[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Morrow to Marquette  (Read 65618 times)

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
Re: Morrow to Marquette
« Reply #275 on: May 09, 2017, 07:10:09 PM »
dis not example of punctuation, ainner?
Speak English please.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #276 on: May 10, 2017, 05:03:27 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #277 on: May 10, 2017, 05:30:14 PM »
What's most impressive about that article is that Matty V went to Morrow's teammate's workout with the Bucks to ask him about Ed. Great work.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #278 on: May 10, 2017, 06:34:46 PM »
What's most impressive about that article is that Matty V went to Morrow's teammate's workout with the Bucks to ask him about Ed. Great work.
Matt is doing Buck's work now and is probably the heir to the newly retired beat guy for the Bucks, Charles Gardner.  He was there for the Bucks.  Still, good work.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #279 on: May 10, 2017, 06:56:38 PM »
Gotcha--didn't know that. Thank you.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #280 on: May 10, 2017, 08:07:52 PM »
Matt is doing Buck's work now and is probably the heir to the newly retired beat guy for the Bucks, Charles Gardner.  He was there for the Bucks.  Still, good work.

Sadly I'm guessing our days of Matty V are numbered.  He's up there with Rosiak as a HOFer.  Hopefully they hire another young and hungry beat guy for us and don't go the Enlund, Hunt route.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »
Sadly I'm guessing our days of Matty V are numbered.  He's up there with Rosiak as a HOFer.  Hopefully they hire another young and hungry beat guy for us and don't go the Enlund, Hunt route.
Yup.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2017, 08:54:23 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2017/05/09/mu-officially-announces-addition-ed-morrow/101462474/

Does nobody check for actual stories about actual players any more?

Was going to post but didn't have a chance to earlier.  Two Wojo quotes stood out to me with my remarks in blue:

"But in certain situations, as we told him when he was here, there are some teams in our league that are smaller and there may be a time when he's the biggest guy on the floor." So much for the narrative that Morrow doesn't want to play the 5.  I know he said it, but, like I expected, occasionally playing the 5 is better than riding the bench.

"In terms of scholarship situations, obviously we're aware of them, but in today's day and age those things tend to work themselves out." Yep. Get a guard and Joey.  And if Joey says no, get a guard and BPA.  The rest will work itself out.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2017, 09:32:07 PM »

Haven't you heard? Smuggles is gonna take over because, as he insists, Matt was a lousy reporter.

Smuggles might find out that there is more to reporting than pasting somebody else's report into a comment stream of a chat room, but he's got time to hone his craft. I mean, he perfected his Apple stock evaluation skills, didn't he?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2017, 10:04:30 PM »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #285 on: May 11, 2017, 10:31:36 AM »
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2017/05/09/mu-officially-announces-addition-ed-morrow/101462474/

Does nobody check for actual stories about actual players any more?

I was just waiting for the article about his boot fitting, which is when MU recruits REALLY become official.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #286 on: May 11, 2017, 11:24:46 AM »

To be fair there are almost no Enlund, Hunt types at any newspapers anymore (long in the tooth with visions of past glories in their eyes which made their "current" roles beneath them).

I think Matty V is an awesome reporter and its been great to have him but if he does move on, I would think another young and hungry reporter takes it up.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #287 on: May 11, 2017, 11:28:12 AM »
I'm betting that Matty V will continue to cover MU hoops but will have to take over covering other teams also.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #288 on: May 11, 2017, 11:33:40 AM »
I'm betting that Matty V will continue to cover MU hoops but will have to take over covering other teams also.

At this rate, by the end of next year he'll literally be writing the entire sports section, and probably branching out to the Cue section as well (or whatever they call it now).
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #289 on: May 11, 2017, 12:14:44 PM »

Chitown, have you applied yet??????

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #290 on: May 11, 2017, 12:25:11 PM »

I have to think Matty V becomes the Bucks #1 and a guy like Rosiak helps out with the Bucks beat.  And as Eng03 pointed out MU will get a young guy. 

If they really wanted to half @ss it, they could make Haudricourt (Brewers) do Nov - Jan and have Michael Cohen (youngest Packers) do Feb & Mar.

Another name to look it could be https://twitter.com/daveboehler

He's a free lancer now who covers select UWM games & Admirals Hockey for MJS.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #291 on: May 11, 2017, 02:48:57 PM »
Pretty sure Cohen's crib is in Green Bay. Knot likely ta bee assigned to da Warriors. Wood bee nice to get a dude like him, 'cuz he's capable and duz a fine job, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #292 on: May 11, 2017, 05:24:56 PM »
If the JS follows the trend of the Charlotte Observer and many others, they won't hire full-time replacements but will instead go with freelance "stringers."

The Observer uses stringers for most UNC-Charlotte and Davidson sports (the only D1 universities in town), Triple-A baseball, local golf, most prep coverage and even sometimes the Hornets.

Charlotte is now the 17th largest city in the country and is one of the fastest-growing U.S. cities and the newspaper of record has exactly 6 full-time sportswriters: 2 Panthers, 1 Hornets, 1 columnist, 1 auto racing and 1 prep. The auto racing guy retired and hasn't been replaced yet. The Hornets guy must be ill or something because I haven't seen his byline in months; a stringer covered the last several games of the season.

Rough times for a hurtin' business.

So if Matt moves on to bigger and better things - and I hope he does, because he's earned it - he might not be replaced by a full-time sportswriter.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #293 on: May 11, 2017, 06:16:34 PM »
If the JS follows the trend of the Charlotte Observer and many others, they won't hire full-time replacements but will instead go with freelance "stringers."

The Observer uses stringers for most UNC-Charlotte and Davidson sports (the only D1 universities in town), Triple-A baseball, local golf, most prep coverage and even sometimes the Hornets.

Charlotte is now the 17th largest city in the country and is one of the fastest-growing U.S. cities and the newspaper of record has exactly 6 full-time sportswriters: 2 Panthers, 1 Hornets, 1 columnist, 1 auto racing and 1 prep. The auto racing guy retired and hasn't been replaced yet. The Hornets guy must be ill or something because I haven't seen his byline in months; a stringer covered the last several games of the season.

Rough times for a hurtin' business.

So if Matt moves on to bigger and better things - and I hope he does, because he's earned it - he might not be replaced by a full-time sportswriter.

sportwriters no matta.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #294 on: May 11, 2017, 08:13:41 PM »
ND sucks

MU82

• All American
« Reply #295 on: May 11, 2017, 11:06:11 PM »
sportwriters no matta.

Yes, I was told that several years ago by the company that employed me!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #296 on: May 12, 2017, 07:19:55 AM »
I asked Matt and he tweeted back that of right now nothing had changed
https://twitter.com/matt_velazquez/status/862865873073311744
Goal is National Championship

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #297 on: May 12, 2017, 07:51:05 AM »
I asked Matt and he tweeted back that of right now nothing had changed
https://twitter.com/matt_velazquez/status/862865873073311744

Isn't putting MUScoop and panic in the same tweet the Office of Redundancy Office?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #298 on: May 12, 2017, 07:52:04 AM »
Isn't putting MUScoop and panic in the same tweet the Office of Redundancy Office?

Well played!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #299 on: May 12, 2017, 07:53:48 AM »
Actually, if Matty changes assignments he can join scoop nation as he won't have any conflict.