as easily in a bar as it does in a school.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2021, 11:08:02 AM »
Why? I think disease spreads just as easily in a bar as it does in a school.
If you can't see the difference between schools and the bar then we'll just have to agree to disagree here and move on.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2021, 11:11:11 AM »
The only reason you don't have to prove you've been vaccinated for measles, etc as an adult is because it was a requirement for you to be in school and therefore you are not a risk to spread the disease while out in the general public. IMO it should be no different for COVID.

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2021, 11:12:25 AM »
The only reason you don't have to prove you've been vaccinated for measles, etc as an adult is because it was a requirement for you to be in school and therefore you are not a risk to spread the disease while out in the general public. IMO it should be no different for COVID.
And that's your opinion which I vehemently disagree with. Cheers.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2021, 11:16:25 AM »
If you can't see the difference between schools and the bar then we'll just have to agree to disagree here and move on.

So then do a better job making your point.  Unless your point is, "I don't wanna".

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2021, 11:17:32 AM »
So then do a better job making your point.  Unless your point is, "I don't wanna".
So I can argue with a wall? No one's mind is changing on this issue based on a message board post. I'd rather waste my time arguing about whether Theo John is better than Davante.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2021, 11:20:42 AM »
So I can argue with a wall? No one's mind is changing on this issue based on a message board post. I'd rather waste my time arguing about whether Theo John is better than Davante.
Both of them believe in vaccinations

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2021, 11:23:31 AM »
And that's your opinion which I vehemently disagree with. Cheers.

Why?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2021, 11:23:37 AM »
Both of them believe in vaccinations
And so do I? What are you getting at? Getting my second shot at 4pm today.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2021, 11:32:23 AM »
I work directly with several medical professionals who will never take the vaccine.  I'm sure scoopers though have done the same amount of research.

I know some similar medical professionals.  And yes, I can say many scoopers are more knowledgeable than them, and have done more research (esp if you've been following the covid board). 

No one's mind is changing on this issue based on a message board post.

I disagree with this.  There are some on the fence, that don't interact with many vaccinated people.  So hearing stories (good or bad) can influence their decision.  Many posting here have been vaccinated, and don't have any horror stories, so when I see someone post "I have seen much more severe reactions to the vaccination (healthy individuals), than from those who have contracted the virus (also healthy individuals). " - I feel the need to refute that badly informed opinion.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 11:38:21 AM by rocky_warrior »

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2021, 11:36:38 AM »
And so do I? What are you getting at? Getting my second shot at 4pm today.
I should have said "both are intelligent men and believe we should all get vaccinated in order to be in close contact with others" (obviously I don't know that but it was a joke bout the T vs D debate)

My larger point is that you are OK creating an environment where conspiracy theorists 'research' is as valid as the science and allowing them to endanger themselves and the general population. And being OK with allowing misguided/ill informed/etc people to put others at risk during a pandemic which has killed 550K in the US to date is what's at issue.

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2021, 11:38:20 AM »
I should have said "both are intelligent men and believe we should all get vaccinated in order to be in close contact with others" (obviously I don't know that but it was a joke bout the T vs D debate)

My larger point is that you are OK creating an environment where conspiracy theorists 'research' is as valid as the science and allowing them to endanger themselves and the general population. And being OK with allowing misguided/ill informed/etc people to put others at risk during a pandemic which has killed 550K in the US to date is what's at issue.
HUH. You got all that from me not wanting to show my vaccination status at the bar. Take care.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2021, 11:40:03 AM »

I flash my passport/driving license to enter a drinking establishment. I flash my insurance card to receive medical care. I flash my membership card to enter a gym. I flash a ticket in hand to enter a sporting event.

What's so hard about flashing your vaccine card along with those entry forms?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2021, 11:40:56 AM »
If I'm playing Russian roulette with a 4/100 loaded gun vs (at this point) 6/7,000,000 non lethal bullets. I know which I use to play.

This.

Math.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2021, 11:58:10 AM »
I’ve been in 250+ patient rooms with COVID+ people. You don’t want COVID, don’t want to cheat COVID. Get the vaccine to protect yourself, your spouses and your kids. There is nothing more that you can do for the good old USA in the next month then go to your local Walgreens for 2 minutes and have them stick a needle in you.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2021, 12:02:53 PM »
I know some similar medical professionals.  And yes, I can say many scoopers are more knowledgeable than them, and have done more research (esp if you've been following the covid board). 

I disagree with this.  There are some on the fence, that don't interact with many vaccinated people.  So hearing stories (good or bad) can influence their decision.  Many posting here have been vaccinated, and don't have any horror stories, so when I see someone post "I have seen much more severe reactions to the vaccination (healthy individuals), than from those who have contracted the virus (also healthy individuals). " - I feel the need to refute that badly informed opinion.

I agree. I was hesitant to get the vaccine when it was talked about last fall. I wasn’t sure what kind of approval steps may have been skipped.

Reading opinions on here (as well as other places), really made me comfortable and made me want to get it the first chance I could. As a non-science person, the medical language is a bit daunting, but hearing what it means in layman’s terms really helped me jump on board.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2021, 12:32:10 PM »
I flash my passport/driving license to enter a drinking establishment. I flash my insurance card to receive medical care. I flash my membership card to enter a gym. I flash a ticket in hand to enter a sporting event.

What's so hard about flashing your vaccine card along with those entry forms?
Same goes for voting.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2021, 12:39:48 PM »
I’ve been in 250+ patient rooms with COVID+ people. You don’t want COVID, don’t want to cheat COVID. Get the vaccine to protect yourself, your spouses and your kids. There is nothing more that you can do for the good old USA in the next month then go to your local Walgreens for 2 minutes and have them stick a needle in you.
Testify.   

But you speaking truth will not impact those who do not want to hear the truth.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2021, 12:47:50 PM »
Same goes for voting.

Medical care is not a constitutional right, drinking at a private establishment is not a constitutional right, going to a gym is not a constitutional right, going to a sporting event is not a constitutional right.

You know what is a constitutional right?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2021, 01:21:28 PM »
Medical care is not a constitutional right, drinking at a private establishment is not a constitutional right, going to a gym is not a constitutional right, going to a sporting event is not a constitutional right.

You know what is a constitutional right?
Would you argue that someone shouldn't need an ID to purchase a gun?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2021, 01:22:15 PM »
Maybe inability was the incorrect word.  Unable to obtain for some medical reason.

If 100% of the eligible people take the shot as soon as they can, the <1% who really can't take it for medical reasons would be safe enough to attend with a negligible risk of spread.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2021, 01:31:58 PM »
Would you argue that someone shouldn't need an ID to purchase a gun?

Not gonna get deep into this argument but at least that's a comparable point unlike the other ones.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback